This boy. The start

This boy. The start

A Story by StephL

The boy sits alone in his room.
Let me back up. The room is painted purple, There is a beige carpet on the floor and stucco ceiling. There is a poster of Anikin Skywalker on his wall. No, he is not  a big fan of star wars, but his grandmother gave it to him when he was a kid and he has never taken it down. Beside the poster, there are five medals, all for participation. On the wall joining to the wall with the poster, there is a single picture of a dog that the boy once had. He has no particular fondness of this dog, but he feels it is appropriate to have a picture of his childhood pet. There is a desk underneath the photograph. It is rarely used for anything other than when he has a project due the next day. On the desk, there is a tv that is never used because he is too lazy to plug it in to his laptop. Connected to the desk is a cabinet of sorts made out of squares. It houses various little odds and ends that no one else would find interesting and he does not pay attention to it very much. Next to this wall of squares is a bookcase. He reads quite and the bookcase is filled up entirely. 
This room, while not tiny is his life. He does not venture much. He has no need to. He works an 8-5 job in the summer and he goes to school in the fall and winter. He dreams of doing a job that he will probably not end up doing. He is in school for this job because he has said that he wants to be in that profession since he was a child and the adults in his life have deemed it to be an acceptable aspiration. 
The boy is not a delinquent. He has talked to the cops multiple times, none of the times have been his fault and he has no record. He had gotten many detentions in school for nothing worse than being chronically late. Nothing to worry about and he has never gotten a phone call home. 
The boy likes to go on walks, which he calls runs but they are really an escape. A walk around the neighbourhood. He listens to music, but he has no strong feelings on any of the music he listens to. Most of the songs he has are not listened to often, they are there for show, just in case anybody wants to listen to his music. 
He has no hobbies. He lives day to day and every-night, while everyone else is asleep, he stays up and goes on youtube, or watches tv shows or reads, but nothing substantial. He is not skilled in any one aspect of life. He is not bad looking, nor is he good looking. He simply is. He often wonders of his future and what will happen. He thinks of what may be, and so far, what he thinks of is what will never happen. 
He often wonders of how it will end, he wonders if other people think like this. He has been told that he is always in a good mood, but he pays no attention to moods, he simply is. He wonders if he is happy with that. 
So, simply put, the boy is sitting in his room.

© 2014 StephL


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

186 Views
Added on June 7, 2014
Last Updated on June 7, 2014

Author

StephL
StephL

Gatineau, Quebec, Canada



About
Hello ! I like feedback and stuff so. yeah. more..

Writing