Chapter 3: The Stand

Chapter 3: The Stand

A Chapter by Steven Ingels

In first period Roscoe took his seat in the back of the class. He got out his notebook and set it on the table when he saw Julius come in and sat in the fifth row. Julius gave him a nod and Roscoe smirked shaking his head. Roscoe still couldn’t believe that the strays thought they could help him out. It was like one of those hidden reality shows, but Roscoe knew everything that was about to happen.

                Opening his binder up the first thing he saw is a printed out picture of a warrior goddess from a serious. Roscoe knew pretty much everything about her and wished he could have lived back in the dark ages. Roscoe looked up at the clock and then saw the captain of the cheerleading squad. Janelle Claudine Bridges the nicest cheerleader you’ll ever meet.

                This girl reminds you of a dignified swan. She has slanted brown eyes that are like two tiger gems. Her luxurious bone white hair is in an artistic style. She is tall and has a curvy build. Her skin is white. She has a large nose and small feet. Her wardrobe is tight

                She isn’t the snobby b***h of a cheerleader that wants everything her way. She’s is the social, kind, caring cheerleader that wants everyone to get along. She made her way down Roscoe’s aisle and Roscoe jr was getting a bit happy. Roscoe quickly realized what was happening and wiped the drool off his chin and went back to staring at the goddess.

                Her could smell her strawberry essence as she sat down putting her bag on the table. It sucked for him because they really never talked to each other since the 2nd grade. They have made eye contact before, but it was only for a second. Roscoe looked up at the board and see what he had to do this morning when his eyes widened when he heard the unimaginable.

                “Azelene the warrior goddess of Valley, wish I was just like her” said Janelle. Roscoe quickly looked away from the board looked at the picture and then looked at Janelle surprised that she knew who she was, “You know who she is?” Janelle smiled, “of course I have read all the books from the hordex castle to black mountain part one and two.

                Roscoe shook his head and closed his eyes thinking it was a dream. When he opened his eyes back up it was reality, “Wow I didn’t know someone like you read those kind of books.” Roscoe saw her eyebrows go down seeming like she was sad, “I mean you are, never mind” quickly Janelle perked up, “I know what you mean Roscoe.”

                Surprisingly Roscoe didn’t even know she knew his name. This was all new to him was this a begging of a new chapter for him, “I am a nerd at heart. Every time I have down time I read those books and I feel like I’m in time fighting with the Toads.

                Roscoe became very excited, but didn’t want to show it so he just calmly sat there thinking that a high class girl liked fantasy book, “Well you could come…” a series of spitballs splattered on Roscoe’s face. it was horrible the class started to laugh and Roscoe was embarrassed because he was finally talking to a girl that he liked and he was splattered in spit. Roscoe cheeks turned red and he looked over and saw Julius just staring at him. Roscoe licked his lips and gave him a nod.

                Julius cracked his neck and got up from his seat walking over to the kid. He snatched the kid up and pushed him in the corner. Roscoe wanted to know what Julius was saying to this kid. All he could see was the fear in the kids’ eyes. Julius patted the kid on the shoulder and walked back to his seat like nothing happened. The kid stood there for a second at the floor then looked up at Roscoe and put his hand up.” Roscoe drowned his eyebrows putting his hand up. The kid quickly walked out of the room and Roscoe was astonished by what happened.

                “Hey” Janelle handed Roscoe some tissue, “you might want to get that off.” Oh” Roscoe took tissues wiping the spit off his face, “You probably wouldn’t want to talk to me anymore.” Janelle smirked, “What makes you think that?” Roscoe shrugged, “Because everyone thinks I’m a loser and no one wants to talk to me.”

                Janelle rolled her eyes, “Shut that nonsense up. You’re not a loser everyone who picks on you is a loser” Janelle set her hand on Roscoe’s arm, “if you want you could come over and we could talk more about Azelene the warrior goddess.” Roscoe smiled, “Yeah that would be good, and you sure you want me over.” Janelle shrugged, “of course from here on out we are going to be best friends.

                After class Janelle hugged Roscoe and walked off walking over to her friends. Julius came out and Roscoe had to ask him about what happened, “Hey what did you say to him.” Julius smiled, “why do you want to know?” “Because” Roscoe threw up his hands, “he looked like he just saw his parents killed.” Julius sighed, “I told him that if he threw anymore spitballs at you I will have to break both of his legs and make him eat some dog s**t. Roscoe smirked, “What! You actually told him that.

