Chapter 1: The Rizzo Family

Chapter 1: The Rizzo Family

A Chapter by Steven Ingels

Lasclarecheilmondo be yours, Si puo Essene tuttocioche ci desdera(Let the world be yours. You can be anything that you want to be). Hey my name is Roscoe Rizzo I’m half Black and half Italian. I've been through a lot in my life and it’s not that I regret the stuff I did it’s just made me the man I am today. Your probably wondering this is just one of those underdog stories, but it’s not. This is a story about how I grew up in society and how I got through all of my difficulties.

                I was in a gang for two years and it’s not an easy way to live. You see stuff that will scar you for life.  Money is a big part in the gang, if you don’t have money well then your s**t of luck. Owing people is a problem too. Some people just let it go, but others take money very seriously and will kill you over a dollar.

                Drugs are a big factor in the gang community as well. Weed, cocaine, meth, acid and etc. are all distributed all around the world. Now I know all of you weed smokers know weed isn't addicting. For me I did pretty much everything and it was pretty bad. I got into some serious s**t with the gang and the people I loved I just turned them away and hung out with the wrong crowd.

                Sex is a big factor as well. Prostitutes  that join the gang have sex for money and bring the money back to the head leader and go do it again. I got to know these woman and most of their dreams didn't walk the streets.  Mt first time it was very exciting and awkward at the same time, but it was worth it for sure. Well enough of me talking let me take you back to introduce you to my life, family and friends, later readers.

Chapter 1: The Rizzo Family

Humboldt County, California

Whites Road

November 1st 2008

Monday 6:30 A.M.

                The sun came over the mountains brightening up the dessert. Commuters all over the county got into their cars and drove to work. Down whites road 8th house down a family who life’s evolved around helping people were getting ready for the day. Up in the master bedroom is a couple that has different backgrounds, but connected in a similar way.

                Noreen Emily Smith Rizzo a woman with a strong heart. She has long black hair in a professional style. She has round black eyes like two lumps of coal. She is very tall and has a leggy build. Her skin is Carmel. She has a large mouth and small feet. Her wardrobe is professional with a blue and green color scheme.

                She grew up in the ghetto with three sisters and two brothers. Her mom and dad were alcoholics and drug users. When she came home from school she always saw her mom on the floor with a bottle of Jim Bean and a syringe next to her. Her dad had tons of drinks around him and watched music videos all day. Being at home was terrible for her so she joined a gang with her sisters. She got into drugs and nothing else mattered to her. Her whole life spun out of control.

                Couple years they were caught in a gun fight and two of the bullets hit her older sister. Noreen was devastated as she watched her sister die in front of her eyes. It took a lot out of Noreen she tried to cope with it, but she couldn’t do anything falling into a deep depression. She walked the halls in her school like a ghost. She didn’t talk to her friends for almost three years. At the end of her jr. Year she was hit by a car with two broken legs and a fractured skull.

                She was in the hospital for days when someone unexpected came to visit her. Her mom came into the room looking like jack skeleton. Mrs. Smith took her hand and said some wise words to her, “When someone loves you, the way they say your name is different. You know that your name is safe in their mouth.” Noreen exactly knew what that meant. She couldn’t just keep on moping around wising her sister would come back. She had to focus on herself and think of her sister in the back of her mind.

                Once she was healed up she went back to school and started to do all the homework that she missed from the 9th grade. With all of her homework out of the way she had other problems also. She got an opportunity to go to Harvard College to study medicine or stay in the ghetto and be in the gang for the rest of her life. Of course she choose the first option and quit the gang to finish the rest of her schooling. She graduated three months later with her high school diploma. She moved out five days later and moved to the dorms near Harvard.

                There she got all her classes that she needed to be Registered nurse. She made more friends and experienced new foods and new guys. The guys back home just wanted to have sex. The guys there wanted to get to know you. Noreen loved the way she was treated and she fell in love with a guy that caught her heart. Few years later they were married.

                Leonide Marcello Rizzo born in Rome Italy with both of his parents and two sisters. This romantic guy has narrow brown eyes like two acorns. He has slicked back brown hair in a simple style. He is tall and has a masculine build. His skin is brown. His wardrobe is simple with a white and blue color scheme.

