Chapter I

Chapter I

A Chapter by Linzey
"

She awakens...

"
I do not remember my past, nor do I intend to remember my future. All I know is that I feel empty. I know that something is missing. Waking every morning to the sound of animals. The scent of pine trees, dirt, and dew keeping my senses on edge. Yet, why am I here? Sleeping every night with a thin blanket. No one around me to show their love and care. What is it that I seek? As I move deeper and deeper into this land of the unknown I seem to understand that there is a reason for this journey. If only the past didn't seem so far away...

I hear footsteps. They're coming closer. Every crinkle made by tells me where they're coming from, what they might want, and how badly they want their "prey". Luckily, I know this land better than anyone else around here. I can travel soundlessly because I know what makes me known in this wild place. I can move like the animals, like the wind. I can run like a fox, listen like an owl, stand out like a wolf, blend in like a mouse. It all depends on what I want you to see and hear.

I always suddenly wake from terrorizing nightmares. I can feel my adrenaline racing and the fear, which I so rarely feel becoming a part of me during the nights. Could this be from my past? Does it want me to learn and understand these memories so I don't make the same mistakes in the future? All i know is that I want to run. I never want to stop. Even if it takes an eternity to find what I'm looking for... Whatever it is. I will do all it takes to find it.

The sun begins to rise slowly over the ever moving horizon. Its glow of oranges, reds, and yellows. How I long to feel those colors against my skin when my mind and heart is at ease. When the racing of my mind stops. When I no longer have to hide. When I can remember my past and long to remember my future for then I know it will be bright. All I need to remember know is run. Run as far and as fast as you can. Get there before you know it. Get there before they do...


© 2010 Linzey


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Daamn this is a good book! my heart's racing just listening to this! i love the confusion in it, the mystery and the wildness of the girl. so damn good. The only thing i'd change, and it barely counts for anything, is "luckily, i know this land better than anyone else around here" i'd just remove the "around here" cause it's a bit wordy. So good!!

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

229 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on November 13, 2010
Last Updated on November 13, 2010


Author

Linzey
Linzey

NY



About
I'm 21 as of April 2015 and like to write to express my feelings. A lot of people like to say that my writing isn't the brightest of all stormy looking clouds... but it is my own. I like to read other.. more..

Writing
The Cage The Cage

A Poem by Linzey


The Piers The Piers

A Poem by Linzey