How I overcame The Bully at Home.

How I overcame The Bully at Home.

A Story by Starrie09
"

I describe what bullying did to me as a child.

"
   Most kids get picked on by the bullies at school. I didnt, my bully was at home. My older brother. Growing up with him was hard and it had a big effect on me. It was bad enough he had anger problems, he was a troubled kid, and he took it out on me. I didnt desreve it. Nothing was good enough in his eyes. He always made fun of me, calling me things like fat, dumb,stupid or alien, which i wasnt. So slowly, I started to believe it. Its funny how you could believe lies. I didnt think I was worth it, so I went into some sort of depression. I was sad all the time and at school I kept to myself. Other kids called me quiet or shy, I tried to ignore them. I was scared of everything, It made me paranoid, I wouldnt even look in the mirror.
   
    By the time I was in middle school I had got reallt fed up with him. We were fighting worse than before and i was struggling with my self worth. I kept alot of things to myself. But i remember going to chruch and the pastor was talking about how much God loved me. I figured out why I had to go through the bullying, It was to make me stronger. I remember sitting in my eight grade class thinking about it one day. I had finally made it up in my mind that i wasnt going to punish myself any longer. Just like that. But I knew that it was a slow process. Eventuallly I became strong and knew I was worth something. I thank God for that. It was through his grace that i got through it. So everytime, my brother wanted to say something rude to me, I'd ignore it. It wasnt even worth my time.
   

© 2013 Starrie09


Author's Note

Starrie09
hope there isnt any speeling errors lol

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

It was very good..I was a victim of one bully..a girl..she turned me in to a really bad person..I used to cry every day for 3 years..my father had to go to school to tell her to stop hurting me(mentally) or he would have called her parents and the police..she stopped but I never was the same after those 3 years..Now, I have very few friends and I keep people at a certain distance..I don't trust anybody and I've been very insecure for years..I think that for certain things, I still am. But I've always had my personal bully close to my family and only God helped through all these years..thank you for posting this..

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Starrie09

10 Years Ago

No kid should have to go through bullying. At school or at home. But i will tell any kid thats being.. read more



Reviews

An initially sad story that after all had a happy outcome. Bullying is sadly very common, but in the end, it's up to you how you deal with it. There's a saying that a human being is like a ship floating in an ocean of negative energy. As long as the ship's whole and intact, it keeps its buoyancy and keeps the negative energy outside. But, if the ship gets a hole, the negative energy will sink it in a heartbeat. If you allow the negative people in the world get to you, you'll sink to the bottom of the ocean. Great for standing up against the bully/brother by simply ignoring him.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Starrie09

10 Years Ago

Thank you. I'm glad you enjoyed it.
It was very good..I was a victim of one bully..a girl..she turned me in to a really bad person..I used to cry every day for 3 years..my father had to go to school to tell her to stop hurting me(mentally) or he would have called her parents and the police..she stopped but I never was the same after those 3 years..Now, I have very few friends and I keep people at a certain distance..I don't trust anybody and I've been very insecure for years..I think that for certain things, I still am. But I've always had my personal bully close to my family and only God helped through all these years..thank you for posting this..

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Starrie09

10 Years Ago

No kid should have to go through bullying. At school or at home. But i will tell any kid thats being.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

273 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 28, 2013
Last Updated on August 22, 2013
Tags: bully, hate, self-esteem, your worth

Author

Starrie09
Starrie09

FL



About
22 year old with an creative imagination. writer/artist more..

Writing
Distance Distance

A Poem by Starrie09