Chapter 27: Show N Tell

Chapter 27: Show N Tell

A Chapter by Steven Ingels

          Roscoe ran up on Grady’s porch lifting himself up on the porch railing, “Well looks like you’re in a good mood” Grady sipped is tea, “Yeah I guess I am” Roscoe said smiling from ear to ear, “Well what happened” Grady asked. Roscoe sighed, “I tried out for the guys’ soccer team.” Grady smirked chuckling, “What you’re on Dirksberg suckhish team wow he must be really desperate.” Roscoe shook his head, “Well I’m not really on the team until he talks to someone about it, so he just making me be his assistant for now.” “Yup he is desperate” putting his tea mug down he got up from his chair, “follow me” Grady went inside. Roscoe hopped down from the railing and went into the living room to see what Grady had to show him.

          Grady grabbed a trophy down from the mantel and walked over to Roscoe, “This is a trophy I got when I played Soccer” Roscoe took it reading the scription, “Grady Steele 2nd place for best Effort” Roscoe looked up at Grady, “you got a trophy for best effort.” Grady sighed, “Unfortunately yes that game was a big one” Grady took the trophy back sitting on the couch, “So what Happened” Roscoe asked sitting down on the couch. Grady hadn’t talked about this game in forever, “The Looney pumpkins had the ball and Yes we are the Looney pumpkins don’t ask me about the name” Grady stared at the trophy, “it was all tied up. Sampson kicked the ball down the field zig zag to the right kicking it right to Oversaw. Oversaw drag, scissor between two opponents and kicked the ball to Yule. Yule did a fake hip swivel around three opponents and quickly kicked the ball to me.

          I was in the clear and moved straight for the goalie. As soon as I picked up my right foot my body cringed and I fell to the floor holding my chest.” “What you were having a heart attack?” Grady shook his head, “worse a stroke not enough oxygen going to the brain. Being twenty three you would have never thought that it would happen to you” “Wow” Roscoe shook his head, “So what happened.” The other team won and I went to the hospital never to play soccer again.

          “Man that sucks” Roscoe shook his head, “Yeah well that’s life” Grady shrugged, “just because you’re young and think that your invisible doesn’t mean a stroke can’t happen to you.” Roscoe nodded his head, “Good to know uh you mind if a stay here for awhile.” Not at all” Grady got up from the couch putting the trophy back on the mantle, “I’ll be in my room if you need me” Grady walked down the hallway and closed his door. Roscoe put his hands behind his head staring at the trophy until he fell asleep on the couch.



© 2013 Steven Ingels


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

468 Views
Added on July 28, 2013
Last Updated on July 28, 2013

Black and White - Bad to the bone


Author

Steven Ingels
Steven Ingels

Little Rock, AR



About
Let's see my name Is Steven Ingels. Writing is a time for me to let my creativity wander I'm 21 years old white male more..

Writing