Chapter 34: The mark of life

Chapter 34: The mark of life

A Chapter by Steven Ingels

October 25th 2008

            The games were even more packed with Red Star students when the games came around. Eight games won and there was no stopping them. With today off Roscoe walked inside school early in the morning when Bridgett came up having a worried look on her face, “Babe what’s wrong” asked Roscoe setting his hands on her hips, “it’s my parents” she sighed, “they want to meet you” roscoe drowned hid eyebrows wondering what was wrong with that.” Bridgette bit her lip, “well uh because, so you want to go.” Roscoe nodded his head, “Sure why not.” Bridgette scratched her head, “Okay this is confusing usually when girls tell their boyfriends that their parents want to meet them they freak out.” Roscoe smiled, “Well I’m not freaking out am I. I would love to meet them.” Bridgette smiled, “Okay, but there is also one problem. It’s on Halloween night and I know there is a big Halloween party going on and if you don’t want to go then I can tell y parents and…” Roscoe planted a kiss on Bridgette’s lips, “I told you I’m going I could miss one party.” Bridgette smiled from ear to ear, “well then I’ll go tell my parents and was that kiss just to get me to shut up,” No” Roscoe shook his head trying not to smile, “you jerk” Bridgette hit Roscoe’s shoulder. Roscoe laughed as he picked her up and kissed her in the middle of the hallway

Pablo’s pizza

            During lunch Roscoe, Cash and Ervin were eating some pizza with some fries and some malt shakes. Cash took a slice of pizza putting it on his plate sprinkling some cheese on it, “so Ervin you going to the Halloween party.” Ervin took a sip of his drink, “no I’m staying in helping my mom pass out candy.” Cash shook his head, “Dude don’t you do that every night.” Yeah” Ervin nodded his head, “It’s a family tradition.” Whatever” Cash said sighing biting into his slice, “I know Roscoe is going. It’s going to be epic. There going to have candy apples with cannabis and smoking hot girls in sexy, tight costumes.” Roscoe nodded his head, “Yeah it’s to bad I’m going to miss it.” Cash jaw dropped, “what your kidding right?”

            Roscoe leaned back in his seat, “wish I was I’m meeting my girls parents that night.” Cash threw his head back stressed, “No f*****g way, come on dude you have to get out of this.” I can’t” Roscoe threw up his hands, “I told her I would go besides it’s just one party I’m missing.” Tank shook his head, “You think it’s just one party. What if this one party changes your life? Roscoe smiled, “Dude it will be okay.: Cash smirked, “yeah maybe for you this is going to be the worst part ever” Roscoe laughed thinking that Cash was over extracting just a little bit.

Red Star High school

            Coming back on center Roscoe walked up to the fourth floor like he always did when everyone else was in class. He went up the stairwell to go to the top of the school. When he got all the way up he stopped seeing a brick holding the door open. He drowned his eyebrows thinking it was weird, but probably maintenance had to come up and look at the air conditioners. Pushing the door open the rays of the sun hit Roscoe’s face. He closed the door slowly walking to the left he glanced over seeing principal bright and Neil. He quickly disappeared from sight wondering what they were doing on the roof. He listened in on there conversation.

            “Principal Bright come on we have to do something about Roscoe” complained Neil, “WE can’t do anything Neil. Skylar told us to wait” Principal Bright explained, “Wait for what” Neil threw up his arms, “We got him here and we can take him out.” I know” Principal bright set his hands on his hips, “but we can’t. All we can do is make sure he doesn’t find out about this conversation can you do that” Neil sighed, “Yeah I guess I can.” Good” Principal bright gave a nod, “Now I’ll let you know when Skylar is coming so you can make your plans. Now let’s get off this roof before someone sees us” Bright and Neil walked towards the door and Roscoe quickly moved away from the door on the other side. Neil kicked the brick away as the door closed and locked. Besides that Roscoe was locked out he was just informed that Skylar knew he was here and he was coming after him.

            Roscoe quickly forgot about what he heard on the roof. Since then he had smoked weed on the roof since he was locked out. An hour later the janitor came up and let him in. now that school was over Roscoe saw his sister Karman arguing with Arthur from the soccer team. As soon as it started It ended as Arthur walked away. Karman was about to go after him when she saw her brother quickly walking away.

            Roscoe walked out of school walking down the stairs drowning his eyebrows when he saw Thalia, “Um what is my parents divorce lawyer doing here.” Thalia smiled, “Well for one I’m here to see my nephew.” Roscoe smirked, “wait you’re my aunt.” Thalia nodded her head, “Yeah I’m your dad’s sister. He hasn’t told you.” No” Roscoe shook his head, “he really never spoke about his side before. Are you the only one?” My sister Tryst” Thalia said, “so you want to go to lunch or do you have something to do.” Roscoe thought for a moment, “Sure I can go out with my big booty aunt.” Thalia shook her head, “Watch it.” Thalia smiled walking around her car to get into the drivers seat. Roscoe got into the car getting to know his fathers side a little bit better.

            About eight o clock Thalia drove Roscoe home. Roscoe hugged his aunt and went inside the house. Rusty came up to Roscoe and Roscoe noticed something about her. She didn’t have the same color like she did before. Roscoe sighed petting her on the head as he walked up stairs. Walking to his room he smelled something funky. He turned to the bathroom and heard someone throwing up. He opened up the door seeing Karman with her face and hair all in the toilet. About to close the door to give her some privacy he looked down at the counter and saw a white stick with a plus in the middle of it.

            Karman sat back against the wall after throwing up and looked over seeing her brother looking at the pregnancy test, “You know this isn’t what I wanted.” Roscoe looked up at his sister, “What is it that you want?” Karman sighed, “A normal life” Roscoe smirked, “Well we both fucked up with that” Roscoe set the stick down back on the counter and sat next to Karman, “So is it Arthur’s” Karman nodded his head, “Yeah, but of course he deny’s it.”  Roscoe sighed putting his head against the wall, “you know were in this together.” Karman looked over at her brother, “What do you mean?” Well” Roscoe sighed, “Dad is in his own world. Our older sisters are pretty much there, but not there and our younger sisters just don’t want anything to do with us. So it’s just you and me.” Karman nodded her head, “Yeah I just don’t know what I’m going to do with this thing inside me” Roscoe smiled, “Well think of something. You really mean that” Karman gave a half smile, “after I said I don’t want you in my life.” Of course” Roscoe smirked, “plus your carrying my niece or nephew.” Jerk” Karman pushed Roscoe, “you only care what’s inside of me.” Yes” Roscoe gave a nod, “and I also care about the outside too. I don’t want to lose you, I love you.” Karman blushed, “I love” Karman covered her mouth as she went back to the toilet. Having that brother sister bonding time was good, but Roscoe realized something that he should of taken the oppruitunity instead of shinning it on.



© 2013 Steven Ingels


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

491 Views
Added on August 30, 2013
Last Updated on August 30, 2013

Black and White - Bad to the bone


Author

Steven Ingels
Steven Ingels

Little Rock, AR



About
Let's see my name Is Steven Ingels. Writing is a time for me to let my creativity wander I'm 21 years old white male more..

Writing