The wild woman

The wild woman

A Poem by Stacey Appleby
"

The wild in me.

"

She runs free through the trees flowing with the winds chilling breeze.

Her paws leave prints as she dances amongst the autumns auburn leaves.

She quenches her thirst with the aquamarine trickles of the fresh bursting streams.

She gazes in awe at the colorful world; the intense yellows of the sun and the shadowy greys that have a slight haze.



Her wild eyes glisten as they absorb the bright shimmering light that seeps from the stars in the dark of night.

 No man can tame her wild ways; it runs too deep within her veins

She stands tall, she stands proud, she’s ready to release her enchanting sound.

Her lips touch and kiss the dark indigo sky as her howl sings a wild tune to the glowing moon.

Her howl cradles the wilderness and whispers a sacred secret; I would kill and even die for a love a pure as the midnight sky.

 

 

© 2017 Stacey Appleby


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

It reads quite mythological to me. The imagery is spectacular - indigo sky - is beautiful as is the thought of such a free spirit romping through her domain thrilling the world around her with her wild ways and deep connection to the Earth.
Yes, quite mythological indeed...
Well done Stacey!

Posted 7 Years Ago


Stacey Appleby

7 Years Ago

Thank you very much Tony it reminds me of myself a little, wild in every way haha.
Tony Jordan

7 Years Ago

Ah, sure it takes all sorts to make a world Stacey.
Stacey Appleby

7 Years Ago

It does indeed experiences and people are what intrigue, enlighten and brighten my world.
This is beautiful. Very descriptive. Reminds me a little bit of Tolkien describes things... I love the concept and imagining how it feels to put myself in the woman's shoes.. Great job!

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Stacey Appleby

7 Years Ago

Thank you so much Nichole. ;)
A beautifully written poem about what I think is a feral woman running free of societal mores and civilized culture.

I love the descriptiveness of the imagery.
Good job, Stacey!

Posted 7 Years Ago


Lovecraft

7 Years Ago

And a Wild Horse, roaming free of man.
Stacey Appleby

7 Years Ago

Forever running wild through the lush fields of green.
Lovecraft

7 Years Ago

That sounds right...

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Compartment 114
Compartment 114

Stats

149 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 21, 2017
Last Updated on January 21, 2017

Author

Stacey Appleby
Stacey Appleby

United Kingdom



About
Hi guys i'm 28 and i'm a student nurse. I love to write. Writing helps me to make sense of my mind and the world around me. more..

Writing
Tease Tease

A Poem by Stacey Appleby



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


CAGED CAGED

A Poem by alanwgraham