 Leonide stayed to himself. As a child he had friends, but would rather stay to himself. At night he and his dad would stay up and watch cops arrest the bad guys. From the movies he watched Leonide knew exactly what he wanted to be. He joined the Jr. Police academy and trainedto become a officer.

                With all the training he had he also was a romantic kind of guy getting girls from left to right, but none of them stuck around. One night he and his dad were coming out of the theaters when a man with a gun demanded his money. Leonide’s dad gave the crook the money, but the crook wasn’t satisfied so he shot Mr. Rizzo in the chest. The crook quickly ran off. Leonide would of chased after him taking the crook down, but his dad was dying. The bystanders called 911 as quick as they could. Leonide stayed by his side. The last thing Leonide heard his dad say, “Famiglia è importante di qualsiasialtracosa, non importaquante chance di dare a qualcunobasta far lorocapirecheproprio (family is important than anything else. it won't matter how many chances you give someone just let them figure it out on their own).

            After the death of his father Leonide did his regular thing thinking about the crook who killed a part of his life. The police searched around the whole city, but couldn’t find the trace of the suspect. Leonide was eighteen when he got a call from LA, California to come and work for the LA police. He was very excited to come out there. He told his mom and sisters about the position and they all agreed to move out there. Two months later they moved to California and started their new life. In all of the Rizzo family had their father/husband in their minds and hearts. At age of 21 Leonide was patrolling the Harvard campus when he met Noreen. They hit it off perfectly and the next thing you knew they were getting married.

            Noreen came out of the bathroom in her favorite black dress and black flats. She walked over to the bed grabbing her white coat about to put it on when she looked over in the corner of the room seeing her husband buttoning up his police shirt. She put the jacket back on the bed and walked over to her husband. She put her arms around his waist and set her chin on his shoulder, “Hun how do I look?” Leonide turned around looking at Noreen’s long legs to her neat hair, “you’re like a fresh rose picked out of the garden.” “Aw” Noreen blushed, “Thank you hunny” kissing Leonide on the lips, “So what time will you be home tonight” putting her arms over his neck.”

            Leonide looked at his watch that his grandfather gave to him on his 7th birthday, “Ten o clock wish I could get off earlier, but going gang activity is at its highest right now.” Noreen shook her head knowing the gangs out there were brutal, “when will it ever stop. I’ll save you a plate and put it in the fridge for you when you get home.” Leonide smiled loving when his wife takes care of him, “Awesome well I better get going and be safe when you’re driving on the road” Leonide kissed his wife again as her arms came down his back. He turned to the mirror once again and gave a nod signaling that he looked pretty good. He walked out of the room with his badge of courage.

            Noreen grabbed her white jacket and put it on her shoulders walking out of the room. The house that they were living in was a very modern style with a bit of Rome in it. Walking down the hall the family’s copper Siberian Husky Rusty ran up the stairs and gave a bark at Noreen. She smiled petting rusty as she knocked on the door to her first daughters room.

            Sidney Karen Rizzo is a jr in high school. This woman reminds you of a nice summer day. She had black curly hair in a style of a bush. She has round black eyes like two marbles. Her skin is Carmel. She is tall and has a curvy build. She has long fingered hands and small feet. Her wardrobe is simple with a black and white color scheme.

            Sidney loves to study while she’s in school. After hours she loves to go on dates with guys and hopes that one day she will find her prince charming. Since she’s the oldest she wants to be a good role model for her siblings.

            The door opened and an essence of vanilla escaped the room. Sidney perked up when she saw her mom and Rusty, “Hi mom and Rusty.” Mrs. Rizzo smiled loving her daughters sense of fashion, “Hey where did you get these clothes.” Sidney looked down at her clothes and swiped her hand, “these old things I got them last year at Christmas just haven’t worn them yet, you like.” Noreen nodded her head, “Yeah I do you look good.” “Thanks” Sidney blushed, “so do you want me to make breakfast.” Mrs. Rizzo shrugged, “It’s up to you. Oh what time are you coming home tonight?” Five thirty “Sidney said, “Can I bring James over?” Since Sidney was on the prowl to find her right guy Noreen couldn’t even keep up with the guys she brang over so she just said yes all the time, ‘Sure” Sidney nodded her head, “cool well I’m going to start making breakfast. See you downstairs. Come on rusty” Sidney jogged out of her room down the hall way and down stairs going to the kitchen.

