Chapter 33: The game

Chapter 33: The game

A Chapter by Steven Ingels

October 7th 2008

Red Star high school

Wednesday, 9:45 P.M.

            Like usual everyone in Red Star didn’t care about the boys’ soccer team. They have lost every game and nothing exciting happened. The school did broadcast it on the television just in case if they wanted to see how Lyle’s vile was doing. As the team loaded up on the bus Cash gave a nod to Roscoe, “Hey looks like someone wants to talk to you.” Roscoe turned around seeing Karman at the top of the stairs with her arms folded, “What in the hell does she want” roscoe sighed giving his duffle bag to Cash, “I’ll be back” Roscoe turned around walking up to Karman, “anything you have to say to me isn’t going to mean a thing.” Karman unfolded her arms, “I know I just need your help.” Roscoe smirked, “My help what do you need my help for. Why don’t you ask your drug dealers for help?” Karman knew this would be tough to talk to her brother about, “I can’t this is a different situation then drugs.” Roscoe sighed folding his arms, “how different can it get. I’ve tried helping you, but you just want to do what you want to do I’m sorry Karman karma is a b***h, later” Roscoe walked back down the stairs getting onto the bus. Karman sighed walking back inside.

            Roscoe sat down in the seat leaning his head on the window noticing it was quiet on the bus. He took his head off and looked at the back of the bus seeing the team quiet, depressed and not motivated. Roscoe leaned over to the coach, “Coach isn’t your job to be giving your team some kind of speech” Coach Dirksberg shrugged, “what’s the point were going to lose anyways. Even with Roscoe on the team Dirksberg was confident that they were going to lose. Roscoe sat back looking over at Cash. Cash gave him a nod and Roscoe got out of his seat, “Do you guys want to be like this for the rest of your high school experience. Being unconfident is unhealthy yeah you have lost most of your games, but come on this team has changed” pausing for a moment looking at the teams faces, “when I first started helping you guys all of you guys sucked. Arthur couldn’t even kick the ball without falling. Now he can kick the ball and keep going. Brandon was afraid of the ball coming towards him now he can catch the balls without being afraid. You see we are a changed team and we should be stoked about going to this game.

            “How were facing Lyle’s Ville” Rodriquez said, “There the best team in Montana. When they score the game is over.” Roscoe nodded his head, “Well that might be the case, but you have a secret weapon.” You” Arthur said, “No you have teamwork. Now I don’t know what Lyle’s vile have, but let’s stop them and win a game so what do you say your with me or not because we can just get off this bus and you can go home and wonder what today would be like” Roscoe stopped talking and the bus was quiet and then a roar of cheers came from everyone. Roscoe sat back down shaking hands with Cash, “Man I thought you were going to go Coach Bombay there for a second. Roscoe shrugged, “I was working on it.” Coach Dirksberg was pumped up by the speech and he was anxious to get on the field. The bus driver turned on the bus and drove off the game.

Whites Park

            It was like a desert at White’s park. It was only the referee’s, Red Star, and two older gentlemen on the away team’s bleachers. Those older gentleman have been going to the games for sixteen years and even though they were the only people there they had some fun, “Hey Arthur how do you know when a blonde has been making chocolate chip cookies” Asked Johnson. Arthur thought for a moment, “Uh I don’t know, what.” You find M&M shells all over the kitchen” Arthur chuckled, “Oh that’s a good one” shaking his head as he still laughed, “Yup” Johnson said leaning back looking over at Red Star, “So you think there going to win today?” “No” Arthur quickly said, “There the same team as last year.” Johnson nodded his head, “True, but it looks like they have some new players on the team.” Arthur shrugged, “Yeah it doesn’t really mean anything. Remember they had Joey Christopher the Red Star savior.” Johnson smirked, “Oh yeah they said he was like Flash on the field, but on actually game day he was like slow as molasses.” Arthur threw up his hands, “Well I guess well have to see Red Star getting creamed again.” Johnson nodded his head, “Yup hey why couldn’t the blonde call 911?” Arthur shrugged, “I don’t know, what?” Johnson smiled, “Because there’s no 11 on the phone” the men chuckled more. Down on the field there was no laughing matter.

            “So is this what it’s like very game” Asked Roscoe to Coach Dirksberg, “Yup” Coach nodded his head, “they think they can because they won every game..” isn’t that illegal” asked Roscoe, “Yeah but somehow coach Sims is paying off the refs. If it was for me I would fire his a*s on the spot.” Roscoe set his hand on his coaches shoulder, “One day coach one day” suddenly a roar came over the park with loud noise. About fifty cars, three buses were arriving and ready for the game to start.

            It didn’t take long for students’, parents, and guests settled down. Lyle’s vile took the field and started practicing immedialty. Coach Dirksberg walked to the middle of the field meeting up with coach Sims.

            This gentleman puts you in mind of a randy rabbit. He has slanted purple eyes that are like two drops of wine. His fine, straight cream-colored hair is worn in a style that reminds you of aurora borealis. His is short and has an muscled build. His skin is white. He has a large nose and prominent cheekbones. His wardrobe is athletic with a gray color scheme.

