Chapter V

Chapter V

A Chapter by Linzey
"

Obstacles arrive...

"
I could feel myself giving out. I wandered for nearly fifteen hours today... at least I think it was that long. I left because of the footsteps a little while before the sun rose in the east. Now it has set and the stars can be easily seen above me. Yet, even though I'm tired I don't think I should stop yet. I have this feeling that something's close. I can't shake it. I see the reason now... just behind me. I've been spotted. With adrenaline flowing all I know is run and hide.

" I heard something a few minutes ago. It was very quiet, but I'm not sure if it was an animal or something else."

"Sir we have been notified by the Birmingham police department that a sixteen year old girl has run away from her home three days ago. Do you believe that she might of been what you have heard?"

I held my breath at the thought of being taken in when I've barely even started my journey. I need to see him. I don't want to go home to the hate yet.

"Oh no, this was too quiet to be a person. I know of that. It was a small skittering noise, not the steps of a child."

I was able to quietly exhale when he stated his opinion. I knew that I had gained new strengths, but I didn't realize how helpful they would be at times like this. I hope he can get them off of my trail for a while and back onto some main roads. Even though I can become part of the forest like the animals of the night, I do not wish to hide all of the time. It will slow me down too much.

"Okay. Thank you for your concern sir. We will look in the morning at the problem you have explained. I just hope that we are able to help this poor worried family find their daughter if she has come down this far yet. This is an awfully long ways from her hometown."

" I agree sir. It's tough knowing that a family is grieving for the sudden lose of a daughter. Even if she is not pronounced dead yet, there's always a scare that she could be."

But, that's what I hope for. It's not like they're actually grieving when they're away from the camera or others eyes. They are probably celebrating because the brat that they always had in their house is finally gone. They never cared about me. Why would I believe that just because I left they would begin to care? Just say that I'm dead. That way I can get on with my new life far away from here.

" I hope it does not come to that. If they tell us to call off the search we will know it's either because they have exhausted their places to look or they have found her somewhere dead from this weather that's about to come. It's going to get mighty cold very soon."

I forgot about the winters here. I'm so used to the cold weather in my room that I don't think it will affect me. My parents never thought about turning the heat on they always had each other to keep themselves warm.

"Good luck with the search sir. I would like to hear what happens with the girl if you don't mind coming by and telling me."

" Will do. Goodnight sir."

"Goodnight officer."

Thank god they've finally stopped talking. Now I can finally move on. I don't need to sleep tonight. I'd rather not be found this close to home. I'll just run. Let my body take me as far as it can. I won't stop until I collapse. Until tomorrow... or however long that will take.


© 2010 Linzey


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Yeah, still got really formal dialogue going on. couple spelling mistakes "loss" not "lose". many questions, lots of mystery still: who is the he and why did he leave if he was so important to her.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

194 Views
1 Review
Added on November 14, 2010
Last Updated on November 15, 2010


Author

Linzey
Linzey

NY



About
I'm 21 as of April 2015 and like to write to express my feelings. A lot of people like to say that my writing isn't the brightest of all stormy looking clouds... but it is my own. I like to read other.. more..

Writing
The Cage The Cage

A Poem by Linzey


The Piers The Piers

A Poem by Linzey