Take Me or Leave Me

Take Me or Leave Me

A Story by Moonbeam Rose
"

Yet another Song fiction that I made. With a Star Wars setting for those who know one of the characters.

"

“Every single day
I walk down the street
I hear people say,
“Baby’s so sweet”
Ever since puberty
Everybody stares at me
Boys-girls
I can’t help it baby.
So be kind
Don’t lose your mind
Just remember that I’m your baby.
Take me for what I am
Who I was meant to be
And if you give a damn
Take me baby or leave me
Take me baby or leave me.
A tiger in a cage
Can never see the sun
This diva needs her stage
Baby-let’s have fun!
You are the one I choose
Folks’d kill to fill your shoes
You love the limelight too, Baby
So be mine or don’t waste my time
Cryin’-“Honeybear-are you still my
Baby?
Take me for what I am
Who I was meant to be
And if you give a damn
Take me baby or leave me
No way-can I be what I’m not
But hey don’t you like your girl hot!
Don’t fight-don’t lose your head
Cause every night who’s in your bed?
Who’s in your bed, baby?

Kiss Pookie”


“FINE I’LL LEAVE THEN!” Tahiri screamed at the top of her lungs as she ran out of the room leaving Shada behind her in tears. The two girls had just had the last fight of their short-lived relationship. She ran out of the room and past the other rooms that the children normally would be in. She headed out past Ben’s bedroom and through the front door. She was opening the door when Shada came tearing out of the room and grabbed her arm.

“It won’t work.”

“Wait my Sun Star.” She said softly as she turned Tahiri to face her. Her crystal blue eyes locked with the other girls pale green ones. She looked at her for a bit then sighed. “Look please just try to understand it wasn’t what you thought it was. I didn’t mean anything by what I said to you. I was just upset.” She said. “Really I swear I didn’t mean it.”

“I look before I leap
I love margins and discipline
I make lists in my sleep
Baby what’s my sin?
Never quit-I follow through
I hate mess-but I love you
What to do
With my impromptu baby
So be wise
This girl satisfies
You’ve got a prize so don’t compromise
You’re one lucky baby
Take me for what I am”


“Really?” Tahiri asked. “Then why’d you say it then Shada? Why my Star Dust?” She shook her head. “No, I’m sorry but I can’t take this. Not from you, I thought you were different.” She pulled away as fresh tears touched her eyes. “I thought that we said that I wouldn’t talk about either of your men and you wouldn’t mention Max.”

Shada sighed heavily she’d messed up and she knew it. “Look I’m sorry what more do you want from me?” She asked as she pulled Tahiri back into the living area.


“A control freak”

“I want to forget about him!” Tahiri cried.

“Who I was meant to be.” “A snob-yet over attentive”

“I said I was sorry!” Shada cried back at her.

“Yeah well now what do you want me to do Shada? You just want me to take you back just like that?” Tahiri asked.


“And if you give a Damn” “A loveable droll geek”

“I want you to stay so we can talk about this.” Shada said.

“No, I’m not going to stay I need my space.” Tahiri sighed.


“Take me baby or leave me.” “And anal retentive!”

“Fine leave then.” Shada cried. “See if I care.”

“FINE! I will then.” Tahiri said as she turned and started back towards the door.


“That’s it!” “The straw that breaks my back”

Shada stood and watched as Tahiri walked off again leaving her alone in the house. She sighed as she heard the door open then slam shut as the first tear fell down her cheek.

“I quit” “Unless you take it back”

Outside Tahiri shook her head as she started down the hall tears running down her face as she walked past many of the others on the Heart. She didn’t want to fight with Shada. Didn’t want what had been with her to end like this.

“Women!” “What is it about them?”

Shada walked into her room where the fight had started, where the evil words had been said. She shook her head as she tried to think of what had made her mention the only man other than her twin brother who’d broke Tahiri’s heart. She sank to the floor and cried as she held the stuffed Bantha cub that Tahiri had bought her on their first trip to Tattooine.

Tahiri walked down the hall where her old room had been. She sighed. “Maybe I blew this way out of the water. I should go back and apologize to her.” She said.


“Can’t live-
With them-
Or without them!
Take me for what I am
Who I was meant to be
And if you give a damn
Take me baby or leave me
Take me baby
Or leave me”


She reached the house again and opened the front door then headed to Shada’s room. With a soft sigh she tapped at the door.

“Guess I’m leavin’
I’m gone!”


Shada got up and opened the door and gasped as she looked into Tahiri’s pale eyes. She pulled Tahiri into a tight hug the tears falling freely now as she held onto the only woman she’d ever loved. “I’m sorry.” She whispered.

Tahiri nodded slowly as she held Shada and kissed her lovers forehead. “I know so am I Star Dust.” She whispered back as Shada started to pull her towards the bed. As they hit the bed the door to the room shut on the scene leaving them in the dark and any prying eyes locked out.

© 2008 Moonbeam Rose


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

OMG I forgot about this one. It was such a great use of the song and of Tahiri and Shada's relationship with one another. I've always loved the way you write your songfics. I wish you would write them mosr often.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

323 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on March 27, 2008

Author

Moonbeam Rose
Moonbeam Rose

Santa Maria, CA



About
Hey there, my name is Kat. I love to write, especially fanfiction and poetry. I am a huge Star Wars, Twilight and Harry Potter fan. I also RPG as a few characters in each aspect. I am a very proud Wic.. more..

Writing