Dear Jane Austen

Dear Jane Austen

A Story by Nichole Marie
"

I had to write an essay on how "Pride and Prejudice" made me feel and/or relate.

"

 

In Pride and Prejudice you can immediately assume that your book has absolutely nothing in common with today’s modern society that I live in. I, however, disagree firmly. Although the time and functions of your world and mine are completely different the characters that walk among us are surprisingly the same and or similar. There’s the mother who only wants what is ‘best’ for her children by having them all married off, the father who has a keen sense of humor who would rather his daughters marry when they choose, then there are the five daughters. Each one stands out in their own particular way. I found through reading this book that I can relate to Elizabeth and Jane the most. Jane is a very shy girl who has a hard time expressing her feelings even when it’s at the point that such emotions should be expressed, because Jane is so emotionally challenged like myself I found that I too was devastated when she received news that Mr. Bingly, the man that she was so deeply in liking to, would be marrying someone else.
Although Emotionally I can relate to Jane I would have to say that I am most relatable to Elizabeth Bennet. She speaks her mind with no worry of the consequences along with the fact that she comes to rather snappy conclusions and judgments of others. Although this may make Elizabeth sound like a horribly rude and obnoxious person she is far from it. She cares of others before herself more than any and she too has a hard time expressing her feelings. I relate to her most because I too speak my mind too harshly at times and wind up getting into a great amount of trouble for it. I worry so much over others that the times that I do find time for myself I get called selfish. I find it so hard to find my place in this world when I’m helping others find theirs. My being stubborn doesn’t help it any either. I want to find that balance just like Elizabeth did. She realized how foolish she was being and adjusted her ways. Reading this book and getting to know these characters, really helped me to see how true the expression ‘Don’t judge a book by its cover’ really is. I find myself feeling sorry almost every other day for the way I behaved towards a certain person just because they behaved in a way that I found not to be normal. I judged this person by something they said and the small actions after it rather than taking the time to know this person and to understand. I’ve realized that because of my snappy judgments and behavior towards this person that I probably missed out on having the greatest friend in the world. I missed having a loads worth of laughs, jokes, and promises. I realized that I am just as human as everyone else; not perfect.  
 
Sincerely
Nichole Crofoot

© 2009 Nichole Marie


Author's Note

Nichole Marie
Keep in mind this is an essay, but I would like to know if you can understand or grasp what I'm trying to say. The essay had to be under 500 words and I wrote 497 :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

although i have absolutly no friggin clue what you are writing about, seeing as i ahve not read whatever it is, i do think that it is a great peice of writing, ecspeically for an assignment. School assignments always set too many boundaries. (in a few of mine, i managed to evade them. A small sex scene, added a few extra pages, ect. Lol. I got away with it too, for not going into too much detail as i so often enjoy).

I think you used wonderful word choice and were great at forming your sentences. Good job!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

although i have absolutly no friggin clue what you are writing about, seeing as i ahve not read whatever it is, i do think that it is a great peice of writing, ecspeically for an assignment. School assignments always set too many boundaries. (in a few of mine, i managed to evade them. A small sex scene, added a few extra pages, ect. Lol. I got away with it too, for not going into too much detail as i so often enjoy).

I think you used wonderful word choice and were great at forming your sentences. Good job!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

170 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on December 9, 2009
Last Updated on December 10, 2009

Author

Nichole Marie
Nichole Marie

Seattle, WA



About
My Name is Nichole I live in the Puget sound so it rains a hell of a lot, which is nice. Rain inspires me. I use to write a lot but for some reason I don't anymore, but I am currently working on a new.. more..

Writing