Chapter 3- Emma

Chapter 3- Emma

A Chapter by J_Rivera99

     “What do you mean you’re going to rescue Rob?!” screamed Epifanio over the video chat, “Don’t you know he’s being held in Buckingham Palace?!”


“I did, and please don’t worry, Epi,” Emma calmly said, “I’m gonna be fine, he’s gonna be fine, and we’re all gonna be fine. And how did you know that about Rob?”


Epifanio smirked. “Planted some stuff in one of our emails. I can remotely control your computer. That’s one of the advantages of being an A-grade hacker. Besides, I was suspecting you were going to appear in the news sooner or later because of one of your crazy stunts”.


“Really? I’m flattered to hear you say that.” Emma replied. It was now nearing noon, and Emma had coordinated most of the details pertaining the attack. It was to be pulled off that very night, as there was going to be a new moon and a cloudy night.


“But jokes aside, this thing is happening tonight. I’ve talked this over with Dakota over and over; we’ll break in, rescue Rob, and exit soundly.” Emma said.


“Well, Emma, just be careful. I might need to rescue all of you out of there” replied Epi jokingly.


“If anything, Epi, I’ll call you if I get arrested, and this’ll be our code message: ‘Don’t worry, mum, I’ll be fine, just come and visit me tomorrow’. I’ll also be wearing a chip” she pointed to a cheap plastic bracelet, “so you can track me. Understood?” Emma said. Epi preformed a military salute and exited the chat. Emma sighed. This mission posed an enormous risk, and she’d be relying too heavily on the weather, which she knew was fickle. Taking a deep breath, she 

prepared her gear for the rescue. 



            The few people who volunteered arrived at the designated meeting point, a block away from Buckingham Palace. There was Emma, Dakota, Leslie and some of the eager, younger boys of the Greenmates. Each one was wearing full-body black Spandex suits and carried small EMPs, tranquilizer dart guns and flashlights. Emma looked spectacular in her attire, dazzling if you will. Dakota, not so much. However, not a chuckle came out of the group, not even of the younger boys, as they feared Dakota the Ginger. Eventually, they made their way through the darkness to the Palace. At the gate, one of the younger boys, Henry, shot a few darts into the necks of the guards. They crumpled to the floor, and the other boy, Henry’s twin brother Mason, successfully picked the lock.


“Now the real fun starts” whispered Emma.  They made their way through the great halls and stairways of Buckingham, until at last they halted in front of a small wall.


“The room has got to be around here” whispered Emma, feeling the wall.


“Are you sure?” Leslie squealed.


“Aye, wee lassie. Emma here knows her stuff, and she won’t purposely lead us into danger” answered Dakota. Eventually, Emma pushed aside what seemed to be a small table.


“Got it!” she said. A mechanical whir was heard, and a portion of the wall slowly rose up. It revealed a dark, damp corridor that reeked of dust and bugs.


“Quickly, I don’t know how much time we’ve got” Emma said in a hushed tone. They then headed into the dark tunnel, hoping to find their friend.


“Damper are the moors back home. This tunnel probably hasn’t been cleaned since the Riots!” complained Mason.


Suddenly, they heard footsteps.


“Hurry up, you green scum! We ain’t done with you yet” said the voice of a man. His accent was obviously American.


“That is a Texan accent, I believe. Texans are these Americans who love big things; big steaks, big trucks, and so on” said Emma.


“How do you know this? Oh wait, don’t tell me; your boyfriend from that tiny island that’s been the only colony in the world for over 100 years!” said Mason, high-fiving Henry. They chuckled as soft as they could.


“Shut the hell up”, commanded Emma, “or say hello to a black eye”. The boys shut up, and they kept trudging through the dark corridor. They came upon a fork in the tunnel, and they heard screams coming through both paths.


“We’ll have to split up” said Emma, “I’ll take Mason and Leslie,” she glared at Mason, “and you take Henry, Dakota”.


“What path should we take?” asked Dakota.


“I’ll take the right one since that voice sounds more like Rob. We’ll meet up here, or at worst at the death row!” answered Emma.


“Ready your guns, lads! This’ll be a night to remember!” Dakota said. The two groups stealthily walked down the corridors. Emma eventually came to hear a loud smack, followed by a familiar moan.


“Tell us who your leader is!” screamed the Texan. Emma gulped, and grabbed her pistol; a trusty Glock that belonged to her mother.


“Never!” the familiar voice said. They kept advancing in the darkness.


“Tell us! Or would you prefer the alternative?” said another.


“Take out your guns. The real ones” ordered Emma without turning back. Fear formed a knot in her throat, and her heart was thumping away. They cocked their guns, and they saw a shadow of a tall, burly man.


“We’re going to have to use our wits for this one” said Mason. He pointed the gun towards the shadow and shot. It rang through the tunnel.


“Quick, boss! Run away!” said the Texan. He then rushed into a tunnel, flanked by two guards.


“Well, lookee here! A couple of rats!” he bellowed.


“Get ‘em boys!” the Texan shouted.


No one remembered what happened  later that night.



© 2014 J_Rivera99


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Ok, still good, but I was just wondering. If this is futuristic and all, how is no one like tapping into their conversations and reading their emails? Just a question. Sorry for writing so many reviews, you're probably tired of hearing from me by now. :)

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

243 Views
1 Review
Added on September 1, 2013
Last Updated on February 17, 2014


Author

J_Rivera99
J_Rivera99

Bayamón, Puerto Rico, Puerto Rico



About
I'm 14 years old, from Bayamón, Puerto Rico. I love read and if I write, it turns out decent. That's all for now. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by J_Rivera99