Chapter 14: Home of the raging raccoons Pt. 2

Chapter 14: Home of the raging raccoons Pt. 2

A Chapter by Steven Ingels

After class Roscoe walked out with a fist to his face. He stumbled forward holding his lip and turned around to see punched him on his first day. He saw his name on his sophomore coat Ezekiel Little. The students surrounded around to see what was going to happen next.

                This Vain guy has dark black hair in a style of flames. He has black eyes like two lumps of coal. He is tall and has an athletic build. He has large hands and large feet. His skin is light. His wardrobe is simple with a red and green color scheme.

                He is the quarterback of the school and he thinks he rules the school, “you made a mistake bro” said Roscoe as he turned towards him, “no you made a mistake” pointing at Roscoe, “by trying to hit on my girl” Raven appeared on Ezekiel left shoulder, “I see the parrot is your girlfriend” Raven jaw dropped, “Shut up before I smash your face in” Ezekiel put his arm around Raven, “Come on babe this kid Aint worth nothing” as they turned away Roscoe couldn’t let him get away with a punch to the face, “you know I know people just like you” thinking that the argument was over Ezekiel dropped his head and turned around quickly walking up to Roscoe getting in his face, “you mean n*****s.” Roscoe smiled folding his arms, “No ignorant a******s who like to f**k other people around ot in your view n*****s.” Ezekiel face turned red and his fist curled up into balls when the vice Principal came up just before anything else happens.

                Vice Principal Fredric Clark is in charge of all the violence in the school, “What is going on here” Looking straight at Roscoe. “What you think I started it” Clark shrugged, “I don’t know did you” Roscoe smirked, “Uh check that has the biggest angry issue on the football team.” Clark turned around and smiled from ear to ear, “Oh Mr. little how are you doing today.” Ezekiel threw his head back, “Oh come on you don’t believe I really did that.” Clark shook his head at the stupidity Mr. Little was giving him, “Well I don’t think Mr. Rizzo” Roscoe was werided out the this guy knew his name, “Would start on his first day of school. Now go to my office” Ezekiel shook his head, “Dam this isn’t over m**********r” Grabbing his bag off the floor he followed the vice principal to his office, “Racist B*****d” Raven said as she walked past Roscoe.

                The crowd dissipated and Roscoe put his back against the locker, “Man what is wrong with everybody.” They just don’t know who we are” Said a voice Roscoe looked over and saw a kid that had red and black colors on and a bulldog tattoo on his right arm, “Who the hell are you.” The kid smiled, “Neil Rivers, you should have called us over.

                This serious guy has slanted brown eyes that are like two tiger gems. His silky straight hair is long and in a style of a rope. He is tall and has a thin build. His skin is tan. His wardrobe is unusual

                “I can handle my own” Said Roscoe, “I bet you can, but we could of still helped you with that n****r” Said Neil.” Roscoe sighed, “Yeah but you didn’t did you.” Neil shook his head, “Look I don’t want any beef between us. Were on the same team why don’t you come to the back of the school and we’ll have a talk.” Roscoe smirked, “look bro I’m not interested so back off.” Neil threw up his arms, “Alright man, guess you got tore up when you saw her go.” Roscoe eyes widened knowing exactly what he was talking about. Roscoe grabbed Neil spinning him around and slammed him against the locker; “You don’t know anything” Roscoe looked down seeing a butterfly knife to his stomach. The strays didn’t play fair and they would do anything to get away, “I do know you have an anger problem” Roscoe let Neil go stepping back, “f**k you” Neil put the butterfly knife away and fixed his shirt keeping his composure, “Anyways well be in the back of the school after lunch and I’ll just forget you try to outrun a rot” (Rottweiler is the head of the bloodhounds) later Rizzo” Neil gave a quick smile and walk down the hall like nothing happened.

                “So what was that about” Asked Ervin.” Roscoe shook his head turning to Ervin, “Nothing.” Ervin licked his lips, “it didn’t seem like nothing, he’s a bad guy you know.” Roscoe sighed, “Look I would like to tell you my story, but not now. I got to clear my head, later man” Roscoe scratched his head walking down the hall thinking of the one thing he hadn’t thought of since he moved here

Library

                It was about ten minutes before lunch ended and Roscoe was in the library thinking about Janelle. He wished he could of done something different to keep her from getting shot, but it just wasn’t possible. Roscoe sighed when he saw someone walking down an aisle. She appeared from the corner and looked up at Roscoe, “oh Roscoe didn’t know you were in here” Roscoe drowned his eyebrows, “Uh how do you know my name.” Oh” She said with a squeak, “My bad, Bridgette Cash head cheerleader of the school. I’m supposed to know everyone in the school.”

