Chapter 2- Emma

Chapter 2- Emma

A Chapter by J_Rivera99

Emma greeted her father as he came through the door and into the flat. He was a middle-aged man, in-shape, with a thin veil of salt-and-pepper hair.


“Hi, daddy! How was work?” Emma asked, seemingly innocent.


“Great, except the fact I was almost blown up by one of those Molotov cocktails! I remember when I threw those in the Riots, but I was young and stupid. Now that I’ve matured and learned to be civilized and behave, I can see the error of my old ways”. Emma’s dad was one of the blackest Blackhearts in the area, even working for some guy in Parliament.  Quite unconventional, as his daughter, unbeknownst to him, was the leader of the Green-backs in the area. She was quite jealous that her father, of all people, got to participate in the early-century London riots.


“You’re stupid and uncivilized now” she whispered under her breath.


“What’s that, honey?” said her father, as he was reading the newspaper.


“Nothing” Emma responded.


“Emma dear, look at this! It seems Robby from next door was one of those horrible Green-backs. It says he harassed some poor, poor Blackheart who was trying to buy some BP stock.”


“Yes, father” answered Emma, in a tired voice. In reality, Robby had accidently bumped into a man buying BP stock, but the Daily Black had to exaggerate, didn’t it? Emma longingly stared at the sunset. Wouldn’t it be amazing if she could keep seeing that when she was old and gray? She headed to her room without another word. There she turned on her computer and sent an email to all the Green-backs in London and the surrounding areas, cautioning them to be more careful, in code words of course. The message, published on every major news outlet after the revolution, ran something like this:

                        

English Club:

Today we’re meeting at the London Eye, to discuss some important issues!                       Please be on time, as it is urgent all of you are there! But be careful, as this is our super-secret special meeting! NO ONE other than you can know of this meeting. Please delete this message once you have read it.

       Luv Emma ♥J♥[sic]


Obviously, “English Club” was really the code word for the Youth London Chapter of the Green-backs. So, in the dark of that very night, Emma set off to the London Eye to meet up with her Greenmates, as she called them. It was a beautiful night; cloudless, but starless unfortunately. Pollution’s fault, thought Emma, disgusted.


“Hullo, everyone! Ready for Club?” she asked in a hushed but peppy tone, accompanied by a mischievous smile.


“Shut yer trap, Emma, before the coppers find us out!” said a masculine voice from the back. It belonged to Dakota, a Scottish guy who was almost thirty. He had ginger hair, and was a bit on the chubby side.


“I’m surprised, Dakota. I thought they’d be more scared of you than you of them, you being a ginger and all” replied Emma. A restrained chuckle washed over the group, but it quickly died down as Dakota gave a look that could curdle milk.


“Ok, people, calm down” Emma started, “Let’s get to serious matters. Rob, our vice-president, was arrested, as you probably know”.


“I didn’t know” squeaked a little voice from behind.


“You never know anything, Leslie” someone else said.


“Quiet!” Dakota barked. Even though he and Emma didn’t seem to get along well, they were friends since childhood, always having each other’s back.


“This means that they could torture him to pry information from him”, Emma continued, “and, as you know, the Secretary of Defense is a Blackheart. He’ll, at least, order to question him, but at worst, he’ll sentence him to death for ‘treachery against the nation’ and make up some weird charges. We better get moving. Recon told me they had incarcerated him in a room under Buckingham Palace. We must rescue him, as most Blackies would love to hear him squeal out information.”


“He’ll be squealin’ out for mercy, which they’ll relish like a cold Sunday mornin’” added Dakota. Emma nodded. 


“And how do you plan to do rescue Robert?” inquired Leslie. 


“Simple,” said Emma, “we break into Buckingham Palace”. 



© 2014 J_Rivera99


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Oooh this story is getting good. I like that they decided to rescue him, too often in stories they leave one of their own behind. Keep writing!

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

236 Views
1 Review
Added on September 1, 2013
Last Updated on February 17, 2014


Author

J_Rivera99
J_Rivera99

Bayamón, Puerto Rico, Puerto Rico



About
I'm 14 years old, from Bayamón, Puerto Rico. I love read and if I write, it turns out decent. That's all for now. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by J_Rivera99