A message from Cambria

A message from Cambria

A Story by Amanda Marie
"

Cambria, a girl who dreams of child like virtues and innocence and lives in the nightmares that have ripped her soul apart. A message, to the next generation.

"
A message from Cambria, also known as the main character in my book.






To whom it may concern:

I've never wanted you to approve of me.
I never wanted your kids to look up to me,
Or next to me, for that matter.
I never wanted to be a role model.

In between all my "f**k yous" and "Go to hell's" I'm a lady of peace,
Whom finds solace in her privacy.
I'm a creature of war, and a child of pain...
Take a step away from me.

Stare. Allow your eyes to explore me, take me in and burn me into your memory.
I have no shame for what I do,
I take comfort in my small blessings, and creativity.
I hide nothing, and spew no less than the truth, and I'll boast.
I'll boast of my efforts and the blood, sweat and tears, that my hands created, because through
everything that I suffer I learn more self worth.

I don't seek your approval, I have my own.
I'll taint your children with white trash dreams, and ways to scheme.
How to fight, never back down and keep bashing their childhood away.
Expand their mind, into deeper places that even you, the naive parent have never come across.

Their innocence will become precious to them, but it will fade quickly and haunt them day and night.
They will dream nightmarish visions, converse with angels, fight anyone belittling and love everything humble.

My heart cries out for them, I know the torture of growing up, how life is so fresh and then so toxic in your next breath.
The child of dull, black and white surroundings, and the soul of an elder.
My hearts cries out for your dreams, and your wants, and your colors and your stars.
Because as I've learned, as I've seen, dreams are just thoughts of wants and needs. Nightmares are of your truth or dare.

My only advice for your trophies of lust? See color and smell sweet. Seek heaven and stomp all that is hell. Speak of the truth and learn from your wrongs. Take all you are told with optimism, and bite.
Free yourself from prototype, be bold and confident in every difference that makes you, unique. Emphasize your assets and throw away your flaws. Make them fight for you the way you've struggled through this world, and them make them hold you and never let go. Force them to look in your eye, break them if you must. But never, ever, step away from the colors. The colors hold you.

I'm going now, I have no more to say. Leave me be, keep your children away. I bite, I curse, I'm power, you'll bleed.

Sincerely Yours,
Cambria

© 2010 Amanda Marie


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

146 Views
Added on August 7, 2010
Last Updated on August 7, 2010

Author

Amanda Marie
Amanda Marie

About
I'm from Jersey, and currently working on my first novel. I have a lifetime of poetry and stories and I only wish to inspire and be inspired. Everything I do is for my art, anything I see stays in my .. more..

Writing
C&C C&C

A Story by Amanda Marie