Vacations Of The Mind part 1

Vacations Of The Mind part 1

A Story by Stephen

Vacations Of The Mind

Episode: 1

 

 

Somewhere I read that our memories are a vacation taken by our minds. If this is true than my mind is on vacation all the time. I find myself drifting to a different time and a much different place.

 

Somedays I just need to escape from the things of the present. I need to retreat to a time of simpler things. A time without all the wonders of the current age (internet, cell phones, Facebook). I would like to return to a time with Tonka trucks, Matchbox cars and dirt.

 

I find myself on a Spider-man big wheel with my grandpa pushing me around the block. I can see myself sitting on a school bus going to kindergarten with my grandpa on the same bus making sure I got there (try doing that today). He was Awesome. Today he is gone, but looking back I now realize that he was AWESOME.

 

~Stephen

 

 

© 2015 Stephen J. Johnson (All rights reserved)

© 2015 Stephen


Author's Note

Stephen
Not sure what type of writing this would be referred to as. I would just call it some of my ramblings.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

124 Views
Added on November 8, 2015
Last Updated on November 8, 2015

Author

Stephen
Stephen

PA



About
I have been writing poetry since 2005. The thoughts and emotions in my poetry are mine and nobody else’s . I write for me alone. To see the reaction and raw emotion of another person after.. more..

Writing