            When Sidney was born Noreen was scared of taking care of a child. She wondered if she was going to be like her parents, but it was all easy except for the changing diapers and lack of sleep, but she managed to do pretty well when her sisters were in town. Continuing down the hall Noreen stopped at her second and third oldest daughter’s room. She was about to knock when the door swung open and the girls appeared smiling. Camille Rizzo and Olivia Rizzo

Camille has long black hair in a simple style. She has green eyes like two emeralds. She has a chubby face. She has two piercings on her nose and lips. She is tall and has a lean build. Her skin is Carmel. She has a small nose and thin lips. Her wardrobe is tight with a black and purple color scheme.

Olivia has long brown hair in a style of shredded paper. She has black eyes like two amethysts. She is tall has a thin build. She has a pointed chin. She has large hands and large feet. She has a tattoo of a lotus flower on her left shoulder. Her wardrobe is strange with a blue and maroon color scheme.

Camille is the wild one in the family. She started her own girl band called pixie of crap. She started singing when she was five years old. She was into any kind of music. Her favorite one was rock. She goes to gigs every night to play for the fans and hopes that one day she can be up on stage just like Evanaesnce.

Olivia is the calm, collective one in the family. She loves to read, write poems and paint. Her favorite thing to do is write poems about the day she had and she reads them in front of a small audience in coffee shops.

“Hey mom was the music to loud” asked Camille.” No” Noreen folded her arms, “just wanted to see if you two were awake. How are the paintings going?” Olivia sighed, “Good just spent four hours last night painting my final exam.” Noreen nodded her head, “”Wow is you putting it in the art show.” Olivia bit her lip, “I’m not sure. I don’t think I should.” Camille bumped her sister’s shoulder, “Oh come on that would be stupid. Don’t you want to win the painters medal.” Olivia nodded her head, “Yeah.” Noreen watched her daughters talk about weather one should accomplish something that they don’t think they deserve it. She wished her sisters were like that when they were younger. “Well Camille what time are you going to be home tonight?” Camille thought of what her day was going to be like, “Well I get out of school at two then I have to come home and get ready for the gig tonight, so I won’t be home until eleven. So can you save me a plate?” Noreen gave a nod, “sure can, see you girls downstairs.” Camille closed the door and turned up her music contuining what she was doing with her sister.

            Noreen never expected that her daughters would create such beautiful sound and art. She was living an extraordinary life with her daughters especially the two younger twins of the family. Adrianna Rizzo and Tatiana Rizzo are the princess of the family.

Adrianna has curly black hair shoulder length and in a simple style. She has black eyes like the midnight sky. She is short and has a thin build. She has small hands and small ears. Her skin is light colored. Her wardrobe is simple with a yellow and blue color scheme.

Tatiana also has curly black hair with a red streak. She has one black eye and one brown eye. She is short and has a thin build. She has feet and thin eyebrows. Her skin is light colored. Her wardrobe is elegant with a green color scheme.

Adrianna is the athletic one in the family. She loves any kind of sport that could make her dirty. She wants to become a pro athlete with the boys. Tatiana is the Actress in the family. She loves to act and watch plays. She hopes that one day she will make her way into Hollywood

