Chapter IX

Chapter IX

A Chapter by Linzey
"

Happiness and realization...

"
Days seem to blur together now. I don't know if I've been running for 12 days or just 2. I haven't slept through it. I feel too alive to even think about sleeping. My legs keep running. They just keep going. No matter how hard I try to get them to stop they just won't. Maybe they finally realize that I'm getting closer to happiness. Yet, really I'm still so far away. I can't walk across water. All I have is a wallet and a bank account that's most likely been emptied by my parents. What makes it even worse is if it's up and they're still checking for recent transactions I could be quickly found. I don't know if I'll have enough money to get the ticket I need. All I know is that I have to try. If I don't try I won't find my happiness...

Finally, I'm in a big city where all I can do is blend in. I might want to shower or at least make myself presentable to people. If I go to get money looking like this they will know that's something's not quite right. But where can I go to do this? I don't know anyone here. No one's nice enough to take a stranger in like me, especially when I'm so young. Should I take the risk of going up to random strangers asking for a shower and to wash my clothes? I guess all I can think of is to try. If I don't I know I won't find my happiness. I just want something that will truly make me happy.
 
As I walk along these streets with people moving like the sea, I notice a homeless shelter. Maybe they'll have a shower that I can use and a washing machine to make me look presentable. As I walk in, it seems to be so hectic. It's like no one knows what to do or where to go. Many look worse than I do and seems to be even crazier than me... which is a tough thing to do. They stand, sit, walk, run, cry, yell, everything you can imagine is going on here. Now where can I find someone that can give me some answers...


© 2010 Linzey


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

"That's something's" to "that something's" .
So now it seems she's going to some other country to find the "one...or two" thinking about it now i'm thinking,maybe she's adopted which would explain a lot, interesting.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

215 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on November 23, 2010
Last Updated on November 23, 2010


Author

Linzey
Linzey

NY



About
I'm 21 as of April 2015 and like to write to express my feelings. A lot of people like to say that my writing isn't the brightest of all stormy looking clouds... but it is my own. I like to read other.. more..

Writing
The Cage The Cage

A Poem by Linzey


The Piers The Piers

A Poem by Linzey