Chapter 8: unforgiving

Chapter 8: unforgiving

A Chapter by Steven Ingels

Luckily a few walkers heard the gunshots and called 911 immediately Both Janelle and Roscoe were rushed to the hospital. Janelle was in critical condition and they went into surgery right away. Roscoe who just got shot was put on the first floor to get the shards of bullet in his right shoulder. The bullet that went through his shoulder hit his bone and curved going out and into Janelle’s forehead missing a very important vein. She is in a coma.

                Ten o clock at night Roscoe slowly woke up seeing his shoulder in a sling and he saw Anas Amati the family doctor. This man reminds you of a cobra waiting to strike. He has a full set of jet black hair in a simple style. He has round black eyes like two lumps of coal. He is very tall and has a broad shouldered build. His skin is brown. His wardrobe is strange.

                “You know you scare me sometimes” Roscoe said, “All my patients say that” Dr. Anas came around to the side of the bed checking on Roscoe pulse, “you’re lucky to be alive.” Roscoe sighed, “Yeah well I’m not happy that she isn’t alive.” Dr. Anas gave a half smile, “Well she is.” Roscoe’s eyes widened, “what don’t play with me doc.” Anas shrugged, “Who’s playing she’s in Acoma” Roscoe laid there quiet thinking that it was relief that she was still alive, “So can I see her?” Anas scratched his head, “Yes, but you won’t get a response” Anas saw Roscoe’s confused look, “           In Medicine, a coma is a state of unconsciousnesslasting more than six hours n which a person: cannot be awakened; fails to respond normally to painful stimuli, light, or sound; lacks a normal sleep-wake cycle; and, does not initiate voluntary actions. We won’t know when she’ll be awake.

                Roscoe sighed scratching his forehead with his good arm, “This is my entire fault.” Anas thought for a moment, “Not a lot of stray victims survive even one of their own. Someone is looking out for you.” Hello Anas” Anas turned around smiling when he saw it was Noreen, “Noreen” Mrs. Rizzo walked in, “How is he” Dr. Anas smiled, “Why don’t you see for yourself.” Mrs. Rizzo walked up smiling at her son.

                Every time Roscoe and his mother made contact it always ended up in an argument and Roscoe just walked away, “Well I’ll leave you two alone” Anas looked at Roscoe, “later Roscoe” Dr. Anas turned to Mrs. Rizzo kissing her on the cheek and walked out of the room, “Well seems like you and Dr. Anas are close.” Mrs. Rizzo sighed, “Yes we are and whatever your thinking I don’t cheat on my husband. “Whatever” Roscoe tried to get comfortable, “Roscoe what’s the matter with you. Have you even thought about what happened to you? You could have died.” Yeah I could of, but I didn’t” Roscoe said, “I love you Roscoe and I know we fight a lot, but why can’t you understand that being in the gang isn’t good for you.” Mrs. Rizzo had worried her voice, “Because I had no other option. It was being bullied to death and being in the gang which would you chooses” bark Roscoe, “I just want to get out of this f*****g place.”               

                Mrs. Rizzo flipped some of her hair back behind her shoulder, “Well your wish is granted. Were moving to Montana next week.” What! “Roscoe blurted out, “What in the hell is in Montana.” Mrs. Rizzo sighed, “Better opportunities and it will be good for you to get out of the danger.” Danger the only danger I’m in is being around nig” Roscoe face was slapped like a swarm of bees. Noreen didn’t want to do it, but she had no choice her son was out of control and he needed to be taught a lesson, “You and your sisters are moving you have no choice” Mr. Rizzo voice grew louder and Roscoe never heard her this angry before, “And if I ever hear that word come out of your mouth again I cracking the whip on you. Do you have it?” Roscoe cleared his throat, “Yeah, whatever” “Good” Mrs. Rizzo went back to her regular voice, “Now get some rest so you can come home tomorrow and don’t think you’re going to be walking in to a fresh slate” Mrs. Rizzo turned around walking out of the room. Besides Roscoe’s cheek from throbbing he felt his heart shatter into a million pieces as he began to rethink his past.



© 2013 Steven Ingels


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

474 Views
Added on July 8, 2013
Last Updated on July 8, 2013

Black and White - Bad to the bone


Author

Steven Ingels
Steven Ingels

Little Rock, AR



About
Let's see my name Is Steven Ingels. Writing is a time for me to let my creativity wander I'm 21 years old white male more..

Writing