Chapter III

Chapter III

A Chapter by Linzey
"

She wanders...

"
Only now do I let my guard down. I hear no other person. I feel no other sound. Alone now in my own thoughts and remembering my own secrets. I can finally remember the pain that I felt every day at home. The screaming at one another. The feeling of always being alone in this cruel, dark, threatening world. I can finally remember the ray of light. Even though it was the smallest ray that could be seen it meant the world in my eyes. One person could always make the days feel better. He could always make me smile...

But all of that's gone now. The feelings too easily returned to me after what he had done to me. A secret that shall never be revealed, yet it will shape everything from now on. Please do not let me remember my future. I do not want to feel the hate, the regret, or the pain that will slowly encompass me. Let me think of the only one... or two who now keep me from wanting to end it all. The only ones that keep me running to this day through the wild that I now call home.

Let me find him... them. Let me gain what has been lost once more. The hope that all will be okay. The secrets that will keep my heart fluttering as it once did in my past. Although my heart now has scars that will never be erased, let me forget their meanings through his face, their faces.

I can hear the crunching from my own feet now. Sometimes I forget that I'm really here. I feel like a ghost that still haunts the earth because of the past I dare not remember. I know I will have to at some point, but now... I would rather remember myself as a ghost. Just floating along aimlessly trying to find the one thing that keeps me here... Which in the end I still am doing. But for now, I walk and occasionally run trying to find the one... or two that keep me here.


© 2010 Linzey


Author's Note

Linzey
This one might be a little confusing. I might have to cut some sections into other parts of the chapter or add on to them. Please remember that these are only rough rough drafts. P.s. these are in her mind... her name has not been revealed yet.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Hmm, yeah a bit confusing, but in a good way. i did have to read it twice though, but i guess that's good. really nice repetition in here and i love the juxtaposition, sort of, of this chapter versus the other chapter, how she's remembered and thinking the exact opposite of what she did. again, more mystery which is great. i seriously want to know who the "one...or two" are and why the pause? another good chapter. thinking on it, it seems like you write emotively on the girl's pov chapters and maybe you were writing formally on the other one on purpose which is a great, but it doesnt work in dialogue.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

224 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on November 13, 2010
Last Updated on November 13, 2010


Author

Linzey
Linzey

NY



About
I'm 21 as of April 2015 and like to write to express my feelings. A lot of people like to say that my writing isn't the brightest of all stormy looking clouds... but it is my own. I like to read other.. more..

Writing
The Cage The Cage

A Poem by Linzey


The Piers The Piers

A Poem by Linzey