Chapter 5- Epifanio

Chapter 5- Epifanio

A Chapter by J_Rivera99

     Epifanio cringed. Isn’t this the Dakota that Emma always talked about? The same one that was her right-hand man in the Youth Greenbacks?

“What’s wrong?” asked Noel. “Nothing” replied Epifanio, straightening his jacket.


“Let’s get to the exit, boys” said Tom. Dakota was badly hurt with several bumps and bruises. However, he had a neat row of about five or six marks on his arm. That wasn’t the type of injury you’d get if you were trapped under a couple feet of concrete, it was more like fingernails digging into flesh.  The policeman led the group outside the airport, where a makeshift triage had been set up.


“You should get some medical attention, Dakota. You two” Tom said, pointing at Noel and Epi, “be nice”.


With that, Officer Tom Brandy of the London Police left them.


“Dakota, do you perchance now an Emma Parker?” asked Epifanio.


“Yes, why?” he answered in a raspy voice between gulps of air.


“I’m Epifanio, and she told me she needed rescuing”. Dakota’s face turned pale, as if he’d seen a ghost.


“I-I’ll tell ya later. I’m not feeling well now”. They approached an ambulance, where the trio was given oxygen via oxy-masks, and Dakota was attended. Noel shot a murderous look at Epifanio. How had he not introduced him?


“Excuse me, I don’t want to be rude, but I’m Noel. Pleasure to meet you” said Noel.


“I assume you already know my name. Nice to meet you, Noel” wheezed Dakota through his oxymask.


Once Dakota was patched up, the trio went to his house. It was a nice flat, located near the London Eye, although messy. Clothes and magazines were strewn along the floor.


“Sorry for the mess. I’ll make you some coffees. Meanwhile, make yourselves comfortable”. As the boys sat down at the table, they observed the London skyline. A thin tendril of smoke rose in the distance.


“Ever since that day, more and more incidents like this keep happening…” said Dakota, shaking his head.


“Since Emma was kidnapped?” asked Epifanio. Dakota nodded.


“How do you like your coffee, lads?” he asked.


“Milk and sugar. Thanks in advance” said Epifanio.


“Give me some French Vanilla” requested Noel.


“Is Good Sipppin’ fine with you?” asked Dakota, who was answered with a nod. As Dakota took out the bottle of flavored cream, the two at the table were pondering their options.


“Emma’s somewhere in London town and she could be on the brink of death. Meanwhile, we’re sitting in a flat overlooking the joyous populace, enjoying the day while drinking a cup of coffee.  What the hell are we going to do?” Epifanio asked.


“Well, that's sorta obvious, but, the question is, how are we going to find her?" replied Noel. Dakota arrived with two small orange mugs on saucers.


“I’ll tell ya what we’re gonna do, we’re gonna march right back into Buckingham Palace and march right back out with Emma and the rest” Dakota said decidedly.


“Who is the ‘rest’?” asked Epifanio between sips. Dakota’s face paled once more, and he sat down with them.


“There were five of us on that mission. There was Emma, a girl named Leslie, two brothers named Henry and Mason, and me. When we arrived at the tunnel where Rob was supposedly being held, I never found out, we split up. I took Henry and Emma took the rest. It wasn’t a long time before Henry and I heard gunshots and screams. Henry insisted on going back for the others, but I knew it was a lost cause. Whoever was over there probably took them hostage, or worse, killed them. Henry was decided on not leaving the others. We bickered for a while, and the pair of us split up. In my cowardice, I left them. I left the only people that can make sense of this absolutely confusing maelstrom of lies and corruption, possibly dead.” Dakota said, restraining his tears. Giving him a few pats on the back, Epi comforted him.


“Don’t worry. We’re going to get them back. Somehow, someway, we will rescue all of them” he said in an inspirational tone. 


Dakota took out a handkerchief which he used to wipe his eyes and nose. “We’ll do that, but not right now,” he said, “Doctor Who’s on.”



© 2014 J_Rivera99


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

153 Views
Added on September 14, 2013
Last Updated on February 17, 2014


Author

J_Rivera99
J_Rivera99

Bayamón, Puerto Rico, Puerto Rico



About
I'm 14 years old, from Bayamón, Puerto Rico. I love read and if I write, it turns out decent. That's all for now. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by J_Rivera99