Black (Seventeen)

Black (Seventeen)

A Chapter by Amanda
"

The world has always been a dangerous place, filled with dangerous people. But the world's changed. But just how much has it differed?

"
All the rules are changin now
you're livin in sin
everything around you's cavin in
and all you hold onto's slipping
like water through your hands...
Far off in the distance
somewhere you can't see
allegiances have formed your destiny
opposition all around,
feeding off your soul,
trying hard to swallow up your hope
and demons all around you waiting
for you to sell your soul.
-Black, Kari Kimmel

 There was too much to process. Everything was colors and blurs and sounds. All I really knew was that Adam was holding me.

 “I thought she was bit! What else was I supposed to do?” Chris growled, and I turned to look at him. Jeff and Maggie were flanking him, arms crossed. I saw Hal raise his eyebrows at me, and I blinked hard.

 Bella was standing in the doorway, her little face afraid. “Are you okay?” Adam murmured, sounding breathless.

It took me a few moments to speak. “My arm hurts…”

 He pulled back and I saw the relief that seemed to surround him. His blue eyes were searching mine. “You have stitches….that zombie only scratched you…”

 I remember the news report, my heart sinking. “An open wound procured in the last twenty-four hours” rang around my head.

 Would I turn?

 Adam didn’t, I remind myself before I have a chance to panic. He was bit and he didn’t turn, maybe it has to be specific conditions. I just pushed the situation to the back of my mind.

 I was finally able to function, and I pulled away from Adam. “What happens now?”

 “What do you mean, what happens now?” Maggie spat, glaring at me.

“I mean, what are we going to do with Chris?” I clarify, sinking into Adam’s embrace.

“You ain’t gonna touch me, b***h,” Chris growled. I felt Adam’s arms tighten.

“Listen, you stupid redneck f**k, you tried to kill my friend. We aren’t going to live with a f*****g lunatic,” Austin snarled, involuntarily taking three steps forward.

“Excuse me?” Jeff spluttered, smoldering anger keeping his muscles taut. “You ain’t going to do nothing about my brother. This is our home.”

“Everybody, just calm down-” Marco started to wave his hands, but I cut him off. Icily, “I think you’re forgetting just whose school this is. We outnumber you…in strength, in skill, in life.”

“Everybody just chill the f**k out!” Scott shouted, throwing his fists up. “We’ll discuss this in the cafeteria! Okay? There’s a lot more damn space there!”

With that, he turned on his heel and towed his wife away. Marco, Hal, Rena followed him and then the rest of us after some hesitation. I picked up Bella, and held her against me. “It’s okay, Babygirl, everything’s okay.”

I tried to soothe her as we walked. “What are we going to try to do?” Devon asked.

“I say we kill him, feed him to the f*****g zombies,” Carlee mutters. At the strange looks she gets, she defends, “He tried to kill Emma. Chris is unhinged. What if he goes for one of us, like Bella?”

“I…” I don’t quite know how to say it. “I think feeding him to the zombies is…drastic, but I don’t want him here. That whole family is fucked up. Maybe the others…”

“Will agree to throw them out? Do you really believe that?” Austin asks, looking at me skeptically.

“Hal will,” As I say it, I know it is true. I almost don’t notice Adam stiffen as he walks alongside me. “That’s at least six on six. If we count Belle, our vote will win.”

“I have a feeling that even if a little girl’s vote actually counted, they still wouldn’t leave. We might…we might have to use force.” Adam said unsteadily.

It hits me what we’re debating about. To kill a man or let him live.

Since when has our ragtag group of friends become judge, jury, an executioner? The world changed, yes, but I never realized just how much it would change me and my life .

I realize that the two alternatives could very well shape who we are and what we will become. The question is…which alternative is the right path, and which is the wrong?


© 2012 Amanda


Author's Note

Amanda
The song is one of my absolute favorites because it aired in the Walking Dead Season 3 Trailer. Anyways, I realize this is a short chapter, but I felt like it would be better if I ended it here. What choice should the group make? And which is the right?

Reviews are very much appreciated!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

hahahaha totally feed him to the zombies :P

Posted 11 Years Ago


NEXTTT!!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


FEED THEM TO THE ZOMBIES!!!!!! MWA HAHAHAH!!! Awesome chapter!!! Keep writing chicky!

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 11 Years Ago


Amanda

11 Years Ago

That was an actual answer when I asked my friend what she thought should happen to him :)
♪The Girl Next Door♪

11 Years Ago

Do it! No. One likes them and they're all going to die eventually! Bring in the Gore!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

402 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 25, 2012
Last Updated on July 25, 2012
Tags: alternative, fight, apocalypse, zombie, choice, kill, live, the walking dead


Author

Amanda
Amanda

MA



About
i haven't been on this website in like three years??? oh my god everything is so s****y??? body, a:hover {cursor: url(http://cur.cursors-4u.net/others/oth-8/oth704.cur), progress !important;} more..

Writing
Love Stories Love Stories

A Poem by Amanda


War War

A Poem by Amanda


Heartbreaker Heartbreaker

A Poem by Amanda



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Lose You (Sixteen) Lose You (Sixteen)

A Chapter by Amanda


Dear Friends Dear Friends

A Story by Amanda


Annual ~Four~ Annual ~Four~

A Chapter by Amanda