                This innocent girl has long strawberry blond hair in a wavy style. She has bright blue eyes like the afternoon sky. She is tall and has a thin build. She has long fingered hands and a small mouth. Her skin is tan. Her wardrobe is flattering with a pink color scheme

                “I see, so what do you know about me” asked Roscoe.” She thought for a moment, “Well your fifteen, you’re from California, you hate homework, and you’re in the library because you’re having a bad day.” Roscoe shook his head, “wow are you some kind of genie.” Bridgette smirked, “I wish.” Roscoe sighed, “So what about you.” Bridgette shrugged, “what about me.” Well you know me I guess I have to get to know you.” Bridgette sighed pulling out a chair and sat down curling her hair, “Okay well I love cheerleading, my favorite color is pink, I also hate homework and my taste in guys are horrible.”

                Roscoe bit his lip, “Really so would you go out with a guy like me” Bridgette studied Roscoe, “Um I don’t know I would have to get to know you first. We can’t just have sex on the first day.” Roscoe shook his head, “Why not?” Bridgette smiled, “because it just ruins the chemistry with the person. If you don’t know the person and just have sex with them you’re going to wonder what they were actually like.” Roscoe folded his arms on the table, “So what about the other one.” Well” Bridgette gave a nod, “once you start getting to know the person and take them out a few times then you can have sex with them” Bridgette paused or a moment, “I can’t believe you don’t know that.” Roscoe shrugged, “Yeah guess I missed that part.” Bridgette shrugged, “It Happens” Getting up from the chair, “well I have to get going so much to do after lunch, it was nice meeting you” Bridgette winked at Roscoe walking to the doors. Roscoe smiled knowing Bridgette was DTF (down to f**k) but it was going to be difficult getting to know her and taking her out that was just too much work for him.

                After lunch Roscoe walked to Heath class entering the class the table was in a square. Roscoe continued walking sitting in the corner so he could see the door. Seconds later students came in filling up all the seats. Two guys sat by Roscoe and they looked like they were in a gang. The left guy looked at Roscoe and gave a nod, “Sup John McNeil.

                This friendly guy has slanted brown eyes that are like two discs of wood. His fine, straight, soot-black hair is neck-length and is worn in a complex style. He has an over muscled build. His skin is cream-colored. He has thick eyebrows. His wardrobe is unconventional and elegant, with a completely brown color scheme.

                This is my partner Nestor Holloway anything you need from us well get it to you in twenty four hours no questions asked.

                This gentleman puts you in mind of a savvy alley cat. He has round gray eyes that are like two pools of mercury. His thick, straight, yellow hair is worn in a style that reminds you of a tangled bush. He is very short and has a graceful build. His skin is china-white. He has a pointed chin. His wardrobe is classy, and is completely black.

                Roscoe smirked, “What kind of stuff do you sell.” Nestor smiled, “The natural herb of the ground and sometimes pills, but mostly green. Roscoe sighed in relief, “nice been looking for some since I moved out here.” “Here” John reached into his pocket looking up at the front seeing that the teacher was talking to a couple of students, “I take this gram I would give you more, but I don’t know you. Hopefully can be cool with each other and not fight wars.” Potheads Roscoe thought to himself as he took the gram and slid it into his pocket. These were people that Roscoe liked to hang out with, “Yeah that be cool.”

                Nestor smiled from ear to ear, “Cool so you got a girl by your side.” Roscoe sighed, “Nah been trying to get one here, but none of them go.” Nestor shook his head, “That’s because you’re looking in the wrong places broski” Nestor looked across the room, “You see the girl with the green halter top.” Roscoe looked over seeing the girl already looking her way like Roscoe was like a piece of meat, “She goes all the way.” Roscoe licked his lips, “Good to know.” Aw Mr. McNeil and Mr. Holloway “the Teacher Mr. Holt came over with his arms folded, “I see were getting to know the new student

                this guy reminds you of a curious cat. He has round brown eyes that are like two tiger-eye gems. His thick, straight, neck-length hair is the color of milk chocolate, and is worn in a weird, attractive style. He has an elegant build. His skin is cream-colored. He has a large nose and prominent ears. His wardrobe is risque, and is mostly blue.

