My Trilogy

My Trilogy

A Poem by Li Li

 

I have dreams turning into epiphanies.
Poems I consider my eulogies.
Amongst mind, body, and soul;
I discovered my trilogy.

The dictation of past lives,
thrive to contrive towards redemption.
Feeling this as the last lesson,
until immortality is obtained.
Too long has my being been restrained,
the sheets of my mind, stained.
 
Even though it's beyond the twelfth day,
I've been given the voice to explain.

No longer will I disband
While amidst the great the void.
As boundaries become destroyed,
I will deploy my essence
Through the luminescense of my theosophy.
According to the philosophy of existence,
there is a resistence of self deliberation.
Civilization serves as the contamination
Poisoning our souls with false intentions.

I wish to discover the connection
of each constellation,
knowing revelations are within the Orion.
Reveal my soul to Zion
Where I can find peace of mind.
Free me from confined flesh
granting each scar to define my beauty.

Given a talent in order to form change
and rearrange the reality of what society
so often considers the truth of substance.
 
The coexistence of expectations;
leads solely towards a dying creation.

 

© 2009 Li Li


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Excellent! I always love your poetry, so deep, so insightful. This one has a "Lauryn Hill" vibe, which is a compliment, because I feel she is very talented and one of the best female lyricists. Your choice of words are above and beyond what most use in their poetry, and the meaning is interwoven in significance, and each line is a jewel to cherish. I know, sounds silly, that's just the first thing that came to mind. lol.

i feel lucky to be able to work with you on our song. And to have met you, anyway, thanks for writing this piece. I enjoyed reading it.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

From the land of misfits and toys the chorus of your aura adorns a beautiful light, in short im lovin the write. not quite sure why i haven't read this before, but lawd, lawdy, lawdy im humble to read this now and i am extremely impressed. you make me wanna write a little sumthin sumthin. you got me feelin inspired and that doesn't usually happen. truly im imressed, blessed. I know your out there pearl, keep feeding the universe with your verses. the entire piece was amazing. i enjoyed it all. its a fav. stay solar; signed tha wind... paz

Posted 8 Years Ago


This is probably one of the most original poems I have ever read, Li Li. I love the internal rhyming. You have such an inspiring way with words. Difficult to pick out my favourite lines, every time I read it I find something new.
'Civilization serves as the contamination
Poisoning our souls with false intentions'.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

No longer will I disband
While amidst the great the void.
As boundaries become destroyed,
I will deploy my essence
Through the luminescense of my theosophy.

Wow you really are amazing... you words ring with such a fine tune of accomplishment and ideas of going out side your safe world to take chances while helping those in need... I am in awe of this brilliant write.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I could definitely imagine you speaking this piece to an audience. I believe this to be a deep introspective piece that most writers can relate to and agree with.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Excellent! I always love your poetry, so deep, so insightful. This one has a "Lauryn Hill" vibe, which is a compliment, because I feel she is very talented and one of the best female lyricists. Your choice of words are above and beyond what most use in their poetry, and the meaning is interwoven in significance, and each line is a jewel to cherish. I know, sounds silly, that's just the first thing that came to mind. lol.

i feel lucky to be able to work with you on our song. And to have met you, anyway, thanks for writing this piece. I enjoyed reading it.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

New Year and through the dying embers of Christmas we wait for the one thing we have longed for a new peice from LiLI or as she is affectionatly know The LILSTER. There is no doubt that there are poets and then THERE ARE POETS. People's whose usage of words and rhyme just leaves you breathless and meltes your heart with there form and flow. My Trilogy By LILI is one such peice. The piece starts off "Backwrds" with LILI talking about eulogies and epiphanies. There are some peices that you associate with some people With LILI i associate "Dear Alicia and Writers Block and of course the brilliant Heart Of A Child. who can for get the line "The woman I call a Nation" LiLI mentions Mind Body And Soul. and I believe that this Trilogy of factors combine in perfect harmony to put words on a page. Not forgetting the odd dash of talent to.

The opening lines of stanza two Talks of past lives and the dictation of these. Many people are silenced out of choice. Many people cry for their situations and many people can't speak for they have no voice. It is at that point where poets like LILi come in her words bring hope and strength and believe that dispite dictation of past lives things can change. why does her work resonate with so many because she has been there and come through. At the end of stanza two LiLi talks about her mind being restrined for too long like her mind body and soul just want to break free form their confines and take LiLI and her poetry and us as readers to the next level. She touches on the fact that our minds have been stained by civilisation and we have allowed our souls to be poisioned by the lure of false intentions.

LiLI mentions "Scars" maybe this is because LILI has wrestled Not with words but with herself. LILI has a rare talent an ability to write and engage the reader so that change came come about. LILI works are more than just words they are blocks and keys blocks that support those that need supporting and keys that unlock secret doors for people, Yet as i write this i feel the person who dosen't quite belive the talent God has given her is LILI which is why the battles have to be won daily.
LILI is an amazing poet even more she is an very dear friend who like me sees the need for change in cultures and in lives. and even tho we may not see cultures change in our lifetime we make this promise that will will die trying to change the culture.
I know that this was a tough peice to write as always i admire your honesty and your bravery
Keep writing because i know they will read but more than that they will act on what they've read
Be brilliant
Carl

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

860 Views
6 Reviews
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on January 14, 2009
Last Updated on January 14, 2009

Author

Li Li
Li Li

The Land of Misfit Toys, IL



About
My real name is Alicia. I live on the east side of St. Louis. I've grown to have a passion for spoken word. I started writing poetry at a very young age but never thought it was something to.. more..

Writing