Chapter 37: Family break

Chapter 37: Family break

A Chapter by Steven Ingels

November 20th 2008

Friday 3:45 P.M.

            Everyone was saying goodbye because of the week of thanksgiving. Roscoe and cash were talking when Brianna, Ryder, Darla, Peyton, Bobbi, and Betty came up hugging the guys. They were going on a snow trip. The guys shook hands with Roscoe as they walked off behind the girls. Bridgette came up to Roscoe with a sad look on her face, “I’m going to miss you. Wish you could come.” Roscoe smiled, “Me too, but don’t worry this week is going to go by fast.” I hope so” Bridgette sighed, “I’ll call you when I get to Kentucky” Bridgette kissed Roscoe as she walked outside. Karman came up as Roscoe put his arm around her, “you really for the thanksgiving feast.” Yes” Karman said, “But what do you think mom will say.” Roscoe for a moment, “She’ll say don’t worry baby everything will be just fine.” Karman rolled her eyes at Roscoe’s impression of mom, “good one” roscoe and Karman walked out getting into Sidneys car.

Billings, Montana

Friday 6:30 P.M.

            Arriving at there mom’s house Noreen was very excited to see her daughters and son. Karman and Roscoe were the last ones to hug her, “so how’s school going.” Good” both said in unison, “mom I need to talk to you about something.” Noreen folded her arms, “What’s that.” Karman took a deep breath, “I’m pregnant.” Noreen dropped her arms and smiled hugging her daughter, “don’t worry baby everything will be just fine” Roscoe smiled knowing his mom pretty well, “Well go inside and well take about what we are doing tonight” Karman smiled going into the house, “So you…” Noreen slapped Roscoe’s cheek. Maybe he didn’t know his mom very well, “Dam did not see that one coming.”

            Noreen sighed, “How could you let this happen.” Roscoe rubbed his cheek, “I didn’t let it happen she let that happen. I have my own life and she has her’s so don’t blame me for what she did.” Noreen sighed, “sorry just wish you told me soon then later. Does your dad know.” Roscoe shook his head, “No and we don’t plan on telling him.” Noreen folded her arms shaking her head, “you know that’s not right.” “He’s not right” roscoe said, “He dosen’t even bother with his children. Did you know that Tatiana or better known as Esmerlda isn’t acting anymore. What is up with that.” Noreen thought for a moment, “Think about hun you so badly wanted to be in a gang. She’s picking it up from you and hopefully she’ll grow out and go back to her regular self.” Roscoe threw his hands up, “I didn’t go back to my regular self.” Noreen set her hand on Roscoe’s cheek, “Because you matured very rapidly and I’m glad you did. Who knows where you would be now.” “Really do I have to answer that” Noreen gave a half smile, “right well let’s get inside” Noreen wrapped her arm around Roscoe’s arm, “So tell me about this new girl in your life” Roscoe smiled telling his mom about Bridgett as they walked inside.

            The week went by really fast. Thanksgiving was a blast. It turned into a huge food fight then eating it. It was good for Roscoe because he hadn't really been there with his sisters of what they had gone through when Roscoe was in the gang. Sunday around six the girls were packing up their stuff and Roscoe and his mom were at the table eating a pie. Roscoe looked over at his mom seeing the sadness in her eyes, “Um mom is everything okay” Noreen licked her lips, “Yeah why do you ask?” Roscoe sighed, “Because you've been staring at the pie for the last five minutes,” Noreen sighed setting her fork down on the napkin and sat back, “My father is sick and my brothers have been down there taking care of him and I feel like I’m the outcast not doing my part.” Roscoe nodded his head, “I see so why don’t you just go down there and visit for a while.” Noreen gave a half smile, “it’s not going to be just a visit… I’m going to be living there.

            Roscoe did not see that coming it was her idea of moving down here, but he couldn't blame her nothing has been right since the move, “Wow that’s big. Have you told the girls.” Noreen nodded her head, “Yea they’re sad but they know it’s the right choice. I’m taking Adriana and Tatiana with me.” Roscoe sighed looking at his reflection in the table, “Well mom it’s for the best. Sorry for what happened this year.” Noreen picked up her fork, “it’s not your fault it’s nobody’s fault.” Sidney came in the room, “Hey were leaving now” Noreen got up and said goodbye to the girls. She hugged Roscoe kissing him on the cheek, “remember to call me and tell me what you have been doing.” I will” Roscoe gave a another big hug to his mom, “I love you” Roscoe walked out of the dinning room and out of the house getting into his sisters car. 



© 2013 Steven Ingels


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

348 Views
Added on September 3, 2013
Last Updated on September 3, 2013

Black and White - Bad to the bone


Author

Steven Ingels
Steven Ingels

Little Rock, AR



About
Let's see my name Is Steven Ingels. Writing is a time for me to let my creativity wander I'm 21 years old white male more..

Writing