Chapter 19: Unchainned

Chapter 19: Unchainned

A Chapter by Steven Ingels

                Getting to school a little later than usual Roscoe walked down the hall seeing something he haven’t seen since had been there. The students that he met in his class were all gathered around were talking and laughing with each other. It was pretty cool to see. Roscoe walked down the hall passing them not wanting to disturb them, “Yo Roscoe” Nestor called Roscoe, “Get over here.” Roscoe turned around walking over, “You sure.” Nestor smirked, “Yeah man” Roscoe got into the circle when Raven and Brianna quickly left, “Sorry they still haven’t gotten over that you’re in the group” said Ryder, “How do you feel about it” Asked Roscoe, “Well I could get used to it” Ryder smiled from ear to ear. Bobbi nudged Roscoe’s shoulder, “So you going tonight?”

                Roscoe drowned is eyebrows, “what’s going on tonight?” Bryce threw up his arms, “the best thing that happens on Friday, party man” Roscoe gave a half smile not wanting to get to excited, “cool where at?” Bryce smiled, “if we tell you we have to kill you” Bryce hit Roscoe’s shoulder, “Nah I’m playing it’s on top of the biggest hill in Red Star. When you get there you could see all of red Star.” Roscoe thought for a moment, “well its sounds pretty cool, but I don’t want to be the odd man out and ruin your vibes.

                John shook his head, “Nah man your apart of us now. Plus we haven’t seen you get high or drunk yet.” Bridgette walked over to Roscoe putting her arm around his, “Yeah you should go. It’s sometimes gets boring there.” Roscoe sighed knowing Bridgette really wanted him to go, “Alright I’ll go.” Christy scratched nose, “Sweet so it’s at nine o clock and my mom will pick you up.” “Cool” Roscoe nodded his head, “Sounds like a plan.” Mr. Rizzo” Mr. Clark called Roscoe, “Can I talk to you for a minute?” Yeah, be back” Roscoe walked around the group and went over to Mr. Clark, “What’s up Mr. C?” A lot of stuff” Mr. Clark licked his lips ,”It’s about your sister” Roscoe dropped his head, “What’s up with her”  Mr. Clark folded is arms, “Well she’s been skipping class, smoking weed and I think she’s been hanging out with the gangs on campus.” “Okay so what does that have to do with me” asked Roscoe.” Well I figured you could talk to her about her disruption to the school” Explained Mr. Clark.” Roscoe shook his head, “looks sir she told me to stay out of her life so that’s what I’m going to do. Talk to my parents they’ll do something about it.” Roscoe turned away from the vice principal walking back over to the group. Hearing about Kaman’s trouble sounded like him when he joined the gang, but he knew it wasn’t going to get any worse than that.

                The rest of the morning went pretty smooth. Now with everybody hungry Roscoe heard the stories of how each one of them met. Roscoe leaned back in his seat giving out a small burp when he saw Colin at the entrance staring him down. Roscoe was getting tired of Colin’s games and he had to do something about it. He got up from his seat when Colin turned and walked down the hall, “Hey” Bridgette wiped her mouth off with a napkin, “is everything okay?” “Yeah” Roscoe smiled at her, “Just got to use the bathroom” Pushing his chair in he maneuvered his way through the cafeteria and walked down the hall.

                Seeing Colin turn down the hall Roscoe took a deep breath thinking something was about to go down. He turned the corner and instantly stopped seeing Colin and the rest of the dozen strays waiting for him. Colin smiled rubbing his hands together, “So you changed your mind about hanging with us.” Roscoe stared at them and couldn’t believe he just asked him that question, “That would be a no. I have no reason to “Hang Out” with this gang.” Colin smirked, “Well why not, you joined the strays for a reason a year and a half ago.” Roscoe sighed, “Yeah I did and it was for the wrong reasons, so I’m out.” Colin shook his head, “You can’t just leave just like that. Your a*s is on a leash just like us.” Roscoe smiled folded his arms, “Well guess what I broke the leash when I almost lost a friend.”

                Colin shrugged, “It’s just not that easy, look” Roscoe dropped his head and then looked back up at Colin, “let me put it in words you can f*****g understand. F**k you, f**k the strays and f**k what you stand for” All of the guy’s face went pail wanting to tear him limb to limb, “you are all p***y’s.” Colin shook his head laughing, “oh man you sure you don’t want to take that back?” Roscoe thought for a moment, “Let me see here” pausing for a moment, “No it’s the truth.” Okay” Colin shrugged, “You better watch your back this is the end for you.” Roscoe smiled, “The end is never near b***h. I broke the leash and whatever you try to do to scare me isn’t going to work, later MUT (MUT was a term used with other gangs pretty much saying there were useless). Roscoe turned away from the gang not regretting what he just said. Colin and the rest of the gang knew there was hell going to pay.



© 2013 Steven Ingels


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

453 Views
Added on July 23, 2013
Last Updated on July 23, 2013

Black and White - Bad to the bone


Author

Steven Ingels
Steven Ingels

Little Rock, AR



About
Let's see my name Is Steven Ingels. Writing is a time for me to let my creativity wander I'm 21 years old white male more..

Writing