Lose You (Sixteen)

Lose You (Sixteen)

A Chapter by Amanda
"

Everything is on the line for Adam. What will happen now? Is Emma dead? Is Chris caught?

"
I don’t need a better thing,
I’d settle for less,
It’s another thing for me,
I just have to wander through this world,
Alone.

I’m gonna lose you,
Yeah I’m gonna lose you,
If I’m gonna lose you,
I’ll lose you know for good.
-Lose You, Peter Yorn

Why didn’t she let me go with her? Why couldn’t I have been more stubborn? Now I’m stuck here with my ‘daughter’, not knowing if she’ll be okay. God D****t, Emma!

“She will be fine,” Rena insisted, pressing a hand to her enlarged stomach.

“Don’t you worry, Adam, she’s a tough one!” Marco laughed, throaty and sick sounding. I want to belive them, but I have a bad feeling that won’t go away.

Bella was sleeping, so I let my thoughts wander.

~*~   Emma’s going to be so excited! Uncle Kiegan said it was okay for her to sleep over!

I’m running to meet her now. I’ll be a few minutes late, but it should be okay. I mean, we’re only eight, so it’s not like she has other people to see.

I finally round the corner to the playground and see my best friend in the whole world. Emma Creighton, her brown hair curly and her legs swinging. Happiness brings a smile to my face, but jealousy wipes it off. She’s talking to someone else…and their laughing!

The girl has wavy brown hair, but way lighter than Emma’s and she had a dress on that matched the bow in her hair. Emma was talking animatedly with her. Did she forget we were supposed to meet?

No, you’re being silly! She’s just passing time.

I walk up to the two and learn that the other girl’s name is Carlee. Their talk is about girly stuff and I begin to feel left out.

“Adam here’s my bestest friend in the whole wide world!” Emma exclaims. “You can be my bestest girl friend in the whole wide world!”

I’m happy that Emma and I are still bestest friends, but I want to tell Carlee that Emma’s mine. I don’t want to share her with some girl! ~*~

Did I like Emma all the way back then? I honestly don’t know. All I really remember is being jealous of how quickly Carlee and Emma got close.

“Whatcha thinking about?” Carlee asks, sitting down on the rolling chair next to me.

“Just stuff,” I shrug. “How’re you holding up?”

“I’m fine, I guess. It’s just…” She looks down at the floor, and I frown. Scooting closer, I nudge her.

“What’s up?”

“Sometimes I feel so alone…like, I’ve lost almost everything…” She hasn’t looked at me yet.

I rub her shoulder consolingly, “It’s alright. I mean, I don’t even know what happened to my family. I can’t really imagine what you’re going through, I mean, my parents died when I was little, so they never had to go through this. But you’re tough, you’ll make it.”

As I say this, I hear a commotion in the hallway.

Turns out, Rena was wrong. We have to fight to get Emma in, as Chris keeps threatening us. I’ll beat his sorry a*s if he stands in the way of saving Emma. At first I fear that she’s been bitten, and I feel panic and disbelief fly around my body. But she’s only been cut, not bit.

Emma has lost so much blood. Fear stiffens my fingers and I am less of a help. Please be okay, please be okay. I meant it when I said that I couldn’t live without her. Especially in this world.

Austin gets the blood to clot, and gives her stitches. Apparently, zombies fingernails are longer and sharper, so they cut deeper than normal. I don’t care what they have, as long as she’s okay.

Chris and Jeff bark out that somebody has to watch her, because they were taking no chances of an attack. I refuse to believe that she will leave me and turn.

I take the first watch anyway, because I don’t trust the eager Daramount brothers. Carlee comes in and suggests that I get some sleep, because I don’t look too good. I don’t care. After Marco and Scott both almost drag me out, Rena takes the next watch. I feel a bit safer, especially since Scott will join her, just in case.

When I wake up, I rub my eyes groggily until I remember Emma. Bella must be awake by now and she probably wants to see her. I find her playing with Austin, who’s resting on a lab table in his room. He says that Devon’s watching Emma, so he volunteered to watch the little girl. I thank him and move onto the room where my girlfriend lay.

It still sounds kind of weird to say that, not that I’m complaining.

My heart skips a beat when I see Devon walking towards me. “I thought you were watching Emma?”

“I was…but Maggie took over. Chill dude, she’s fine. Emma’s not that pale anymore and she looks a lot better.” Devon looks alarmed, but I can’t find it in me to care. My heart is beating too fast.

When I get to the room, I see Maggie a few feet away, not in the room. I open the door.

Chris is swinging the axe at the girl I love, who isn’t a zombie, as far as I can see. I barely hear myself yell, “NO!”

My eyes follow the rusty blade of the axe all the way down. By some miracle, Chris’s aim is off and hit’s the chair behind her. She moved. That’s why. As a last stitch effort, she tried to lean out of the way. Chris wasn’t looking, so he didn’t notice in time.

I growl as I tackle the m**********r to the ground, rage pulsing through me. I hit him again and again until two people pull him off of me. Jeff tries to punch me in the face, but Austin has stepped in front of him. “You tried to murder her!” I snarl, taking in the gag in her mouth and the restraints on her wrists.

Fortunately, Marco ungags Emma, because Scott and Devon are still holding my arms.  I shrug them off and Devon cuts the rope holding her wrists together. I hold her, burying my face in her hair. She hugs me back, still not saying a word. I wonder if something is wrong.
Hal finally appears, taking in the scene around him with wide eyes. They rest on Emma, which makes me slightly uncomfortable. Just like all those years ago, I’m still jealous.

More afraid than jealous, really. I can’t lose her…she’s my everything.


© 2012 Amanda


Author's Note

Amanda
I don't really like this chapter...
I'm not comfortable writing as Adam, but I felt it was necessary for this chapter. Aren't you lucky? :P Reviews are highly appreciated and you get the reward of knowing you made someone's day a bit brighter!:)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

awesomeness. This chapter is great. i loved it!!! NOW GO WRITE MORE!!!! SPEED WRITE AMANDA, NO, WARP WRITE.

Posted 11 Years Ago


AH-MAY-ZING. AMAZING. Excellent chapter, my dear. Way to keep the suspense up until the last moment. Keep writing!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

AH! i love this chapter so much!!!!!
WRITE MORE NOW!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

372 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 24, 2012
Last Updated on July 24, 2012
Tags: death, zombies, murder, love, circle of life


Author

Amanda
Amanda

MA



About
i haven't been on this website in like three years??? oh my god everything is so s****y??? body, a:hover {cursor: url(http://cur.cursors-4u.net/others/oth-8/oth704.cur), progress !important;} more..

Writing
Love Stories Love Stories

A Poem by Amanda


War War

A Poem by Amanda


Heartbreaker Heartbreaker

A Poem by Amanda



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Just me Just me

A Poem by Amanda


Let It Rain (One) Let It Rain (One)

A Chapter by Amanda


Real Eyes Real Eyes

A Poem by Amanda