Strangulation Point 2

Strangulation Point 2

A Story by Wulfstan Crumble

15mins 37 Seconds…

        Everard stood before the three victims inspecting the coils around their necks. Sara Rhee placed a hand upon his arm. “You don’t know the answer do you?”
        “No, I lied. But,” He tried to smile weakly, “I have worked half of it out.”
        He showed her his notebook. A name and a number had been scribbled upon it. Sara looked for a few moments and nodded her head thoughtfully. Everard tried to look smug, “He said times instead of by when giving the room’s measurements.”
        “Why would you do that?”
        “Give the measurements? Some people just want to get caught, you know that.”
        “Okay.” She leaned into him. “How about this one?”
        “These three people are from different parts of the age spectrum. One is young and maybe has a baby. This guy is middle-aged. And the old lady is well… old, she has a cane which is classic for the myth.”
        “And you solved it that quickly?”
        “Well, Epi Duso did it really, not me.”
        It was then that Ranophe Bell joined them. “I wrote down the statistics about or potential victims. They’re a bit odd, just numbers really. It could be something mathematical. No times or divides. Oh, and I found this marking the pub crawl guidebook on page 69.”
        He handed over Amy Manewarring’s I.D. card.
        “It should say Mainwarring right? If so I think I know who she is. She’s one of those teen mothers except she ain’t. The baby wasn’t hers.”
        “She stole it?” Sara shouted. “What kind of monster does that?”
        Ranophe recoiled a little before trying to calm her down. “No, no, it’s not like that. She gave birth to the baby. She wasn’t a host mother either. She conceived with some snotty brat and got pregnant, gave birth then the shocker. The baby got ill, I cant remember how, but anyway they tested Amy and turns out she wasn’t the mother. A few tests later they realised that Her womb and ovaries had different DNA to the rest of her. It seems her twin and her amalgamated into a single organism in the womb.”
        Everard began to think. Then he took a look at his teams. The lanciform Hugo Spears sat inspecting the horse and angel wings. Meanwhile Gus Pesa sat staring at Joe’s belt, horoscope and snake’s tail. “This is some weird s**t. I mean what use are they to anyone? Who needs a snake tail?”
        At the same time Beta team’s Epi Duso and Alberto Sphingo had clustered around Dora Pandleson’s box. Epi looked up to see Everard gazing in his direction. “Err sir, they are definitely her wig and her red ring.”
        He got up, with some distress, and took Dora’s hand. “See, she has a tan line where the ring used to be. Someone took her red ring off and put it in the box even though she never took it off, even to sunbathe. Plus the hair on her head now, it’s a fake.”
        Rhee put her hands on her hips, “And what does that prove?”
        Epi shrugged, “No idea.”
        Everard smiled, “All information is good information. Except one box of course. He said each team can figure a monster out. So think about yourselves for a few minutes.”
        Then he turned back to his coils and the notebook.
 

© 2008 Wulfstan Crumble


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

156 Views
Added on February 13, 2008

Author

Wulfstan Crumble
Wulfstan Crumble

Cirencester, England, and Kishiwada, Osaka, United Kingdom



About
Wulfstan Crumble is a 27 year old Englishman. He is currently working on a plethora of pieces for various anthologies and magazines (hoping not all will get rejected). He really hopes that some o.. more..

Writing