Chapter 31: Graffiti Wars

Chapter 31: Graffiti Wars

A Chapter by Steven Ingels

Chapter 31: Graffiti Wars

                After school Roscoe walked to his locker when Emery quickly ran up to Roscoe catching his breath, “Bro we need your help.” “With what” Roscoe asked, “A rival team is on our turf and is trying to take it over. They have someone new and they want you to challenge them.” Roscoe smiled nodded his head, “Sweet.” Emery sighed, “Yeah come on we better hurry.” Emery quickly tan off down the hall and Roscoe was right behind him anxious to see what he could do.

                Walking a block from school they went down an ally meeting up with the black hoods. Mia was face to face with Gerald from the white Zebras.

This guy puts you in mind of a dangerous spider. He has slanted green eyes that are like two clumps of moss. His luxurious, straight, chalk-white hair is worn in a style that reminds you of a fluttering flag. He's got a short beard and a moustache. He is short and has a broad-shouldered build. His skin is pale. He has an elegant nose and small ears. His wardrobe is simple, and is completely red

                “So Gerald you ready to get beaten” Geraldo smirked throwing his head back, “That’s very unlikely” He turned to a kid, “Aden you’re up” A kid in a white hood moved his way through the team and walked over to a wall. Roscoe came up to the front and Mia had a few words to say, “This kid I heard he’s pretty good his letters and flawless techniques, so make sure you get his right.” Roscoe nodded his head, “Yea sure no problem” Roscoe walked up to the wall facing the team, “Okay” An older man came into the middle of the two teams, “I expect this to be a good clean match. The art is in your hands so let it speak to you, good luck and spray. Aden quickly turned towards the wall and started his art. Roscoe faced the wall and thought what he could do.

                An hour in a half later both guys were done with spray paint on their clothes. They stepped back looking at what they did. The older man looked at the paintings and started to judge them in his head. Aden painted the word Courage lime green and had three balloons on each corner of the word. They had Greek gods in each balloon.

                Roscoe created the word Dispositive �" involving or affecting disposition or settlement: A dispositive clue in a case of embezzlement. Inside the word was red and black and on the lining of the word was a bright orange making the word pop. On the bottom right corner had his initials and on the left corner he painted a bong making the smoke look like the word.

                The man turned around to the teams and smiled, “Black hoods won” A burst of cheering went on and the white Zebras fell in defeat. Roscoe walked over to Aden, “Good job, now give me your hood.” What” The kid drowned his eyebrows looking over at Geraldo, “Rules are rules” The kid sighed taking off his hood and giving it to Roscoe. The week went by fast. Graffiti teams from all over came to Red Star to challenge the black hoods and every time the Black hoods won. Roscoe got a collection of different colored hoodies.

                Friday around six Mia and the Black hoods walked up to Roscoe, “We would like to thank you for letting us go further than we had ever gone” one of the guys handed Mia a black hood, “This good I’m about to give you is a part of all of us, so we officially welcome you to the black hoods” Roscoe took the hood and looked at with pride and was glad he was making a difference in his life.



© 2013 Steven Ingels


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

505 Views
Added on July 30, 2013
Last Updated on July 30, 2013

Black and White - Bad to the bone


Author

Steven Ingels
Steven Ingels

Little Rock, AR



About
Let's see my name Is Steven Ingels. Writing is a time for me to let my creativity wander I'm 21 years old white male more..

Writing