Oh What A Fun Day

Oh What A Fun Day

A Story by Wulfstan Crumble

A Few interesting days in my life. Things i have experienced and things i have learnt.

Today i learnt that Australians don't speak.

Today i got third place in a Christian poetry competition with a poem about my pagan yearnings.

Today i learnt that Napoleon was American and discovered Australia.

Today i also learnt that one of my students lives in a football.

But, there were some serious things too. I will forget the racial abuse on the train (well, not because im white or British but because im non-japanese). I was asked to teach a class sixth-period. It was about Australia (hence the afformentioned "facts").

Today i learnt that the British sent old and dead people to Australia.

So, i got down to researching deadly animals, sporting, cultural and geological facts plus some good old slang. Frog in a sock (angry) etc...found out that i speak a load of it already. Which is odd because i never watched Neighbours.

Then, my teaching partner came up to me halfway through the fifth period. She had made a mistake. Being the foreigner i dont have a schedule to work from (a running battle). So we rushed upstairs to find the deputy-headmaster, the homeroom teacher (Form Tutor) and the teacher from nextdoor standing around looking angry.

As a student, what do you do when your teacher doesn't turn up?

Don't say party... ok, well we would have. But, responsible kids go down to the teacher's room and find the teacher.

J-logic, my students instead decided to shout as loud as possible so that the teacher in the next room would hear them and come to the rescue. Which he did. But, he was seriously pissed off. So, my teaching partner and i entered the room all breezy, apologetic and smiling to see a western standoff... The nextdoor teacher had one of the students in the corner. He shout. Everyone looks scared. Then he asks who else was shouting. A boy stands up, looking sheepish, and is summoned to the teacher.

Whereby the teacher punches him in the face twice... it took every ounce of my body not to attack the teacher. Confident was i that the Japanese system would fire his f*****g arse for blatent assault.

Today the teacher was working normally as if nothing had happened... I am left in a quandry.

 
Please No Javascript
Share Writer Stats  


 

© 2008 Wulfstan Crumble


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

134 Views
Added on February 8, 2008

Author

Wulfstan Crumble
Wulfstan Crumble

Cirencester, England, and Kishiwada, Osaka, United Kingdom



About
Wulfstan Crumble is a 27 year old Englishman. He is currently working on a plethora of pieces for various anthologies and magazines (hoping not all will get rejected). He really hopes that some o.. more..

Writing