Seven

Seven

A Chapter by Amanda
"

Dun Dun DUUUUN

"

The next few days were a blur, leaving me exhausted most nights. With Fall coming up, I would have a lot more work to do. It was only a few days in and already the ground was scattered with leaves.

 

Not that I’m complaining. I love autumn the most out of all the seasons. The leaves are fun to crunch when I’m bored and it means I won’t need my AC to be cold so I can be warm. That’s just another weird thing about me; I like the cold because I can get warm.

 

My chocolate milkshakes transition into hot chocolate. Back when I had a girlfriend, I used to cuddle a lot more. But that ship has sailed, at least, it has for now.

 

Juliette hasn’t been the only girl on my mind lately, either. My dreams have been changing, straying from the gruesome death filled ones I’m used to. They are strange and dark and cryptic. Natalie is in them more often than not.

 

The one that’s been haunting me for days I dreamed last week, a few days after Julie had come home. Everything was different shades of black, and suddenly Juliette and Natalie would appear, about a foot apart. Juliette looked from me to Natalie, and then settled her silver eyes on me. Natalie was frowning, looking at me with round, and pleading eyes.

 

I tried to step forward and ask her what was wrong, but Juliette’s voice rang out the second my foot my lifted. “Be careful where you tread, Isaac Payne. Every step is another towards a future.”

 

“What are you talking about?” I cried, holding out my hand helplessly to her. Her blood red hair seemed to fall in deadly waves around her. She seemed…cold, robotic, wise.

 

This time when Juliette opened her mouth, her voice was deeper; more mature. I felt like I had heard it before. “Choose wisely.”

 

At that point, I woke up, bolting straight into the air. I hit my head on the shelf above my headboard, in case you’re wondering.

 

Though it’s a Friday night, I have nothing better to do than stay home. Juliette is sprawled on my loveseat, swinging her legs back and forth in the air. “So what’s going on with your domestic partner?”

 

I glance up at her from the laptop that’s resting on my chest. “My who?

 

“Your boyfriend,” she says without glancing up from the spot on the floor she’s been studying. “Drew, I think his name is.”

 

“With his girlfriend, still in denial of our love,” I say smoothly, scrolling through the pictures with captions and ridiculous comics.

 

“Sucks for you,” Juliette rolls off of the couch and onto the floor, into push-up position. Which is what she begins to do, for some odd reason.

 

“Ew, exercise,” I comment, going back to my lazy internet pictures.

 

Juliette rolls her eyes at me, but I’m too bored to care. Suddenly, she shoots up. “Someone’s trying to get in,” she hisses.

 

This is bad. People who try to get in afterhours usually have dark intentions, and I usually end up worse for the wear after their visits. I roll onto the floor, grabbing my phone and pull my hoodie over my head.

 

As we exit my little cottage, I grab a shovel. Despite the seriousness, I mutter, “Hardcore parkour!”

 

Juliette rolls her eyes at me and runs just fast enough so that she is gliding along side me. I can’t help but grin because running with Juliette, at night no less, has a calming effect. We make it to the gates in record time. “Hey! Who’s there?” I shout, holding my shovel at an angle.

 

The two doors rattle for a moment more and then there’s silence. “The f**k, Juliette?” I asked quietly, squinting into the darkness.

 

“It’s a girl,” she murmurs, staring into somewhere I can’t see.

 

After a few more moments of silence that my heart tries to fill with nervous pounding, I hear a timid, “Hello?”

 

“Who’s there?” I say gruffly, relaxing slightly. This could be a trap, I know it. Only, there was something about this voice that made me relax.

 

“Hi? Hello? Um, it’s Natalie…Isaac?” Now I recognized the voice for sure. My mind must’ve warped her voice in my dreams, because it never made my heart race like this.

 

Juliette gave me a sideways glance, half of her mouth pulling up in a smile. I opened my mouth, at a loss of what to say. Her pale fingertips began to fade until the rest of the her body was gone. A subtle breeze blew the ghost of a laugh sounding.

 

I shivered and came back to my senses. “Hey, yeah it’s Isaac…any reason you’re trying to break into my graveyard?”

 

There was silence for a moment before she answered her voice flat. “Sorry…and technically this isn’t a graveyard.”

 

Yeah? Why don’t you open up your eyes and see grave mistakes we relive here everyday?

“Oh yeah? How’s that?” I asked, a hint of a smile in my voice. I moved forward a few steps, almost touching the eight foot fencing that separated us.

 

“Graveyards are behind or next to churches, part of the property. This place is a cemetery. Cemeteries are designated for burying people. Since I see no churches in sight, this cannot be classified as a ‘graveyard’.” Her tone was defensive, a slight sarcastic edge to it. I liked it.

 

“You know what else I don’t see?” I asked, trying to be smooth. I should mention smoothness is not my forte.

 

“What’s that?” I heard a rustle, picturing her crossing her arms and I grinned, now leaning on the fence.

 

“I don’t see you. So why don’t I unlock the gate and you can come to my house and we can talk it out?” I felt my face burn, mentally slapping myself. God, I’m such an idiot.

 

My heart skipped a beat, I swear, when I heard the soft but confident, “Sure,” from the darkness in front of me.



© 2012 Amanda


Author's Note

Amanda
I'm sorry! I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry! I promise I'll get back to writing. Now that I've lost someone very important to me, I don't have much else to do. So I promise to defeat the ever evil Writer's Block!
Please forgive me C:

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Hug. I really liked this new chapter. Even though you lost your friend you have a lot.of love here and from other people around you and.I have a lot of love for you myself

Posted 11 Years Ago


yay! chappterrrrr!
what happened?

Posted 11 Years Ago


Amanda

11 Years Ago

Whatever nothing i can do
Sophie

11 Years Ago

do yo wanna message so you can talk about it?
Amanda

11 Years Ago

If you want
A week ago I snapped and I'm back to how I was over the summer only worse
So.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

170 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 4, 2012
Last Updated on November 4, 2012


Author

Amanda
Amanda

MA



About
i haven't been on this website in like three years??? oh my god everything is so s****y??? body, a:hover {cursor: url(http://cur.cursors-4u.net/others/oth-8/oth704.cur), progress !important;} more..

Writing
Love Stories Love Stories

A Poem by Amanda


War War

A Poem by Amanda


Heartbreaker Heartbreaker

A Poem by Amanda