Chapter Twenty two: The new guy's background

Chapter Twenty two: The new guy's background

A Chapter by Steven Ingels

Chapter twenty two: the new guys’ story

                After a night of partying with the group Roscoe woke up in the middle of the woods. He raised up like a zombie feeling his head pounding. He wasn’t very far from the house that he partied in. The sun lit up the house like it was new. He threw his head up looking up at the top of the trees and the clouds were moving away revealing the blue sky. He looked down seeing a sticky note on his shoe. He took the sticky note off and read the message “great party follows the bras and panties you’ll meet with us soonJ. He slowly got up put his index fingers on his temples and moved them around in circles as he walked by the trail of undergarments.

                After an hour following the multicolored trail Roscoe came out of the woods and smelled fine burgers from Kim castles. He smiled from ear to ear hearing his stomach growl. He walked into the fast food restaurant and saw the group in the back. He walked towards the drink machine when he heard his name, “Hey you must be Roscoe.” Roscoe turned to the counter and saw an older woman standing there with a castle on her shirt.

                This determined lady has beady smoke gray eyes. She has white hair in a style of a plume of smoke. Her skin is white. She is tall and has a plump build. She has thin eyebrows and an upturn nose. Her wardrobe is simple.

                “Uh yeah how did you know” Roscoe set his hands on the counter, “Your friends of course, I’m Kim by the way” Kim smiled, “Cool nice to meet you Kim.” Kim nodded her head, “Nice to meet you officially, so you hungry.” Roscoe sighed, “Yeah starving.” Kim turned around grabbing something behind her. She turned back around again with a tray full of food, “The moose burger with my secret sauce, chicken nuggets and fries and top drink it all down my favorite castle strawberry milkshake.

                Roscoe licked his lips already tasting the food in his mouth, “That looks amazing. How much do I owe you” Reaching into his pockets, “no, no it’s on the house.” Roscoe drowned his eyebrows, “What you sure.” Yes” Kim nodded her head, “you’re with a good group of kids and they seem to like you a lot.” Roscoe shrugged, “I guess I have that effect on people” Roscoe knew he was lying to himself, “anyways thanks for the food.” Kim smiled, “No problem.” Roscoe took the tray of food and walked to the back.

                Roscoe sat in the booth looking at the food once again, “Man this food looks good and Kim is one of the coolest cooks I know” Roscoe looked up seeing the group looking at him like he did something wrong, “What did I do?” John shook his head, “nothing we just didn’t know.” Roscoe drowned his eyebrows, “didn’t know what.” Betty touched Roscoe’s arm, “That you were in a gang.” Roscoe smirked, “how did you know that?” Nestor smiled, “because of all those tattoos you have man.” Peyton smiled, “don’t worry were not judging you. We just want to know who you are.” Roscoe bit his lip looking around the table seeing that everyone wanted to know. He didn’t want to tell them, but he had to get it off his chest, “Alright well I wasn’t normal as you think I am now…

                They didn’t judge him as he told his story to them. They asked him questions like how did the gang treat the people or like was the money good, did they kill people. It was a whole transformation after Roscoe told him his journey with the Strays he felt better about himself. The rest of the day went by fast they all went over to Kristy’s house to have a party of their own. Sunday around nine the group went over to Grady’s house to eat some breakfast and spend time with him for the rest of the day.

                The group went inside and Grady was shocked to see that Roscoe was with them, “Well, well look who has joined the cawing birds. Thought you were too cool for them.” Roscoe smirked, “Things change old man.” Grady nodded his head agreeing, “That they do, so when was the last time you had a cigarette.” Roscoe tried to remember, but his mind was all fucked up from Friday night and Saturday night, “Don’t know, but it feels good not having one.” Grady smiled, “That’s good to hear” Grady set his hand on Roscoe’s shoulder, “come inside and have breakfast. Bet you have some stories to tell now” Grady walked up to the porch and went inside greeting the kids. Roscoe felt proud of himself also even though a lot of stuff had gone bad he felt like things were going to be normal again.

 



© 2013 Steven Ingels


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

491 Views
Added on July 26, 2013
Last Updated on July 26, 2013

Black and White - Bad to the bone


Author

Steven Ingels
Steven Ingels

Little Rock, AR



About
Let's see my name Is Steven Ingels. Writing is a time for me to let my creativity wander I'm 21 years old white male more..

Writing