Thirty Years

Thirty Years

A Poem by Stefano Ianiro

This moment has passed, and you’ve passed on.

A direction so confusing, any compass is wrong.

Still close enough to touch, but too high out of reach.

I rest in a cold bed, with your silhouette next to me.


My heart speeds up, as your scent lingers on.

In a blink of an eye, your picture is gone.

Replaced with the memories, of when we were kids.

When I promised you forever, forever we will live.


It’s been thirty years, since I last held your hand.

I’ll be with you soon, at least that’s the plan.

My time draws near, as I know I am gone.

I’ve missed you darling, now I’m coming home.

© 2011 Stefano Ianiro


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Sad and hopeful in the same breath. A superb expression of longing and devotion. A reunion awaits and depending on our views on the afterlife, one that is held with enormous anticipation. Thank you for sharing your poem that is filled with the private emotion of grief, acceptance, and letting go. You are much appreciated.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Curious to know who you wrote this poem for, being as you are 18.

Posted 12 Years Ago


This is quite simple and emotions are blatantly speakable. The authenticity and the simplicity of your words are an art.
_'The art of art, the glory of expression and the sunshine of the light of letters, is simplicity. 'Walt Whitman_
beautifully written

Posted 12 Years Ago


speechlessly beautiful...

Posted 12 Years Ago


wow, another amazing poem. I am in awe of this beauty I must say. This writing is pure gold!!!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Well strung memories, I can enjoy how every second line has a smooth transition considering it isn't rhyming for the most part

Posted 13 Years Ago


"My time draws near, as I know I am gone.
I’ve missed you darling, now I’m coming home."

Everything about this poem -from the wording, to the rythmic flow- made it brilliant. But what made it beautiful was the apparent emotion behind the wording, of a lover lost and the journey to being reunited. I loved the last ling, because of the simplicity in the wording ("Now I'm coming home") and the impact that simple line made on the reader. At the beginning of the poem, i figured this was about love and lost; a break up, mostly. But that ending was what changed my mind completely. Fantastic job; adding to my favourites :) thanks for sharing!

xoxo Caitlyn xoxo


Posted 13 Years Ago


I love this. It's so descriptive, and uses great imagery. But is also brief enough that everyone can relate. (:

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is truly a sad and touching poem. The fleeting scenes in it were so good, and I could imagine everything in it. It's beautiful.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

515 Views
9 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on January 24, 2011
Last Updated on January 24, 2011

Author

Stefano Ianiro
Stefano Ianiro

Montreal, Canada



About
I'm Stefano, 19, Montreal. I love writing, talking, photography, filming, music and on and on it goes. I find dreams far superior than modern day reality. Follow me on Twitter at: @StefanoIaniro more..

Writing
IF IF

A Poem by Stefano Ianiro


Hope Hope

A Poem by Stefano Ianiro