~Preface~

~Preface~

A Chapter by Amanda
"

Something to think about

"
"Your world can end in the blink of an eye. One event, one unexpected twist of fate... and suddenly the world as you knew it... is gone. Forever. All that you held dear, all that you held close... is washed away in a sea of distant memory. Life... is cruel. Of this I have no doubt. But life continues on... with, or without you. One can only hope that one leaves behind a lasting legacy. But so often, the legacies we leave behind... are not the ones we intended."


The world has a sense of humor, a horrible one, but a sense of humor nonetheless. I mean, nature could have rebelled in 2012, when everyone was actually prepared for the apocalypse. By the time December rolled around, everybody had calmly excepted their fate (no twinkies, no life). When the twenty-first had come and gone, people were tense for around six months before they began to loosen up again.

Only two years later, the cities that had once been bustling were now devoid of playing children, chattering animals, busy folks on their way to work. One might describe it as lifeless. Crisp air that only blew remnants of the past away made the bright city eery. 

But lifeless was an inaccurate term, because there was definitely life, just not life as we knew it. Now the dead were the dominant species, the populace of the city and countryside. They milled about as if in hibernation mode, only becoming uncontrollable chaos when a sense provoked them to be. 

They fed on humans, there purpose much like that of a wasp. F**k s**t up, just f**k it all up. This new species had no mercy for that of their prey, these things brought death and violence and heartbreak.

But calling them a new species was a bit far-fetched, because really, if one thinks about it, they aren't all that different, are they?

.....  
 


© 2012 Amanda


Author's Note

Amanda
Here is da preface :D

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

130 Views
Added on December 7, 2012
Last Updated on December 7, 2012
Tags: Zombies, end


Author

Amanda
Amanda

MA



About
i haven't been on this website in like three years??? oh my god everything is so s****y??? body, a:hover {cursor: url(http://cur.cursors-4u.net/others/oth-8/oth704.cur), progress !important;} more..

Writing
Love Stories Love Stories

A Poem by Amanda


War War

A Poem by Amanda


Heartbreaker Heartbreaker

A Poem by Amanda