As Noreen walked down the hall the two girls came out of there room and walked up to their mom, “mom can you please tell ms drama that girls don’t always have to wear makeup” Said Adrianna. Noreen smiled, “Well they do if they want to look pretty, but in your case there would be no reason to since you love to roll in mud.” Adrianna smiled looking at her sister, “See I’m pretty no matter how dirty I can get.” Tatiana shook her head, “Whatever I just don’t see why they would. Girls are better than guys you know.” With their little argument they agreed on that particular saying and high fived each other.” Noreen smiled from ear to ear, “You two are the greatest, so what time should I pick you up from school.” Tatiana cleared her throat, “well mother Mrs. Caldwell (Mrs. Caldwell is the art director for the school’s plays and dances) is putting a play together so can you pick me up at five” Noreen gave a nod then looked at her other daughter, “what about you.” Well Michele, Bobby’s mom is picking us up at three thirty so we can go to the track for a bit and then she’s going to take us home if that’s alright.” Noreen pulled her hair back behind her shoulders, “Um yeah that’s okay, but please tell Michelle to call me next time.” K” Tatiana gave her mom a hug, “Love you” she waited for her sister to give her mom a hug so they can both walk down stairs together to get some breakfast

            “Little sweethearts” Said Noreen she wouldn’t know what to do without those bright angels of sunshine. Noreen heard a door close and saw her teenage daughter Karman come out sighing. Noreen knew she wasn’t having a good morning.

This social girl has wavy brown hair all the way down to her shoulders. She had wide black eyes. She is tall and has a leggy build. Her skin is brown. She has a thin eyebrows and small mouth. Her wardrobe is flattering.

Karman is just a regular teenage girl trying to make her way through school without any embarrassing moments, but that is just not possible. “Mom when are we going to move that rat out of my room.” Noreen gasped folding her arms, “That rat is your brother and you’re going to have to deal with him.” Karman rolled her eyes, “Uh hello I’ve been dealing with him since day one. He’s annoying, he plays those stupid card games and he’s annoying. Can’t you just send him off to some circus?” Noreen shook her head, “No we can’t and you know your brother is already going through a hard time at school. Why do you have to be so mean to him?” Karman smirked, “Because he is a loser, he has no friends, no one wants to talk to him and he get’s beat up every five minutes.” It was sad that her son came home with black eyes and bruised her legs and arms. She talked to the principal about it, but the principal had to catch the culprits in the act, “Well Karman can you do me one favor please” Karman blinked twice signaling that she would, “keep a close eye on him I worry what he’s going to do.” Karman set her hand on her mother’s shoulder, “I’m only doing this because you told me too. I don’t want to be any closer to him than I am now” Karman grunted as she walked around her mom and went downstairs.

Noreen walked to the door and put her ear to the door and could hear her son Roscoe talking to his monsters as he played the card game. She opened up the door and he looked over and smiled when he saw mom come in.

This lonesome guy has black short hair in a simple style. He has almond shaped black eyes like two lumps of coal. His skin is white. He has bushy eyebrows and large hands. His wardrobe is plain with a brown color scheme.

“Hi mom is breakfast ready” Asked Roscoe.” Um” Noreen scratched her forehead, “almost Sidney is making it.” Roscoe sighed, “Again I hope she doesn’t make those cranberry pancakes again there disgusting.” Noreen couldn’t agree more, but she didn’t want to hurt her daughter’s feelings. She walked into the room sitting at the edge of Karman’s bed, “So you going to have a good day at school today.” Roscoe stopped shuffling his cards and looked at his mom in a what you think, “I doubt it I wish I could just disappear and never go to that school again.”

Noreen sighed, “Well why don’t you try to talk to some people and see if they could be your friend.” Roscoe smirked, “Yeah that’s a good idea until they throw paper balls at you, spit wads and call you any name in the book. I rather just stay to myself and be the punching bag of the whole entire school. Noreen licked her lips, “look just do me a favor when they approach you just think of me beating them up.” Roscoe took a deep breath and then let it all out, “Already tried that, but it didn’t work” turning back to his card game.” Noreen got up from the bed kissing Roscoe on the head, “Be down in five minutes” she turned away and started to wonder what her son’s future was going to be like.



© 2013 Steven Ingels


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

938 Views
Added on June 15, 2013
Last Updated on September 4, 2013

Black and White - Bad to the bone


Author

Steven Ingels
Steven Ingels

Little Rock, AR



About
Let's see my name Is Steven Ingels. Writing is a time for me to let my creativity wander I'm 21 years old white male more..

Writing