Music To My Soul

Music To My Soul

A Story by Storm
"

This is a short essay of sorts inspired by a daily meditation I read.

"

Music can express the mystical experience better than language; it can tell of its mystery, joy, sadness, and peace far better than words can utter. The fatigued intellect finds a tonic and the harassed emotions find comfort in music.

�" Paul Brunton in Meditations for People in Crisis by Paul Brunton

To Practice This Thought:

Be attentive to any mystical feelings that surface when you are listening to music.

*********************************************************************************************

 

          Music is the charger of life, and we are the batteries. The desideratum for soul replenishing music haunts me daily. As I slave away, earning wages to pay for the life I live, my being slowly depletes as I listen to the factory beeps and booms. I long to slip my earbuds in and recharge my spirit.


          Daily, tunes come to me through my love bug earbuds. I smile as the beats travel from my ears to my soul. Songs like Happy by Pharrell boosts my energy as I bounce up and down feeling as if I’m telling the darkness in the world to shove it-I’m happy. Thrift Shop by Macklemore & Ryan Lewis have me shaking my shoulders, saying “Damn right I shop at Goodwill. I’m a thrifty individual who doesn’t care about your social norms.”

          Of course, there are days when my aura is darker, and I crave the electric thrash of rock n roll. Highway to Hell by ACDC sends me on an adventure to battle the darkest parts of myself. Bodies by Drowning Pool sparks my imagination and I see myself walking down the ramp at a wrestling arena ready to decimate my enemy.

          Music allows me to be anything I want to be. It heals me, elevates me, and allows me to release my emotions and demons and in a healthy, stable environment. Each day I travel to another world through my many playlists. My taste in music is unlimited. I love it all. Every genre speaks to me in a different manner. I am grateful for its presence in my life. 

© 2020 Storm


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Your writing here is so pleasant, and it makes me feel you could write an article or a book, and it would be immensely popular. I agree, music means so much to me. Queen, The Regrettes, All American Rejects, The Orion Experience, are some of my favorite music makers, just to name a few, but my number one is Gabbie Hanna. Music helps us through such dark times and you captivated that in your words here.

Posted 3 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

41 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on October 23, 2020
Last Updated on October 23, 2020
Tags: spiritual, music, meditation

Author

Storm
Storm

IN



About
I like to challenge myself as a writer. I try to do writing prompts daily. I take the original prompt and just go with whatever comes to my mind. Sometimes I stray away from the prompt. I also have st.. more..

Writing
Darkest Love Darkest Love

A Poem by Storm


I Am Green I Am Green

A Poem by Storm