Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by Squee
"

This is the prologue. It focuses on the 'main' main character Kari and her coming into her powers

"

  

The tree on the edge of town didn’t give much protection from the summer sun’s rays. A girl of 16 looked up from her seat in the roots of the great tree to watch the limbs sway in the slight breeze. The tree had always been a safe spot, whenever life in the small valley town got to be too much, she would seek refuge in its shadow. The heat today was unbearable. The heat in her house, the sun beating down on her, even the shadow she sat in felt hot today.

            The breeze strengthened to a wind and the tree swayed. A pair of remarkable eyes turned to watch a cloud laze across the sky, its shadow following slowly after it.

            ‘Maybe it will feel better under the cloud….’ She thought lazily, standing slowly brunette waist length hair being tossed in a wind she didn’t feel, and made her way towards the shadow. Mismatched eyes showed disappointment as the cloud provided no respite. In the strengthening wind the shadow shifted quickly and she was under the sun once more. It was then the heat became too much, sweat began pouring from her body, soaking her clothes only for the heat to dry them instantly. The sun grew and became the color of campfire flames, the body temperature still rising, she fell to her knees. The image of a dragon flashed in front of her eyes, she reached to touch it, for it was beautiful, as it faded flames shot from her hands arcing towards the tree, incinerating it instantly. ‘what a shame’, she thought idly, ‘it was so beautiful too.’ With that final thought in her head she passed out, as she fell she heard her name being called, but darkness claimed her and heat left her body.

“Kari!!!!!”



© 2009 Squee


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

....???????????

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

138 Views
1 Review
Added on August 18, 2009
Last Updated on August 18, 2009


Author

Squee
Squee

Jefferson, GA



About
I'm 18 years old and i live in Jefferson Georgia i have never had anything pulished anywhere letalone on the web. im laid back and easy. i write mostly working on my book now. more..

Writing