Cold feet

Cold feet

A Poem by Steven Ingels

Confident that He was ready to begin his life with her. I stood in the front waiting patiently for the music to start. He looked at his buddies next to him and He knew they were by my side no matter what happens.

The traditional music came on the double doors opened and out came the brides maids in there pink dresses. They held daisies in there hands as they stood at the alter smiling from ear to ear.

Family, friends, and guests stood up happy to see the bride to be. Her father walked down the aisle proud to be there and proud to be her father. He locked eyes with her knowing this was going to be one of the greatest adventures if a lifetime. Then it happened.

She stopped in the middle of the aisle pulling her arm out of her dads grip. "I'm sorry" she said as she picked up her dress and ran out of the church. Surprise shocked everyone including him.

His wedding day was thought to be one of the luckiest days, but it soon turned into a nightmare. He later found out that his fiancé was having an affair with his brother. Now just imagine the family reunion.

© 2013 Steven Ingels


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

enjoyed this a lot...


very different.



Posted 6 Years Ago


fiction because I dare you to tell me that is truth.
witty, clever, blitz twist .. funny if that was your intention

Posted 10 Years Ago


A dream turned into a nightmare! Sad thing is, things like this do happen! This poem kind of reminded me of the film "The Graduate." Nicely penned.

Posted 10 Years Ago


I really like it, especially the ending. A family reunion, it is. I just wish you added more depth to it like describing the whole experience in more detail so that the readers will feel like they are in the wedding with you. Other than that, you have a very good concept here.

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

278 Views
4 Reviews
Added on August 21, 2013
Last Updated on August 21, 2013

Author

Steven Ingels
Steven Ingels

Little Rock, AR



About
Let's see my name Is Steven Ingels. Writing is a time for me to let my creativity wander I'm 21 years old white male more..

Writing