                John leaned back in his seat, “Yeah Mr. H you know how we do.” Mr. Holt smirked, “Yeah I do and I’m still waiting for those assignments I signed you last week.” Nestor sighed, “Come on Mr. H why do you got to ruin our vibe like that. You know we’ll get it to you.” Mr. Holt dropped his head, “Yeah and I expect it to be here tomorrow or I’m giving you a failing grade” Mr. Holt looked at Roscoe, “Don’t let these guys bring you down Mr. Rizzo. I can’t have another bum in my class” the bell ran and Mr. Holt walked to the middle of the class, “Okay students” putting his hands together, “welcome back from the weekend I hope you kept your dick in your pants. We have a new student in the class his name is Roscoe Rizzo” Mr. Holt turned to Roscoe, “Please Mr. Rizzo tell the class of you are” Roscoe shrugged, “Alright well” The whole time he looked at the girl across the room, “I’m from California and I like to have sex with girls” the girl blushed, Mr. Holt gave a nod, “good to know” Mr. Holt continued talking to his class. Roscoe sat back in his seat just staring the girl down. The girl was doing the same thing and was getting very comfortable by the moment.

                Class was almost over and Roscoe got out of his seat finally walking over to the girl in the pink halter top. He extended his hand out to her, “Roscoe.” The girl smiled and blushed, “Savannah holder.” Roscoe smiled, “So what do you like to hold.” Savannah giggled, “Anything that I can get my hands out.” Roscoe nodded his head, “I see so where can I meet you at.” Savannah bite her lip getting close to Roscoe, “in the gym after school, later hotshot” Savannah blew a kiss to Roscoe and walked away going over to her friends. Roscoe walked back over to where he was at, “Dam that girl is hot.” John nodded his head, “She sure is, so are you doing this weekend.” Roscoe sighed, “Um nothing really.” Well” John folded his arms, there’s a sick party on Friday. It would be cool if you could go so you could get to know the people around here.” Roscoe thought about going to a high school party it seemed kind of lame, but there was probably alcohol there, “Yeah sure I’ll come.” “Sweet” Nestor patted Roscoe on the back, “see you there” The bell rang and the students hurried out of the classroom. Roscoe walked out seeing his sister at her locker with three other dudes close to her. He wanted to go over there and tell the guys to back off, but she said to stay out of her life and that’s what Roscoe was going to do.

                Roscoe next class was PE. Walking into the gym there were at least a hundred students in the gym. He shook his head when Ervin ran up to him, “Hey you’re in my class.” Roscoe smirked, “dude why are you so excited.” Ervin shrugged, “Uh because PE is the best part of the day. Come on let’s get to class before Mrs. Grimes counts us absent.

                This woman reminds you of an extreme body builder. She has short brown hair in a weird style. She has dull gray eyes like ashes. She is tall and has a lean build. Her skin is deeply tanned. She has large hands and large feet. Her wardrobe is tight with a gray color scheme.

                Mrs. Grimes blew here whistle witched echoed through the gym, “Students!” She yelled as loud as she could in her Russian accent, “We run every day for twenty minutes. After that we play sports. If you do not like then get out of my class immediately. I have on rule and one rule only. Show up on time and I won’t give you detention. Any further questions.” Roscoe was brave enough to raise his hand, “Um can we smoke afterwards.” Mrs. Grimes lip curled, “Smoking causes cancer and cancer kills, so NO! you cannot smoke in my class, now”  putting the whistle her mouth and blew it loudly once again, “go and run your hearts out” Roscoe started to walk and then the whole class started to run pushing him against them to get out of the gym quickly as possible.

                About fifteen minutes later Roscoe was done running the track while the other students were walking/running. Mr. Rizzo! Shouted Mrs. Grimes, “you are one of the fastest guys in my class. How would you like to run track.” Roscoe smirked swiping his hand catching his breath, “Sorry not into sports.” Mrs. Grimes shook her head, “Oh pish posh that’s just nonsense. You would be great for running team. You could travel around the world and be famous.” Roscoe smirked, “nah I’m good” Roscoe walked past Mrs. Grimes going over to the shade to drink some water. Standing in the shade Roscoe held his head to the wall. In the corner of his eye he saw two people coming over to him, “Hey man you’re pretty fast” the guy said extending his hand out, “Johnny Strickland.”

                This gentleman puts you in mind of a playful puppy. He has slanted violet eyes. His silky, curly, brown hair is very short and is worn in an elegant style. He is short and has a boyish build. His skin is ruddy. He has a domed forehead and small feet. His wardrobe is severe.

