Stars That Light the Darkness

Stars That Light the Darkness

A Poem by Li Li
"

Just a test. Trying to see how this format is taken by the readers.

"

The sound of speech,
no longer the resolution of comprehension.
The apparition of foretold prophesies,
now the reality of the common.
Under the perception of evolving universes,
the parrallel unification mobilizes.
Faintly, from what solely seemed a particle of dust,
the formation of brethren begins.


"The creation of heaven and earth,
will give birth to the breath of man.
United the devoted will stand,
as justification serves its course

through the sands of time and tides.
The tribes of different faces
will build walls from the stones of thy own flesh.

Do not fret!
For thee of little belief may be blind to see.

If darkness is taken in thine one eye conferred for light,
to the night of few or deficient stars, thou shalt be cast.
Without celestial luminance, there is no spiritual illumination.
Without perceptual experience, there is only thyself."

© 2009 Li Li


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

lovely ...

Posted 14 Years Ago


It's intresting to think that what has been foretold before we are now living in. I'm convinced that poets, sages, oracles and writers have spoken of things that are happening now, having thrown down the mantle to us as the up and coming generation.
I like this peice it is slightly different to the normal LiLi stuff but still shows the depth and the strength of the woman. I think this poem is about RHYTHM. And the line that draws me to that is the very first one. "The sound of speech no longer the resolution of comprehension." . If we have no speech then there is just noise, but with RHYTHM the noise is ordered. I can imagine an Orchestra getting ready to play "Concerto For Creation" They are behind RHYTHM as she brings about her creation. The sound and notes buliding as her narrative brings forth events.

I see her speaking the first four lines and as she speaks the last "Common" the sound begins a little light strings with just as touch of cymbols.
"Evolving universies" As she points stars and galaxes appear as a back drop to her narration. She gives Mars a red tinge. Gives Jupiter that famous red dot because she has a little Mars dust on her hands still. And with a twist and a twirl Saturn now has rings.
And through it all the music builds.

She takes some dust from the Earth and blows it gently to the wind and man is formed. She looks upon his form and speaks only two words
"Heart.....Beat"
Man is alive and at one with the Earth and at one with RHYTHM.
And through it all the music builds.

She dances,she moves bringing Heaven and Earth together at the creation of man. She dances so that through the fullness of time strongholds will be broken, the weak will be made strong, the devoted will stand united, and the tribes of different faces will build walls from the stones of thy own flesh. and through it all the music builds.

RHYTHM calls forth Justifcation. He dances and spins he is fast, strong , quick, light and has a presence that fills the whole place. After a breathtaking performance RHYTHM calls to Justification and comands him to "Go and serve his time upon the Earth". And he is gone

As The music builds RHYTHM takes man and whispers that many will be to blind to see the justification of what is happening or to deaf to hear the rhythm or to caught up to feel the pulse, when this happens RHYTHM tells him that he must not fret for these things must happen and in the same way as the music builds the beat will continue you may not always hear it but you will know it's there.

RHYTHM dances around the arena she dances so fast that she becomes a blur. She dances around man and he is encased in light. Justification joins her for one last routine. She finishes her dance and says to the Man
"You are Justified in all you do. Now go and Create History and Write all that you see, so that others may do the same. Rhythm gives man the most powerful weapon she knows
A pen and pronouces him "A POET"
A crash of cymbols brings the performance to an end.

Amazing peice LILi I hope I did it Justice.

Your amazing
Carl



Posted 14 Years Ago


Format is fine but wow your words are masterful... such stunning inspiration, the spiritual connection between mad and earth is what brings us closer to God... I am completely in awe of this poem.

Posted 14 Years Ago


This is stunning. Prophetic. Like something an oracle might say. I like that it celebrates creation itself without the predictable nod toward a god or maker. It acknowledges birth for it's own sake. Good job :)

Posted 14 Years Ago


Very spiritual. And deep. I think your poem is discussing Chirst and his formation at the beginning of time.

this part:

Without celestial luminance, there is no spiritual illumination.
Without perceptual experience, there is only thyself."

is my favorite part, because it makes me think. i feel we have to live spirituality inside of us, not just preach it or say it. because when we do it "illuminates" or glows from the inside out. we are not alone, God is with us juast as the beginning of time. i hope i got it, and the idea you are trying to convey. otherwise, great poem with a specail Li Li touch.

kena

Posted 14 Years Ago



2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1939 Views
15 Reviews
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on June 12, 2009

Author

Li Li
Li Li

The Land of Misfit Toys, IL



About
My real name is Alicia. I live on the east side of St. Louis. I've grown to have a passion for spoken word. I started writing poetry at a very young age but never thought it was something to.. more..

Writing