Mako Island

Mako Island

A Story by StayStrong123456789
"

My dream!! &&& what does it mean????

"

“Bailey, please come to the moon pool with me tonight. It’s a full moon, you know what that means.” I begged Bailey; I knew my way to the moon pool from watching H2O so much, I knew Bailey had always wanted to become a mermaid, just like I always want to.

                “Rae, I want to stay with mom and dad and Andy because Mako Island is so big and I’m scared. I am staying with them, as so should you.” I hated that Bailey was right, I should stay with her, but I didn’t want to, I wanted to be a mermaid, free in the waves in the ocean.

                “Fine, stay with them, I am going…” I turned to leave, leaving my family behind, leaving because I knew the exact way to the moon pool and I was going to make before the full moon went over, which would be in 1 hour. I was going to make it, “KyleRae GET BACK HERE!!!” I heard Crystal yell, but I didn’t belong with them anymore. I just couldn’t.

                “I’M SO SORRY CHRIS, BUT I’M LEAVING…” Then I ran into the woods, I knew exactly where I was going, I knew it like the back of my hand. I was going to make it, and finally be free.

                As I walked into the woods, I wasn’t as scared of snakes or spiders or the fact that I could, but very slim, get lost. I didn’t care, I was free. I walked and walked; remember the trees that Emma, Rikki, and Cleo always pasted. I remember the mountain that you had to get to, to get to the unground entrance to the moon pool. I saw the water fall and was happy, I made it to the mountain where the entrance was. I walked up to see the most beautiful water fall ever, then I saw where they walked. I looked at my watch; I had 10 minutes to get to the moon pool.     

                I was ready to jump to the other side of the mountain, when I fell down a hole; just like Cleo did. “Ahhhhhhhhhhhh,” then I hit the ground. I was here, so close to the moon pool, so close to becoming a mermaid. I just knew it.

                I walked up to the entrance and walked through. It was so beautiful. The moon pool was exactly the most beautiful thing I had ever had seen. I was wonderstruck. I was amazed; I had never seen anything so amazing. Then I felt it, I felt the peace in my body. I finally felt at home. This is where I belonged, I knew that now. I belonged here. At Crystals and Tonys, it felt like home, but not like this did. This was home. It was so pretty, I felt happy, truly and completely and utterly happy. This was the kind of happy that only some people feel in their lives.

                I looked down at my watch, I had 2 minutes until the moon pool would start bubbling and the sparkles would go up to the moon and I’d be a mermaid. I looked around and found sea shells and I was shocked to find a necklace on the ground, it was my necklace. My locket that was supposed to be on the beach in my bag, but it was here. It was brought by magic. I had to believe in that. I opened it up and stared at the picture of Vic and me, I looked happy, but was I?

                I had a minute; I finished looking around and said, “This is my home now, it’s where I’m happy. I belong here.” I took a deep breath and I looked up. The full moon was coming over; the moon pool stared bubbling, so I jumped into the moon pool.

                I looked around at all the bubbles and then it happened, all the sparkles started to go up into the moon. I was happy; the full moon was all the way over. It was almost complete; I was so close to becoming a mermaid and being free to the ocean. I would be able to swim with the dolphins. I was just staring at the moon, it was so pretty.

                Then it was over, just like that. But I was happy, utterly happy. I swam to the edge of the moon pool and got out. I would wait 2 hours and jump back in, becoming a mermaid. I was so soaked; everything stuck to me, my clothes and hair. I was happy though. I took a step back and it was the biggest mistake of my life, if you would call it a mistake.

                I tripped on a sea shell and fell backwards into the water. I wasn’t ready for the water, so it hit my lungs so hard, it was like I was drinking the water, but I wasn’t. I freaked and started moving around, then I hit my head and everything went black.

                I saw myself from above and I looked happy and joyful dying. I was happy to leave this world, because a part of me would always be in the ocean, a mermaid. I wasn’t scared to die, even though I should be, death has always scared me.

                Then I heard Bailey, “She has to be in here, I know she wants to be a mermaid.” They came to get me, how sweet? But they were too late. I looked at my watch; I have been dead for 4 hours. There was no bringing me back. I was at the bottom of the moon pool, with a tail. I was dead, utterly dead.

                “Bailey, I thought you said she was in here,” at first I didn’t realize who the voice belonged to, then it hit me; it was Phillip, which was weird because I don’t remember him being here. “I thought she’d be here, maybe she got lost.” Bailey just shrugged her shoulders, she didn’t care.

                “I’ll jump in and see if she’s down there because if she is a mermaid, she could stay down there, maybe she heard us.” So Phillip jumped in, I screamed, “NOOOOOO.” But they couldn’t hear me. I saw him swim down and then he saw me. I was dead and he saw me. He found me. But he surprised me; he swam all the way down and grabbed me. I must have been so heavy with a tail but he wasn’t leaving me down there. 

                He saw up and up with me in his arms. He came to the top and said, “Help me. She drowned…” Crystal came over and grabbed me; they put me on the ground and just stared at me. “She’s dead. Let’s just leave her. There no point in taking her back likes this. She is a freaking mermaid. Let’s go.” Tony said. I didn’t realize that I was crying until tears dropped from my cheeks.

                “Crystal, you can’t just leave, she’s your daughter. Don’t you care, don’t you love her?” Crystal looked at me and said, “How could I look that? Even before she was a mermaid, she hurt me, so yes, I am going to leave her here. Throw her back in, she can’t just stay there.” Then she walked away without even saying goodbye to me.

                My family didn’t care, that I was finally happy and sad at the same time. He did though; he stayed with me. After 8 hours, he looked at me and said, “I’ll miss you.” Then he put me back in; slowly and nicely. He was letting me go, just like I would have let him go. I wanted to say, “I will miss you too.” But wouldn’t have heard me anyway, I smiled and said it anyways. Then he walked out and I was crying. I looked down at my body at the bottom of the moon pool and said, “You belong here, you belong at home.” I allowed death to happen to me. It was my fault, I shouldn’t have freaked. Then I woke up, crying…

 

 

© 2013 StayStrong123456789


Author's Note

StayStrong123456789
Please help me find out what this means??

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

191 Views
Added on April 16, 2013
Last Updated on April 16, 2013
Tags: dream, death, happiness, love, loss, lost, dying, water, ocean, island, mako, mermaids, sadness, in love, missing someone

Author

StayStrong123456789
StayStrong123456789

Wall, SD



About
I am going through a ruff patch right now! more..

Writing