Good Morning (Chapter 7-part 01)

Good Morning (Chapter 7-part 01)

A Chapter by Amanda
"

What you wake up to can change a life.

"
I was dead tired. I don’t know what came over me, but all of a sudden- wham! I could barely move. If it weren’t for the little girl in my arms, I probably would’ve dropped like a sack of potatoes.

I was so tired, in fact, that I did not notice that the only bed was where we were all meant to sleep. I lightly tucked Emma in and stumbled backwards. I blinked my eyes hard and realized that Jack had caught me around the waist. I turned to look at him, still slightly fuzzy. He furrowed his brows, “Are you okay?”

“I…I don’t gnaw, man.” Instead of sounding like know, it sounded like gnaw. That’s great, now I sounded like I was mentally handicapped.

“I think you should go to bed. Let me just grab a sheet and the bed’s all yours,” I could see the worry behind his amusement.

So I carefully changed into my tight-fitting t-shirt and short pajama shorts, with all the focus I had. I crawled, literally, into bed and snuggled under the covers. I could feel Emma’s tiny hand loop into my hair. She always has a way of doing that, even when she sleeps. I was almost asleep until I realized that I didn’t know where Jack was.

I bolted up, despite my exhaustion earlier. “Jack?” I called, looking into the night-lit room, slight panic in my voice. He appeared in the darkness.

“What? Is something wrong?”

“Why aren’t you in bed?” I asked, slightly afraid of the answer. I didn’t want to know if it was because of me. I don’t know if I could handle that rejection.

“Well…I didn’t want to make you uncomfortable.” He seemed slightly tentative, like he didn’t know if I was joking or not.

“You won’t. Besides, it’s not fair to ask you to come along and then make you sleep on the damn floor.”

That was the first night I slept with my best friend.

No, we did not have sex, that’s kind of disgusting, I mean there’s a kid inches away. It started out with Emma facing my back, and he facing me.

I fell asleep rethinking over what had happened today. As Jack had said, I’d gone all Fruit Ninja on Nateri, he’d done something to Gale and Marcus, and we’d ran away with my little sister. That’s sort of when I blacked out into that place between awake and asleep.

When I awoke in the early morning, I was a bit surprised- for about two reasons. One, I hadn’t woken up since I’d fallen asleep and two, I had changed positions so now our sleep line was basically reversed. I could feel Jack’s fists and forearms on my back as he snuggled into me. I tried not to giggle.

I also tried to slightly move away, which granted me an arm draped securely over my waist. Having fun, I decided to experiment. I slowly scooched over to press into him. I giggled until-

Bad idea! BAD IDEA! I rolled away quickly so as to avoid any more contact with Jack…in all his morning glory. I giggled when I thought that and I guess Jack could feel it as his hand was still on my hip. “Wha so mifoony?” He asked sleepily.

That made me giggle harder. I watched as he struggled to overcome his sleepiness. Finally he sat up sleepily, rubbing his eyes. “What…what are you laughing at?” He looked confused.

“I think you might wanna tell your soldier to stand at ease,” I squeaked, covering my mouth with my hands and laughing harder.

“What?”

“Um, all the animals are getting antsy in the barn?” I was starting to calm down. He still look confused and I pleaded, “Please don’t make me say it.”

“Katrina, what is going on?” I glanced at his crotch. Thankfully he was wearing sweatpants at least. He finally got it. His cheeks turned the cutest shade of pink.

“Oh, uh, sorry. I’m…gonna go take a nice cold shower,” he smiled innocently at me, which made me chuckle.

“Have fun.”

He looked at me and winked, “I will.”

I’m pretty sure my jaw was on the floor.

TBC....


© 2012 Amanda


Author's Note

Amanda
Haha I laughed while writing this chapter, which is dedicated to Sophie, who I hope will like this :D and omg you would not believe this but the captcha is 'spank'

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Another awesome write

Posted 11 Years Ago


AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I am dying.
I'm so happy I gave you this idea :D He looked at me and winked, “I will.”
great chapter, keep going?

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

233 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 27, 2012
Last Updated on June 27, 2012
Tags: fluff, romance, funny


Author

Amanda
Amanda

MA



About
i haven't been on this website in like three years??? oh my god everything is so s****y??? body, a:hover {cursor: url(http://cur.cursors-4u.net/others/oth-8/oth704.cur), progress !important;} more..

Writing
Love Stories Love Stories

A Poem by Amanda


War War

A Poem by Amanda


Heartbreaker Heartbreaker

A Poem by Amanda



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


The Key The Key

A Story by Amanda


The Family The Family

A Poem by Amanda


Not Anymore Not Anymore

A Story by Amanda