What Makes You Beautiful (Four)

What Makes You Beautiful (Four)

A Chapter by Amanda
"

Here we go, now we have everything tied up and ready to go. Bring on the plot thickening!

"
When you smile at the ground it ain't hard to tell,
You don't know,
Oh oh,
You don't know you're beautiful,
-What Makes You Beautiful, One Direction




I went inside a few minutes later, before my grandmother could realize I was gone. Scruff greeted me eagerly at the living room door. Bella had woken up as well and she was sitting with the covers pulled up to her chin in my bed.

“What’s wrong, Belle?” I asked, sitting on the end of the cot.

“I hewd a noise.”

“Oh. It was nothing, okay? Just go back to sleep,” I soothed.

“I scared.”

“Fine, you can sleep with me. Okay?” I stood up.

“I guess.”

“Scooch over,” I muttered and climbed in beside her. I fell asleep pretty easily after that.

When I woke up, it was to screams. I was still fuzzy as I climbed out of bed haphazardly. Bella wasn’t there. Scruff was barking. Screams. It was loud. It was confusing. There was an orange glow outside and screeching. I clutched my head.

I stumbled down the stairs as my head cleared. “Memere…” I mumbled. She was standing in the doorway, illuminated by whatever was outside. She slowly turned toward me and I screamed.

Memere’s face was yellowish red and her teeth seemed more pointed. Her mouth was a deep red, as if it were washed with blood. One hand covered my mouth as I saw the chunk missing from her upper left arm. She let out a growl that was half scream and charged towards me. I screamed and dove out of the way.

“Memere, stop!” She turned again and growled. I bolted outside, foolishly thinking it would be safer. “HELP!”

Memere knocked me down and I grabbed her neck/chin area and tried to keep her mouth away from my body. “Somebody please! Memere, stop! Please!”

There was a crack as something hard connected with the side of her head. I rolled away quickly and stood up. A guy with a titanium baseball bat was standing next to me. He had a creepy glint in his eye. “Names Dave.”

“Emma.”

“I’d say you owe me one,” he came up behind me and pressed his body to mine.

“Get the f**k away from me!”

“You got a pretty mouth, someone should teach you how to use it,” he grinned at me and balled my fists to punch him in his stupid mouth.

Before I could, he dropped to the ground. Adam had both fists raised and was glaring at the a*****e. “Did he hurt you?”

“Adam.” was all I could say before my breath hitched and I started sobbing. I foolishly glanced at my grandmother, now still. I cried harder and Adam wrapped his arms around me.

“Shhh.” He stroked my hair comfortingly.
I pulled back and sniffled, “What the f**k, man?”

“I don’t know,” he frowned. “The world’s gone to s**t, I guess. People are eating people, they’re looting places, I don’t know.”

He pulled back for a second. “All I know is that when I woke up, all I could think about was you. And then…I didn’t know if you were okay and I got really scared and I tried to drive but my car wouldn’t start and-”

I cut off his rambling. As sweet as it was, I could only hear the sour in it. Some times it hurt more than others that I was just his best friend. But I’d take that over nothing, which I might face if I confessed. “It’s okay, Adam. I’m just glad you’re okay.”

“Me too.”

“Where’s Bella? Is she okay?” Obviously he’s seen Memere. My brain is now functioning again and I remember that my grandfather was also here. Oh my God. What about the rest of my family? What about Carlee?

“I…I don’t know.”

“Alright, we’ll look for her.” We went inside and he quietly closed the door and locked it.

“Papa?” I timidly called out. I glanced around the room. The fireplace was still smoldering, but the rest of the place looked untouched. Even my Xbox seemed eerily silent. “PAPA?”

I didn’t hear anything, so I we slowly swept through the first floor. Nobody was there, which was disappointing. I felt panic slowly rising in me. Where was my little sister?

I cautiously stepped up the stairs, one at a time, Adam right behind me. I could feel the heat of his body on mine and that made me slightly lose focus. What can I say, I’m a teenager.

I walked into our room and looked around. Like I said, my bed was empty. There was a pile of blankets by the couch that I hadn’t seen before. Other than that, everything was the same. I nodded towards it and made a move to go forward, but Adam stopped me.

“Let me do it,” he whispered. I felt my heart do a little jump in my chest at the thought of possibly losing him.  

“Be careful,” I mouthed.

He nodded and blinked as he turned towards the pile. Slowly and carefully, as my heart threatened to beat out of my chest, he lifted up a blanket. Then another. Nothing. There was nothing.

I felt my knees give out as I put my head in my hands. I someone hug me, but It wasn’t Adam. My eyes snapped open and I tensed myself to fight.

Oh my f*****g God.

Bella was hugging me, her little face tearstained. I hugged her back. Adam kneeled next to us. “Bella, where were you?”

“I was hidin’ behind da couch. Alder came in he was angwy.” Alder was our grandfather. He must’ve went out the back way, since I hadn’t seen him.

“It’s okay,” I cried softly, “We’re okay.”

I sniffled and tucked a stray piece of hair behind my ear. Adam sucked in a sharp breath and I glanced at him. “What?”

“You’re even beautiful when you’re crying.” He sounded dazed and I figured that whatever was happening to the world was finally catching up to him. I was nowhere near beautiful. I had auburn hair that was thick and annoying. It went down past my b***s, which was one of my best features. The best thing about me was probably my eyes. They were dark green with a little bit of gold and light brown flecked in.

I just smiled softly at him.

We went downstairs and began our preparations. I made sure all of the windows were locked and the shades and curtains were closed. He went around checking other things and gathering supplies like pillows and blankets. We piled them on top of each other and went on the search for food.

He was in front of the pantry reaching for something and had called my name. He turned around and our faces were inches apart. And five seconds later, he kissed me.

Oh hot f*****g damn.


© 2012 Amanda


Author's Note

Amanda
Okay! SO I'm finally back on track and my chapter are their usual length. Review please!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

beautifully evil chapter amanda! I love it!!!!!!!!!! :D and I agree with sophie. the last line is definately perfection!!!!!!!!! :D

Posted 11 Years Ago


Amanda

11 Years Ago

haha thanks :)
Abbie

11 Years Ago

ur welcome! your writing is amazing! :D
this isn't your fault but WHAT THE F**K YOUR GRANDMA TRIED TO EAT YOU AND UR KISSING YOUR BOYFRIEND. hormones. the chapter was great the twist was exciting great write.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Amanda

11 Years Ago

maybe ;)
Rhea752

11 Years Ago

lol
Amanda

11 Years Ago

:)
AAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
they last line is perfection.

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

443 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 29, 2012
Last Updated on June 29, 2012


Author

Amanda
Amanda

MA



About
i haven't been on this website in like three years??? oh my god everything is so s****y??? body, a:hover {cursor: url(http://cur.cursors-4u.net/others/oth-8/oth704.cur), progress !important;} more..

Writing
Love Stories Love Stories

A Poem by Amanda


War War

A Poem by Amanda


Heartbreaker Heartbreaker

A Poem by Amanda



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Just a Stage Just a Stage

A Poem by Amanda


Sexy Sexy

A Poem by Melody