            Sims folded his arms smirking at Dirksberg, “I’m surprised that the school hasn’t cut the soccer program. Shouldn’t you be retiring about now.” Dirksberg smirked shaking is head, “no I shouldn’t guess I’m just short of retiring. Sims licked his lips, “Right so why don’t you just forfeit right now. We all know were going to win.” Dirksberg sighed, “You probably are, but uh I think this season is going to change.” Sims smiled, “Really how so?” Dirksberg looked back seeing Roscoe and Cash then he looked back over at Sims, “We got talent, what do your guys have.” Sims gave a half smile, “A winning record, later Ducksberg” Sims turned around walking back over to his side.

Dirksberg walked back over to his side gathering up his team, “Alright so Sims is confident that he’s going to win this game” pausing for a moment, “but let’s change that, I know you guys are torn apart by every game (Oh hey guys by the way the older guys on the team are jr’s and seniors Roscoe and cash are the only freshman on the team) we have lost, but since we have Roscoe and Cash I think we can at least win by one. Can you guys manage that” The team nodded there heads, “Rodriquez inform them of our rival players” Dirksberg turned away drawing up some plans. Rodriquez told Roscoe about the top players of the team. Hopefully this game will be smooth.

Lyle’s vile started with the ball. James Cameron the captain of the team kicked the ball in going straight to Louis Hartwell the co captain. Louis ran down the field with the ball like usual dodging the opponents. It was as easy as pie, so they started to play with them. Louis kicked it over to Casey. Casey popped the ball up on his feet kicking it from side to side. Doug ran with the ball knocking James to the ground.  Doug quickly kicked it to Nick. Nick did the can, can with the ball as he moved down the field. The crowd was loving every last minute of it. Nick then kicked it to James. James stopped looking back seeing Red Star on the ground. He smirked turning back swinging his right leg back when Cash knocked him down. He had lost the ball and everyone was in shock.

Sim’s was even shocked by what happened. His star player just got the ball taken away from him. Cash quickly moved down the field spinning around the rival team. They were trying there hard to get the ball, but with Cash’s fancy feet work they couldn’t. Cash kicked it to Rodriquez. Rodriquez went to the left of the field kicking it to pork. Pork took the ball running down the field when he slipped over a sprinkler head that was sticking up. The ball was lose and luckily Roscoe was there to get it. He moved down the field seeing Louis coming up. Louis slid for the ball, but roscoe stuck the ball between his feet and did a front flip with the ball over Louis. Roscoe landed back on his feet and moved the ball forward. Roscoe looked toward the goalie and smiled. He kicked the ball up and watched it soar to the goal. Lyle’s vile heart raced seeing this amazing play. The goalie dove for the ball touching the ball with his fingertips and the ball went into the goal.

            The whole field was silent except for Red Star they were just excited that they just got their first goal. Suddenly the bleachers were booing they didn’t like what just happened. Sims called time out slowly running over to Dirksberg. Dirksberg had a huge smile on his face especially when he saw Sims pail face, “Uh what was that” Asked Sims, “oh that was Roscoe our star player. Told you this season has changed.” Sims didn’t like what had just happened. He walked back over his side calling over James, “sorry coach I didn’t expect that.” Sims sighed in anger, “Neither did I, but don’t let that happen again. They only scored one goal. So remember what we do in practice and keep an eye on that Roscoe kid. James gave a nod, “Got it” he walked back onto the Field.

Arthur nodded his head, “Well wasn’t that something.” Johnson smirked, “Yeah it’s more than something it’s someone.” Arthur shook his head, “So you want to make a bet.” Johnson drowned his eyebrows, “What kind of bet?” Arthur thought for a moment, “Well this Red Star wins every game and goes to the sour bowl you have to take out Hilary Greets for dinner every night of the week. Johnson hated hat idea, but he came up with a better plan, “Okay if they lose you have to take out Hilary Greets, take her out to dinner, and have sex with her with different positions. Arthur thought for a moment, “Fine, but I’m going to win.” Johnson shook his head, “Hey Arthur what’s the difference between parsley and p***y?” Arthur shrugged, “I don’t know what.”  Johnson smiled, “nobody eats parsley” The two men laughed again waiting to see what this game had to offer.

The whole game was just one big upset. Red star had seven points and Lyle’s vile had one. The reason why is because Brandon was distracted b a girl. Red Star had won this game. Coach Sims was very confused of what just happened as he shook dirksberg hand, “didn’t know you had it in you Edgar.” Dirksberg smiled, “hey it happens hey when you get on the bus go easy on them. Coach Sims, “not a chance. Sims walked off to the bus to discuss what happened on the field. Dirksberg was proud of today’s game and he was soon the proudest wettest coach of today as the team poured Gatorade on him to celebrate.

            When Red Star got back on campus there was a huge crowd cheering for them. It was the best moment of their life’s having a school cheering for the soccer team. As Roscoe got off the bus Bridgett ran up to Roscoe kissing him on the lips, “now that’s a game winning kiss” Roscoe threw up his hands to the crowd, “Excuse me people of Red Star this is the most exciting moments in Red Star let’s not forget that. Hopefully I could see most of you come to the games and see what we have for Bryson, let the games begin” The crowd cheered as everyone crowed around Roscoe and the team.



© 2013 Steven Ingels


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

425 Views
Added on August 30, 2013
Last Updated on August 30, 2013

Black and White - Bad to the bone


Author

Steven Ingels
Steven Ingels

Little Rock, AR



About
Let's see my name Is Steven Ingels. Writing is a time for me to let my creativity wander I'm 21 years old white male more..

Writing