My girl

My girl

A Story by Deck_As_Heck
"

A story I wrote about love :)

"
                    My girl 
A short story By: Lindsay Naumann

I finished writing in my journal and closed it. The smell of the fresh ink wafted near my nose. I closed my eyes and inhaled. "Fresh thoughts." I said. I opened my eyes abruptly when I heard a knock on the door. My heart jumped and I slid the book under my bed then ran to the door. I rolled my eyes and opened it. My little sister stood there looking at me with her big blue eyes. I've always envied her big eyes. "Sarah, what do you need?" I asked. She tucked her curly blond hair behind her ear. "Mommy said I needed to do something peeraductive." she said struggling with the last word. "Do you mean purductive? I asked. She nodded and I let her in and turned on my t.v. to Dora The Explorer. She jumped in my beanbag chair with her stuffed bear. I smiled when she started singing the theme song. She was too cute to hate. Most kids hate their little siblings. I love her way too much. My mom says I'm going to be a wonderful mom. Lots of people say I look alot older than I am. That reminds me of one afternoon. I took Sarah to the park because she had been sick for a week and hadn't been out to play. I remember that day almost perfectly. It makes me laugh everytime I think about it. The sun was out and the gravel was hot. I was in a faze where I thought shoes were overrated So I went everywhere barefoot. I think I still have callouses from the scalding pavement. Sarah was still coughing a little bit but she was so ready to go to the park. While we were walking, a woman about fifty or sixty came up to me. "She is so pretty, how old is she?" the woman asked curiously.  I was sort of confused but answered the woman nicely. "She's five." I replied. 
"Wow you look very young for having a five year old."she said sounding very surprised.
"Oh no no she's not my daughter, she's only my sister." I chuckled. " Sorry for the confusion." 
"Well you look alot older for your age I bet that comes handy with boys." she nudged my shoulder and smiled.
"Oh i don't know I don't really know much about boys." I replied stuttering alot "Um well I should get Sarah to the park, it was nice talking to you though." 
I walked away quickly. "Who was that?" Sarah asked me. "I don't know." I answered her. I pulled her arm as she stood there staring at the woman when she walked away. 
That day always makes me laugh when I reminisce.
It also makes me think about boys more. Especially Aaron, a boy that goes to my school. He is georgous, beyond georgous. My friends always tell me to talk to him but I've never been good at talking to boys. One day when I was at school, I dropped my pencil in biology. It was clearly a movie - like scene. I drop my pencil, he picks it up at the same time that I try To and we touch hands. All of my friends ooh and ah over it but, I don't see what the big deal is! So I brushed my hand against his, big deal! My friends overact way too much.
      I yealped  as I felt the smashing pain in my left foot. I brought my mind back to reality and saw Sarah standing in front of me with a frown and sunken eyebrows. I looked around, trying to find the source of the pain in my foot. My foot throbbed so I grabbed it and rubbed it. Angerly I took ahold of sarahs shoulders and shook her body. "Sarah, Did you stomp on my foot?" I yelled. "Well you wouldn't listen to me!" "You were just daydreaming." She replied. 
I stood up and put my palm on her back and lead her to the door. "But jordan!" she pleaded
"Out!" I yelled in her face. She crossed her arms and stomped out the door and I slammed it behind her.
I jumped on my bed and covered my face with my pillow. A groan escaped my mouth when I heard another knock on the door. My fist pounded into my mattress as I pulled myself up and walked to the door. I opened it violently and expected Sarah to be standing there with her big blue innocent eyes. Instead it was my mom holding the telephone. Quickly I put on a happy face. "Who is it." I whispered. 
"I think he said his name is Aaron." she replied quietly. At this moment I was absolutely petrified and I knew she could see it. She shoved the phone into my hands.
Slowly I pulled the phone up to my ear. "hhhello?" 
"Jordan?" he asked. 
"Yeah." I replied. Swallowing right after. "Hey it's Aaron I spent all day looking for your phone number, do you think you would want to go see a movie with me tonight?
I was totally speechless. All I could get out was, "Uh umm ah sssssure, hang on and let me see if I can. I tried to act cool I put my hand over the reciever and walked into the living room. I leaned up against the wall. 
"Hey mom can I go see a movie with Aaron tonight?"
"I don't see why not." she replied. "Cool." I said walking back to the bedroom. Really I wanted to jump up and down and hug her. 
I put the phone back up to my ear. "So I'll see you tonight!" I said eagerly. 
"I'll be there around six to pick you up." he replied. 
"alright bye." I said. I hung up the phone then jumped on my bed.
"Im going out with Aaron!" "Im going out with Aaron!" I sang