                “Sup” Roscoe shook his hand, “Roscoe, you weren’t too bad out there either.” Johnny shrugged, “I was alright oh this is my girl Darla Mathews.”

                This girl reminds you of a cautious chipmunk. She has brown hair in an exotic style. She is short and has an hour glass build. She has blue eyes like two sapphires. She has nearly nonexistent eyebrows and a large mouth. Her skin is light colored. Her wardrobe is elegant.

                “Hey” Darla said shyly.” “So” Johnny folded his arms, “did Mrs. G try to recruit you on the track team.” “Yeah you” said Roscoe.” Johnny nodded his head, “Yeah there pretty even with the soccer team.” Darla sighed, “Not the girls.” What’s wrong with the soccer team” Asked Roscoe? Johnny shook his head, “Man everything they lose every game. I can’t believe the school board has cut the program.” Yo Strickland” Shouted a student, “Well uh I got to handle some business” Johnny turned to his girl kissing her on the cheek running back on the field meeting up with the student. Darla stood there silently and Roscoe had to break the ice, “So Darla how long have you and dude been together.” Darla smiled, “six months.” Roscoe nodded his head, “cool so you don’t talk much do you. Darla moved some hair out of her eyes, “I do once you get to know me.” Roscoe sighed hearing the once you get to know me phrase, “I see” Johnny ran back over, “I’m back, so man how are you fitting into Red Star.

                Darla walked over to the fence in the sun, “not too well not really into school.” Johnny sighed, “Yeah it was military school or moving to Mexico to live with my grandpa.” Roscoe smiled, “S**t what are you doing here. I would be in Mexico chilling out.” Johnny smiled, “Yeah you would think that, but my grandpa is ex military and he would have me working everyday for nothing. Plus I couldn’t leave my angel here alone. She’s my world” Roscoe didn’t understand how two people could be together for so long just like his parents.

                After the hour was up Roscoe walked out of the gym bumping into Betty, “Oh sor” Betty paused, “oh it’s just you.” Roscoe shook his head, “What you bumped into me. Can’t a guy get a break?” Betty sighed, “Sorry I’m just tired and hungry. How are you?” Roscoe shrugged, “Bored there’s really nothing to do here.” Betty scratched her head, “well it’s get a lot of interesting here once you start to know people.” “I bet” Roscoe said, “I doubt anyone around here wants to know the new kid.” Betty gave a half smile, “Well I would like to get to know you if you weren’t such a prick.” Roscoe threw his head back, “Wow a prick is that what you think of me.” Betty smiled, “Well at first I did and then I thought I shouldn’t judge people without knowing them.” Hm” Roscoe folded his arms, “Well I’m Roscoe” Extending his hand out to her.” Betty smiled shaking his hand, “Betty Cruz” the bell rang and she threw her head back, “Dam it I’m late, bye Roscoe” Betty ran off down the hall as quickly as possible. Roscoe smiled not because he just started over with Betty, but it was the last class of the day and he had something to do after school.

                Last period was finally here and Roscoe took walked into his class seeing that all the set were taken except for one. Band class wasn’t for Roscoe and he hopped that this class would go fast. Sitting the in the back in a chair the teacher Mr. Moon came in.

This guy puts you in mind of a tightly coiled spring. He has narrow brown eyes that are like two tiger-eye gems. His silky, straight, cream-colored hair is worn in a style that reminds you of a gush of water. He is tall and has a boyish build. His skin is pale. He has a hooked nose. His wardrobe is risque, and is mostly green.

                “Hello students if you don’t know me I’m Mr. moon the band instructor. I already gave you assigned instruments and I hope you treat them like new shoes. Before we get started Christy Hampshire can you come down here and do a little demo for us.

                This sensitive woman has deep-set black eyes. Her fine, wavy, charcoal-colored hair is worn in a style that reminds you of a fluttering flag. She is tall and has a curvy build. Her skin is nut-brown. She has nearly-nonexistent eyebrows. Her wardrobe is impractical, with a lot of brown and green.

