Tonight, Tonight (Nine)

Tonight, Tonight (Nine)

A Chapter by Amanda

It's you and me and were runnin this town
And it's me and you and were shakin the ground
And ain't nobody gonna tell us to go cause this is our show
-Tonight, Tonight- Hot Chelle Ray



It’s been a few  days since Austin and Devon arrived and the accident happened. Devon told me that when they made their way over here, they killed at least a half-dozen. So I’m okay with staying here until Adam gets back up on his feet. Yesterday, Austin and I went out and put broken shards of glass on the three and a half foot wall that surrounds this place. I read it in one of my favorite books, Day By Day Armageddon by J.L. Bourne.

When I went to check on Adam, he looked relieved. I can only think of two reason why he’s not a zombie. One, he’s immune. Or two, the bite wasn’t deep enough. “What’s wrong?” I asked, curious.

He didn’t answer at first. I sat on his bed and he smiled tentatively. “Every time you go out there…I’m scared that something will happen. And I’m stuck here! I want to help….I want to be a good boyfriend.” The tips of his ears blushed in the cutest way.

I leaned in to kiss him. “You are a good boyfriend. I love you, Adam.”

He sighed, “I love you, too.”

“How are you feeling?” Everyday I get more edgier.

“Emma, where do actually think is better than here?” I don’t sense any mockery in his voice, he’s just curious. I don’t blame him. Before the world went to hell and brought back souvenirs, he played basketball. I played video games. I loved the idea of zombies, so I rented zombie related stuff. To me, it’s like I’m in the newest game. Which is true, this is  just a game, but it’s a different kind of game.

To him, it’s some freaky virus. Actually, not really to him, since he was bitten, but not turned. Actually, now that I think about it, there is a theory that it’s in all of us. It’s not the bite that turns us, that’s only what kills us. Whatever it is that reanimates people, it’s like a cancer. We all have cancer, it’s just not active. So, when we die, the virus activates.

But that’s just a theory.

“Well, I don’t know. We don’t know how bad this is, or what’s really going on. Definitely not a hospital, a mall, or a police station.” I rule out all the really bad places to go. You do not  go to a place where the set of movies take place regularly. I know most of them end kind of well, but that is a lie.

“We’ll need to go somewhere with a lot of food. Somewhere to sleep. Heat isn’t really a problem, since the average temperature here is about seventy-five degrees.”

“Hey,” he sat up, his eyes bright with an idea. “What about the high school?”

I thought about it. It was actually a pretty good idea. The high school had everything we’d need, at least I think it did. It was probably our best bet.
~XX~XX~XX~

A week after the incident, we were making our way to the high school. Bella was holding my hand and I was holding Adam’s. For the first five minutes or so, everything seemed normal, just quiet.
About fifteen minutes from the school, we began to see the walkers. I saw Adam tighten his hold on the shovel. I felt worry stew in the pit of my stomach. Devon grinned as he held his father’s machete. Austin had a handgun in his pocket and a baseball bat with nails in it. I let go of Adam’s hand and stepped back. He looked at me and I think he suddenly realized where we were.

He kissed me, holding my face in his hands. “Love you.”

“I love you, too. Be safe.”

“Always,” he grinned as they stepped up. Seven zombies turned their heads and let out their screech. I turned away, clutching Bella to myself.

We were about five minutes away when I saw a familiar house. “Wait!” I called. I let go of Bella’s hand and began to walk towards it. Adam grabbed my wrist.

“Where are you going?” he asked, confused and slightly afraid.

“Carlee,”  I whispered and pointed.

“Oh,” he said and nodded. Austin handed me the baseball bat and Adam and I made our way towards the house. The door as slightly open and hand a bloody hand print on it. I swallowed the heart that was pounding it’s way up my throat.

“Carlee?” I called, afraid of what would answer. The house was silent.

“Carlee?” Adam and I yelled together, holding hands. I heard a shuffle from the closet inches away from me and I screamed. Adam swung around, pulling me into his chest.

We waited.

And waited.

The door burst open and I got ready to swing. I screamed again and felt tears burn my eyes. “CARLEE!”

“EMMA!”

We hugged each other hard, and I felt relief explode in my stomach. One more friend of mine was alive. These days, though, I wasn’t sure if that was a blessing or a curse.



© 2012 Amanda


Author's Note

Amanda
Okay, so now we got six main characters and a new setting...what ever could happen?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

LIVING IN A HIGH SCHOOL!!!! my dream come true :P

Posted 11 Years Ago


:D continue please :D

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

341 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 3, 2012
Last Updated on September 22, 2012


Author

Amanda
Amanda

MA



About
i haven't been on this website in like three years??? oh my god everything is so s****y??? body, a:hover {cursor: url(http://cur.cursors-4u.net/others/oth-8/oth704.cur), progress !important;} more..

Writing
Love Stories Love Stories

A Poem by Amanda


War War

A Poem by Amanda


Heartbreaker Heartbreaker

A Poem by Amanda



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Just me Just me

A Poem by Amanda


Let It Rain (One) Let It Rain (One)

A Chapter by Amanda


Drama Drama

A Poem by Amanda