The Arch Angel

The Arch Angel

A Poem by SquinklaPsyOps
"

The Arch Angel

"


She is crying again
The girl sits through the night
Tears stream down her beautiful puffy face

How much can she take?

She might grasp grip
She looks at her face in the mirror and
Sees an ugly with no body
A spirit who might try to posses her

She is pushed near the edge
And starts screaming for help

And prays to Arch Angel

"Where once I saw a cliff
Descending down I wanted
Single I was
With no one helping
The rising hand from below
Is offering to start pulling
HELP ME BEFORE I JUMP"

© 2015 SquinklaPsyOps


Author's Note

SquinklaPsyOps
In life words are important when persons commit suicide they go to hell because it was the demons voices that convinced them to join them.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I suffer from manic depression and battle horrible thoughts daily. I once had a deacon tell me that did I think God was so unloving and unforgiving that should a person take their life they go to hell. That caught me by surprise. I recall asking that it did state somewhere in the Bible that it is against God's will to harm and take one's life isn't it? He replied not by scripture but by rational and logic in that he would like to think that if the person is so out of their mind that they are not aware of their act then God would forgive the person of taking their life. I am not trying to argue the right or wrong of suicide. I am just throwing out a unique position that a Christian presented to me some years back. I tend to or try to write in a way that provokes or invokes thought so hopefully this post will do the same and not just bring to surface religious fanatical banter about how wrong I am.

Posted 7 Years Ago


SquinklaPsyOps

7 Years Ago

Hi, Thank you for your interpretation, and you are right sometimes lost evil spirits try to sneak in.. read more
Really liked the poem, the feeling of constantly losing can be deflating to the point death is an escape. Especially liked the part about a hand rising from below, great work.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Beautiful as always. Glad to see you back.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Quiet desperation, it's a vivid portrayal. I just read the book, The Great Divorce, by CS Lewis, and your poem reminded me of some of the imagery in that book. You may want to check out that work for ideas. In the book, it describes people who choose to live in hell even when given a choice. Often it seems, we create our own hell around us while we are alive and not even realize it. I think you kind of capture that notion here as well. Enjoyed your poem.

Posted 8 Years Ago


The pain and desperation of a soul drowning in anguish are well portrayed here, along with the Siren's song of death. There are a lot of dark voices that whisper dark things to troubled people which is why everyone should take anyone's mention of suicide as VERY serious. I believe that for every demonic voice that whispers to a depressed person, there is the voice of Christ, speaking through various (and often unconventional) formats, pleading with them to just hang on. Tragically, humans have the free will to decide upon which set of voices to listen to.

Posted 8 Years Ago


This is a good snap shot into a broken soul.

Posted 8 Years Ago


SquinklaPsyOps

8 Years Ago

Hmm Dear writer, there is a big possibility that you are right, but how about where she recognizes w.. read more
The poem is amazing in its potrayal of a soul in distress crying out for help and rescue. Thanks for the insight into the chaotic and desperate psyche of those so possessed and unfortunate enough to commit self-annihilation. Do they even understand the damning implications. ...I wonder.

Posted 8 Years Ago


SquinklaPsyOps

8 Years Ago

Hi dear writer

I've seen your work and is definitely better that mine so your comment.. read more
DIVYA

8 Years Ago

Anika...Thank you for such a heart felt compliment. But we all are people striving to write somethi.. read more
The ultimate act of trying to escape a desperate and forlorn situation ... the urgent plea to an entity unseen as our sorrowful calls fall on deaf ears.

A very accurate and honest description of what it feels like and the situation that so many find themselves in.

So many times have I wondered just how much I could take before I would break. So many times my resolve had cracked and given in to the easier alternatives, yet so many times has the Arch angel reached out it's hand and caught me as I fell. For some reason the angels refuse to let go of me.

My desperation may not be due to the way I see the world or the way I see myself, but I can non the less sympathize with those caught in a downward spiral, surrounded by deafened ears and uncaring hearts.

May your words open the eyes of others to the unseen plight of those around them.

Posted 8 Years Ago


SquinklaPsyOps

8 Years Ago

Thank you dear writer for your incredible poetic and valuable interpretation.

I remem.. read more
Carbon Muse

8 Years Ago

So very true, whatever the reason, it is most certainly dark hands at work when it comes to the mind.. read more
SquinklaPsyOps

8 Years Ago

Thank you dear writer, I like this

"cruel kind of tantrum"

it makes se.. read more
I love the imagery in this write... great word choices. Very good work my friend :)

Posted 8 Years Ago


SquinklaPsyOps

8 Years Ago

Thank you dear Aaron for your valuable interpretation, and am looking forward to reading more of you.. read more

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

957 Views
18 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 27, 2015
Last Updated on November 27, 2015
Tags: The Arch Angel

Author

SquinklaPsyOps
SquinklaPsyOps

About
Religious writer Compare me to an Arch Angel more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Hope Hope

A Poem by Lisasview