Chapter 40: The Fallen Star

Chapter 40: The Fallen Star

A Chapter by Steven Ingels

Monday 6:30 A.M.

            Roscoe couldn’t sleep at all the weekend thinking about Friday night’s disaster. Coming down stairs he saw Thalia on the couch talking to Karman. She looked over and smiled, “Hey wow you don’t look so good.” Roscoe sighed, “Well I don’t feel so good.” Well I could make you some soup you’ll be better in an hour.” Roscoe smirked, “Nah do you have something for cheating on your girlfriend.” Karman gasped, “you cheated on Bridgette.” Roscoe scratched his head, “I didn’t mean too. I was drunk and I was rapped by two hot girls and I have no clue what to do.” Thalia licked her lips, “you need to tell her.” I know” Roscoe said, “But I don’t know how too.” Thalia thought for a moment, “Well that’s why you’re talking to your aunt. I was a pro of cheating on my d********g boyfriend.” Your proud of that” Karman said, “No I’m not” Thalia shrugged, “I made a few mistakes of when I was younger and I learned from it” Thalia looked over at Roscoe, “So do you want my advice.” Roscoe sighed, “I guess” Roscoe walked around the couch sitting next to his aunt as she explained of what to do in his situation.

Red Star high School

            The advice that his aunt told him was pretty informing. He sighed looked at the front doors feeling burning sensation in his chest, stomach and head. He walked up the stairs opening up the door and instantly saw the enemy. He quickly turned away from her and his eyes widened seeing Bridgett about twenty feet from him. Right there he wanted to avoid her for the rest of the day, but he couldn’t he had to stand up and face reality. He started walking and Cash came up seeing his face pail white, “sorry buddy” thanks” Cash moved out of the way as Roscoe walked up to Bridgette.

            “hi are you feeling better” Bridgette said putting her hands on his chest” Roscoe sighed throwing up his head, “Bridgette I cheated on you at the party Friday.” Bridgette paused and then gave a half smile, “no you didn’t stop joking.” I’m not joking Bridgette” Roscoe said, “I made a mistake and I don’t expect you to forgive me. I broke the promise.” Bridgette eyes watered up, “No why.” Roscoe shook his head, “I didn’t plan on it.” Tears fell down Bridgett’s eyes taking her hands on his chest, “um I don’t ever talk to me again” Bridgett quickly turned around running down the hall. Raven jaw dropped as the other girls went after Bridgett, “You cheated on her didn’t you” Roscoe sighed throwing up his arms when Raven slapped him in the face and walked over to see Bridgett. Savannah skipped over, “Hey I had fun Friday night did you.” Roscoe face turned red staring at Savannah, “F**k you.” Savannah smiled, “You already did.” Roscoe scratched his head, “Savannah you took advantage of me and now my relationship with Bridgett is over, so have fun sleeping around and being the w***e of the school” Roscoe brushed by Savannah’s shoulder and he didn’t care if he offended Savannahs or not.

            Through half of the day Roscoe was on the roof-smoking weed. A shadow went over him. He turned around seeing Mr. Clark standing behind him. You know your not supposed to be smoking weed on campus right.” Roscoe gave a nod, “Yeah, but you going to expel me.” Mr. Clark thought for a moment, “no I’m not” Mr. Clark sat next to Roscoe, “I should but I would be getting rid of a rising star.” Roscoe smirked, “More like a fallen star” Taking a hit of the joint, “You cheated on your girlfriend huh.” Roscoe shrugged, “You got it. How did you find out about it?” Mr. Clark sighed, “Word gets around fast. So what are you going to do?” roscoe shrugged, “There’s not much to do I cheated and I need to pay for it.” Mr. Clark licked his lips, “Well Mr. Rizzo mistakes happen, but don’t be to hard on yourself it will hurt you in the meantime.” Mr. Clark got up, “I’m going to be back up here in ten minutes and I want you to be gone.” Mr. Clark turned away walking downstairs. Roscoe continued smoking the joint thinking about what Mr. Clark had said.

            School was over and Roscoe appeared in the hall as everyone chatted about what he had done. He saw Raven, Ryder and Brianna giving him a evil stare. Bridgett was just looking at her shoes still down from this morning. Betty, and Bobbi came up to Roscoe, “Hey I’m just letting you know were still your friend I just think we should lay low for awhile. Hope you’re not mad.” Roscoe shook his head, “no I understand I’ll see you guys around” Betty smiled and so did Bobbi as they walked down the hall. Roscoe sighed walking out of school going to meet Cash in the parking lot when Bridgett came up. It was awkward and Roscoe didn’t know why she was standing in front of him, “Um” pulling her hair back, “I know you didn’t mean to do what you did, but I don’t think we should be friends anymore.” Roscoe gave a nod, “okay.” Bridgette sighed, “This is harder then I’ve ever thought.” Roscoe sighed, “Yeah later Bridgette” Roscoe walked past her going to the parking. Bridgette wanted to forgive Roscoe, but she couldn't figure how to say it since her friends weren't on his side.

Grady’s house

            Walking up on the porch Grady grunted at Roscoe, “heard you cheated on Bridgette.” Roscoe sighed, “Yeah it sucks.” “Well how you going to fix it?” Roscoe thought for a moment, “Still trying to figure that out.” Grady gave a nod, “Well once you do fix it you can come back to the nest” Roscoe drowned is eyebrows, “Are you kicking me out of here.” Grady cleared his throat, “no he isn’t” Raven quickly came out of the house, “We are you don’t deserve to be in the nest since you cheated on my girl.” Roscoe smirked, “whatever pretend I never saved your a*s from dying” Roscoe turned around when Raven threw a bottle at Roscoe, “You did save my life, but I can’t be friends with a cheater.” Roscoe sighed, “Fine then don’t talk to me for the rest of the four years I’m in high school. Have someone else come to your rescue, later old man” Roscoe walked off Grady’s property feeling like he had nothing left.



© 2013 Steven Ingels


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

422 Views
Added on September 5, 2013
Last Updated on September 5, 2013

Black and White - Bad to the bone


Author

Steven Ingels
Steven Ingels

Little Rock, AR



About
Let's see my name Is Steven Ingels. Writing is a time for me to let my creativity wander I'm 21 years old white male more..

Writing