Pretty Face

Pretty Face

A Story by Amanda
"

Sometimes it's better not to have a pretty face...

"
Annalise huffed, crossing her arms. She'd been so upset she hadn't even known where she was walking. Now that she thought about it, it was kind of chilly. Hugging her sweatshirt tighter around her, the teenager continued walking. She was on a long stretch of highway, surrounded by thick trees on either side.

So far only a few cars had passed her, so Annalise had taken to walking in the middle of the street. She could see the edge of a town at the end of the road, probably only five minutes or ten minutes away. Annalise sped up slightly, the cold and crisp air beginning to seep through her jeans. 

The only reason she'd ended up on this desolate road was Shaun. Of course they had their occasional fights, but this one was more than she could handle. Too many things had been on her mind, mainly the subject of what had caused their fight. 

Children.

Unknown to Shaun, Annalise was with child. She'd asked him what he thought about having children. He'd said most children he'd seen and knew were snotty little brats. Shaun didn't want to be in charge of a little brat, saying he'd probably end up hurting both himself and the kid. Annalise had to admit he was prone to accidents. 

But either way, she'd ended up storming down the street when her car wouldn't start. Looking around now, Annalise had come to regret this decision. Though the town was closer, everything seemed to be getting darker and colder. 

The leaves of the trees seemed to sway toward the town, urging her to go faster. Her feet made very little noise on the pavement, just a steady little tapping sound. On a whim, she glanced behind herself. 

Annalise almost screamed. Almost. Her heart began to thud and her palms started to sweat as she imagined the hooded stranger coming closer. Stop it, she scolded herself, he's probably lost like you and was cold enough to put up his hood

But she couldn't calm the thudding of her heart or the quickness of her breath. Annalise tried to focus on the town. Just a few short minutes and she'd be safe. Speeding up once again, only this time trying to appear inconspicuous, she began to swing her arms back and forth in her effort to get there.

Her heart skipped a beat when she heard a smooth voice say, "You've got a pretty face, dear." 

Annalise screamed. 

~~~~~~

Shaun peered out of his windshield, searching for his lost girlfriend. His heart pounded with worry when he came to an abandoned stretch of highway.  The clouds were swirling with what might be the first snowstorm of the late Autumn.  

"Anna! Anna?" He called out the window again, searching the trees and the grass stretched out before them. Where was she?

Just before he was about to enter a small town, he caught a glimpse of sky blue. 

Anna's sweatshirt. 

He stomped on the brakes and threw himself out of the pickup truck. Jogging to someone who was laying on their stomach in the grass, he felt his heart thud anxiously. Please be alright, please, he thought.

"Anna! Babe, what are you doing out here? Are you alright?" the words quickly tumbled out of his mouth as he dropped to his knees beside her. Turning her over, his breath choked out of him. A scream could be heard from at least a mile away.

Scrambling away from the body, he couldn't help but look again, even if tears blurred his eyes. 

Annalise lay face up, without a face. All the meat and veins and and whatever else is on the outside of a skull, stared back at Shaun. Someone had neatly cut away her whole face, leaving her hairline and neck intact. The worst part were the round blue yes he had once lovingly gazed into gazing vacantly back at him. 

The grass was stained with her blood and a few disgusting sinews from her exposed muscles. No one noticed the man standing halfway behind a tree, grinning. No one noticed something pale and thin he'd hung on the tree...

© 2012 Amanda


Author's Note

Amanda
I got this idea yesterday when Brace Face took us on a walk and I was talking to Abbie and Rachel about Slendy. I hope you enjoyed :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow, I actually really liked this one. I thought it was gripping and chilling to the end.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Amanda

11 Years Ago

Thanks :)
Ahmad Cox

11 Years Ago

No problem. I always enjoy the writings you send to me. I just finished sending some to you. Let me .. read more
Amanda

11 Years Ago

Will do :)
Its okay needs better description and emotional tone.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Amanda

11 Years Ago

Thank you for the review
Michael Costello

11 Years Ago

w3lx
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
_
:o That's scary....but pretty darn wicked still! That was cool mate! Keep writing brilliantly! :3

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Amanda

11 Years Ago

Thank you :D
ohh so this is based off of slenderman? Awesome..I love slenderman :D Now I'm in the mood to read more creepy stories :P
Well done :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


Allycat

11 Years Ago

YES! that and the nightmare before Christmas are classics :D
Can it just be Halloween already?
Amanda

11 Years Ago

Ikr like i cannot wait for October :)
Allycat

11 Years Ago

same, I want October soo bad it's almost painful lol

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

383 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 15, 2012
Last Updated on September 15, 2012
Tags: Face, scary, stranger, steal, alone, death

Author

Amanda
Amanda

MA



About
i haven't been on this website in like three years??? oh my god everything is so s****y??? body, a:hover {cursor: url(http://cur.cursors-4u.net/others/oth-8/oth704.cur), progress !important;} more..

Writing
Love Stories Love Stories

A Poem by Amanda


War War

A Poem by Amanda


Heartbreaker Heartbreaker

A Poem by Amanda



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..