Brother's To The End

Brother's To The End

A Story by Amanda
"

Yeah, i wrote a Gears of War fanfic. I cried during this scene, like seriously. <3 Dominic Santiago <3

"

“Dom!”

 

Dom was running towards the big rig.  Marcus yelled at him, confusion slapped across his face.

 

“Get outta there! Jump!” Dom yelled above all of the gunfire and Lambent and God knows what else had come to finish them. He knew what he was doing.

 

“Dom! Dom! Where are you going?” Marcus called into their communicator as Dom drove away from them. He was so confused. Was Dom going to get help? But their was no help; everyone was here.

 

“Dom! What the f**k are you doing?” he yelled again, desperate. He could only hear static and the growl of the rig’s engine from Dom’s side of the communicator.

 

“Pulling the plug on em’ Marcus. Jump, will you? DO it!” DOm finally yelled. Where was he? What was he doing? Marcus was getting more and more desperate.

 

“Never thought it would end like this, huh? Huh, Maria?” Marcus heard what Dom was saying, but it wasn’t to him. He was talking to Maria. Maria was dead, though. Dom had promised he was okay coming back to his wife’s home town. He’d already stopped at her family’s tomb. He wouldn’t be talking to her unless…

 

“Dom, NO!” Clarity washed over Marcus seconds before the rig came into view at top speed. It hit. Marcus jumped as the explosion expanded behind him. Dom.

 

The explosions that were set off from the crash and all the Lambent dying seemed to take hours. Marcus kept rolling, only one thought on his mind. Dom.

 

When Marcus was finally able to move without being blown away, he began to crawl toward the fiery rig. Dom, Dom, Dom. No….

 

“Marcus, he’s gone! He’s gone. There’s nothing you can do!” Anya yelled, pulling on his shoulders, her voice in his ear. Sam was next to her, staring with an open mouth. She was just as shocked as he.

 

In the back of his mind he wondered where Dizzy and Jace had gotten to.

 

“Get off me! God damn it, let me get him outta there!” He growled helplessly, trying to surge forward. Seconds after he said that, the rig holding his best friend exploded. Marcus half-collapsed, staring. No, not Dom.

 

 

“It’s okay, Marcus…it’s okay. C’mon, we gotta go now- you’re father still needs us.” Anya said brokenly, her voice catching. She pulled on his arm again.

 

Dom was dead. His best friend, and brother, was dead. He’d sacrificed himself, so Marcus and the others could get away.  

 

Dom was finally with his wife and children again. Dom…Maria…

 

Marcus would rather go back to thinking his father was dead then lose Dom. He’d have made the trade in a second

 

“…Dom.” He said brokenly, on more time, a lone tear gliding down his dirty cheek.

© 2012 Amanda


Author's Note

Amanda
aw wtf man. Like seriously this is in the top 5 saddest videogame scenes. Dom was my favorite character, then Cole Train, then Marcus (only because he's John DiMaggio and he's the shit). This scene is from Marcus's point of view, so he doesn't see Dom driving through the tunnel and all that like we do. But yeah, I cried.

Maybe you wanna take a look at this epic scene? http://youtu.be/lEq0oV21tHI

Take a look, it couldn't hurt.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

nicely written!!! great job once again the grief radiated from the story. Keep writing!!!! :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


This was very interesting. You have a gift!!

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

135 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 13, 2012
Last Updated on July 13, 2012
Tags: video game, Gears of war, Dom, Marcus, 3

Author

Amanda
Amanda

MA



About
i haven't been on this website in like three years??? oh my god everything is so s****y??? body, a:hover {cursor: url(http://cur.cursors-4u.net/others/oth-8/oth704.cur), progress !important;} more..

Writing
Love Stories Love Stories

A Poem by Amanda


War War

A Poem by Amanda


Heartbreaker Heartbreaker

A Poem by Amanda



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..