What to do if you need convincing

What to do if you need convincing

A Poem by Quinn
"

This is sort of a self-help poem. Many of my friends and family have suffered and do suffer from depression and anxiety. My aim has always been to help. This is just a collection of what you can do.

"
Is this your last slice of relief? Have you had enough? Is this all you feel you have now? 
You don’t have to be alone. No one is alone. Not one single person. Sit on your own. Listen to music. Draw. Paint. Close your eyes and think. 
Go outside. Run in the fields. Pick a daisy. Twirl it in your fingers. 
Got to the beach. Let down your hair. Let your feet sink into the sand. Taste the salt on your lips. The wind in your hair. 
Go to your friends. Let them put your eyeliner on. (they’ll probably do it better anyway) Let them massage your shoulders. Do the same for them. Thank them. Hug them. 
Go home. Smile. Cook yourself a meal. If you have a pet. Pet them. If not grab a pillow. Clasp it tight. Stand in your room. Dance. Sing. Remember your free. Have some water. Some tea. Some beer. Feel it on your lips. Down your throat. 
Look in the mirror. Poke at the bits you don’t like. But call them silly names. Make yourself laugh. You are beautiful. 
Write down all the places you want to go. Things you want to see. Stuff you want to do. Write it in markers. Paint. Cut them from magazines. Make it long. Full. Varied. Put down the silly things. Put down the expensive things. Put down the colour you want your hair. The style you want to try. A band you want to see. A person you want to meet. On the back write this. “Just because this list is done. Doesn’t mean there can’t be another” At the bottom of the front put a message. “When done turn me round” Put little tick boxes next to each thing. Attach a pen to some string. Stick them on your wall. Or your door. Or your fridge. 
Put your hands on your hips. Look at it. Take it all in. That’s the only thing you’ve got to do. Don’t get rid of any. Just tick them off once you’ve done it. And each time smile. Once it’s all ticked off. Turn it round. Read your note. Make another list. Keep the first one. Keep it safe. 
And when you need some convincing just get them out and read them. Look at all the things you’ve done. All the things you’ve seen. Humans have a lust for knowledge. Spark yourself to do more. You can and you will. Here you are now. Smile. Laugh. Giggle. Cry. It doesn’t matter. They are just emotions, keep them going. 

© 2014 Quinn


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This was really inspirational and really has a sound message behind it, something to remind us of letting go and looking for the tiny bits that makes us happy. would gladly read this again and again

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Quinn

9 Years Ago

Thank you. I'm glad you liked it.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

172 Views
1 Review
Added on May 25, 2014
Last Updated on May 25, 2014
Tags: self-help, help, depression, anxiety

Author

Quinn
Quinn

Glasgow, United Kingdom



About
Sad AF. Dysfunctional AF. Queer AF. He/Him. Trans-guy. Bisexual. I am a first year university student in Glasgow who has been writing poetry since 2014 to varying levels of success. I also perf.. more..

Writing
New Years New Years

A Story by Quinn