                Julius smiled from ear to ear, “yeah I did, and you see us strays’ keep our word.” Strays” Roscoe said, “Who the ducks are the strays?” Julius shook his head, “sorry can’t tell you that.” Roscoe scratched his head, “why not.” Julius cleared his throat, “for one I barley know you, two there are snitches in the school that will put us in jail, and three the strays do not exist.. Anyways I’ll see you around and remember we have your back” Julius patted Roscoe on the shoulder and walked down the hall. Roscoe just pondered of what Julius had informed him and it just didn’t make sense

                The whole morning was very strange for Roscoe. The other two strays that approached him on the third floor did the same thing Julius did when a kid threw something at him. After third period Roscoe walked to the lunch room and noticed something was very different. The usual suspects who picked on him gave him a nod and just quickly walked away.

                “Hello Prince of Orca.” Roscoe smiled from ear to ear, “My queen would you take this journey with me to the fire valley” Roscoe stuck his hand out, “Yes” Janelle put her hand in his hand, “I would love too.” Continuing on with their fantasy story Karman came out of class and saw her brother talking to Janelle.” Karman walked over there and stood next to Janelle, “Uh Janelle is my brother bothering you?” Janelle shook her head, “No we were just talking about books.” Karman smirked, “What EW that must be horrible.” Janelle shrugged, “I don’t think so.” Karman shook her head thinking all this was weird, “Um Janelle can I talk to my brother alone.” “Sure” Janelle looked at Roscoe, “See you later.” Janelle walked off going into the cafeteria.

                Karman put her hands on her side, “What are you doing talking to Janelle.” Roscoe shrugged, “We have the same interest’s is that a problem.” Karman sighed, “No it’s not a problem. It’s just weird that you’re talking to the captain of the cheerleading squad.” Roscoe folded his arms, “I thought so too” Roscoe smiled from ear to ear, “Wait are you mad because I’m talking to someone besides you.”

                Karman smirked throwing her head back, “Me mad because you’re talking to Janelle the sweetheart of the school. Hell no.” Karman continued her blabbing when Roscoe saw Tank by his locker.” Roscoe brushed by Karman shoulder and walked over to Tank.” About two seconds later Karman realized she wasn’t talking to her brother anymore

                “Uh I don’t know if you could answer this, but what are the strays” asked Roscoe.” Tank smirked, “the strays do not exist.” Roscoe threw his head back, “They obviously do if you’re in it. Come on tell me I’m not getting any younger.” Tank sighed looking around and scratched his head, “I’ll tell you but you cannot repeat. Do not understand?” Roscoe gave a nod, “Completely.”

                Tank thought for a moment, “The strays are a known biker gang across five states. They show no mercy to anyone. The pigs’ cops if you don’t know have been trying to get rid of them for years. Your dad is the head leader of the gang enforcement” Roscoe didn’t know Tank knew anything about him, but he let him continue on, “Many drugs, girls and money have us on our toes at all times. That is the only thing I can tell you. The other stuff you’ll learn on your own. Roscoe imagined himself in the gang and all that he could see was him getting bucket loads of money and tons of girls and he liked the idea, “Where do I sign up.”

                “What” Tank shook his head, “You can’t just sign up for the gang.” Roscoe shrugged, “Why not I know I’m weak. But I can contribute and maybe even become one of you.” Tank scratched his head unsure if he would make the right decision, “look bro gang life isn’t easy if you cross the wrong path you will die.” Roscoe sighed, “Well that’s why you can teach me your ways. I can’t living my life as a punching bag.” Tank thought for a moment shaking his head, “Bro I can’t I’m sorry” Tank walked away from his locker walking down the hall with his hands in his pocket. Roscoe tried to get into a group that could of helped him out, but it didn’t work out. He dropped his head knowing his life would be over soon.



© 2013 Steven Ingels


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

670 Views
Added on July 4, 2013
Last Updated on July 4, 2013

Black and White - Bad to the bone


Author

Steven Ingels
Steven Ingels

Little Rock, AR



About
Let's see my name Is Steven Ingels. Writing is a time for me to let my creativity wander I'm 21 years old white male more..

Writing