                Christy came down standing in front of the class. She cleared her throat and closed her eyes. Once she opened her mouth it was magic. She sang the national anthem like nobody else sang it before. Once it was over the students clapped and Mr. Moon shook his head, “Oh Christy that would be beautiful, but you need to give it more. You need practice” Roscoe saw Christy head drop and a tear come out of her eye, “No she doesn’t” Mr. Moon quickly looked up, “Who said that.” Roscoe stood up walking to the front, “I did.” Mr. Moon smirked, “Oh so Mr. Rizzo thinks Ms. Hampshire did well.” Hell yeah” Roscoe said.” Mr. Moon folded his arms, “Oh so tell me something Mr. Rizzo have you even taken lessons to sing.” “Roscoe smirked, “No.” Mr. Moon smiled throwing up his arms, “Oh so you don’t know what it’s like to put all your heart into a song.” “No” Roscoe said, “Well sir Ms. Hampshire didn’t put her heart out all the way and if she doesn’t she won’t be able to go to the concerts and sing professional.” Roscoe could see that Christy didn’t like Mr. Moon opinion.

                 “Well you must be tone deaf then” Mr. Moon widened his eyes, “That sir is a bad judgment call. I know what talent is and I could see you don’t have any talent. Get out of my class now.” Roscoe shrugged, “Gladly” Roscoe threw up the peace sign and quickly walked out.” Mr. Moon shook his head surprised to see Christy walk out too. She caught up to Roscoe, “Hey you know no one ever stood up for me like that, thank you.” Roscoe gave a nod, “no problem how could he say you need more practice.” Christy shrugged, “Because I do.” Roscoe shook his head, “Are you kidding me that was the one of the best songs I’ve heard someone sing.” Christy gave a half smile, “you really think I’m good.” “Yeah” Roscoe nodded his head, “what you don’t” Christy sighed, “well I’m good, but I’m no Beyonce.” Roscoe licked his lips, “well you should be” it was weird Roscoe had never had such passion for a person before, “I’m sorry if I offended you.” Christy shook her head, “No you didn’t actually that’s the first time someone thought I was good.” Roscoe smiled, “Well there a first time for everything.” Ms. Hampshire” Mr. Moon came up, “Get into class now before I call your dad.” Bye Roscoe” Christy rolled her eyes going back to the class, “And you Mr. Rizzo I expect you to keep your opinions to yourself and to be in class tomorrow” Mr. Moon grunted walking back to the class.” Roscoe shook his head flipping off the teacher.

                Finally school was out and Roscoe was in the front thinking of how to get home. Students started to pour out of the school. He sat on the brick wall looking at the students happy hugging their friends and telling what there day was like. Karman walked up to her brother, “Hey can you tell mom and dad that I’ll be home later.” Roscoe shrugged, “Nope.” Karman sighed, “Come on Roscoe I don’t want them to worry.” Roscoe shook his head, “Fine where are you going.” Karman smirked, “That’s none of your business.” Roscoe got off the wall, “Tell me just in case they ask.” Karman rolled her eyes; “Fine I’m going to a friend’s house” Karman flipped off her brother and walked across the street. Roscoe saw her meeting up with five guys getting into a SUV. Roscoe grunted when Christy came up to Roscoe, “Hey wanted to say thanks again.” Roscoe shrugged, “no problem.” “So” Christy cleared her throat, “you need a ride home.” Uh you sure you want to give a stranger a ride home” asked Roscoe?” Christy shrugged, “Of course even if one thinks is great.” Roscoe gave a nod, “Well then I’ll take it.

                A silver car came up to the side and the window rolled down and Magdalena popped her head out, “Hey Christy how was school.” Christy shrugged, “Okay mom I want you to meet Roscoe.” Magdalena smiled from ear to ear, “I know who he is. He is the one that’s working on Grady’s farm, how are you doing sweetheart?” “Good Mrs. Kaufman, you.” Mrs. Kaufman licked her lips, “I’m okay just a busy day at work.” Christy folded her arms, “Mom would you be able to give Roscoe a ride home.” “Sure it would be my pleasure” politely said Mrs. Kaufman. She rolled up her window.” Roscoe turned to Christy and she already knew what he was about to say, “Don’t even say it.” Roscoe shrugged, “What.” Christy sighed, “You know what.” Roscoe threw up his arms, “All I was going to say shotgun.” Christy shook her head, “Yeah okay” Christy bumped Roscoe on the forehead walking around the car and getting in the front seat.” Roscoe smiled getting into the back knowing where Christy got her looks from.



© 2013 Steven Ingels


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

576 Views
Added on July 8, 2013
Last Updated on July 8, 2013

Black and White - Bad to the bone


Author

Steven Ingels
Steven Ingels

Little Rock, AR



About
Let's see my name Is Steven Ingels. Writing is a time for me to let my creativity wander I'm 21 years old white male more..

Writing