As the hours started passing I was getting ready. 
I have never been out with anyone. My heart started beating so fast. I heard the doorbell ring and I couldn't breathe.  "Jordan!" my mom yelled. I took a deep breath and walked into the livingroom. It was him. He stood in the doorway with a sort of mysterious badboy look on his face.  His brown hair flipped out all the way around his head and covered the blue sky that was his eye. He wore a white button down and the sleeves were rolled all the way up to his elbows. His hands rested in the pockets of his dark skinny jeans. He cleans up good. His eyebrows lifted when he looked me from head to toe. Like he wasn't expecting me to look so good. "So should we get going?" he asked. " uh um sure," I stuttered. He could tell but he just brushed it off with a smile. We walked out the door and a chill went up my spine and escaped with a breath. Aaron noticed and handed me his jacket. "You know, your pretty insane for wearing a tanktop in the middle of January." he laughed. I covered my face, embarrased and giggled. He was right, I am insane.

I fixed my skirt. The damn thing kept sticking to the zig zag pattern on the chair in the food court. Aaron sat back down at the wobbly table and handed me a coke. "so..." I said, sipping my coke. "So." he replied. I looked down and pushed my bangs to the side so I could see. "Why did you ask me to go out with you." I asked nervously. He looked around the food court as if he was waiting for someone to arrive. He looked at me. "Huh?" he asked continuing the hunt in his eyes. "um..nevermind." I replied, irritated. Who was he looking for? "do you wanna go walk around for a while?"he asked. I gave an appologetic smile.   We walked around most of the mall before either of us said anything. "Okay so tell me about you." "I mean what's your story?" he asked with a smile. "well I've lived in Maine for most of my life until my dad took a job in Wichita eight years ago." " I have a little sister named Sarah that is insane." and...my favorite  color is yellow, does that about cover it?" he laughed and I smiled. " yeah that's all I need to know." he chuckled. We walked some more and talked some more. I stopped when I saw the big movie theatre sign."What do you say we just skip the movie and keep walking?"  "Sure." I replied eagerly. He inertwined his fingers with mine and my stomach flipped upside down. He rubbed my hand with his thumb. The way he looked at me was incredible, a dream come true. "let's go." he said. We walked about four feet until it came to a halt when aarons friend Jason walked around the corner and Aaron let go of my hand abruptly. My grin quickly faded to a frown. Jason waved a twenty dollar bill in front of aaron's face. Aaron pushed his hand down and shushed him. But all he did was rip his hand free and continue talking. "wow dude you did it. You went out with nerdy Jordan you deserve every bit of this." my heart sank and the tears welled behind my eyelids and I ran toward the exit. I heard Aaron yell my name but I hated him. When I got outside, my clothes were instantly soaked. The rain was coming down hard. It was amazing how similar the rain and my life were. I knew this was too good to be true.
My shoes squished against the pavement and my skirt dripped into small puddles below me. I walked up the driveway and slid open the back door. My mom, who was obviously up waiting for me was surprised when I came in at a quarter to eight. "short movie?" she asked. I ran to my room "I don't want to talk about it mom." I yelled and slammed the door. Tears poured out of my eyes and I shoved my face into my pillow. The door creaked slowly and my mom came and sat by me on my bed, repositioning me to lay my head on her chest. "I know sometimes it's hard to talk to your mom but you know you can tell me anything." she said quiet and solomn. "he pretended to like me!" "he held my hand and everything!" "his friend bet him twenty dollars to go out with me." I said holding back tears. Is this what a broken heart feels like?

Even though my heart is crushed and my life is a fiasco I still could not get my mind off of Aaron. As soon as I thought I had it together the tears flooded out of my eyes again. My phone buzzed and I flipped it open with my thumb. I sniffled and read the message from Peyton. She's my best friend. We first met in kindergarten when she took my sandwich. We eventually split it in half and we've been friends ever since. 
I opened the message and read it. Meet me at the mall in 20 It said. 
I closed the phone and ran into the living room. My shoes sat by the door so I slipped them on, grabbed a protein bar and ran out the door. 
There were still puddles on the ground from last nights shower. I bent down on the wet pavement to pick up a heads-up penny. I could use all the luck I could get. My ugly nerdy reflection was staring me in the face as I stared into a muddy puddle. Slowly I made my way to the mall.  I walked up to the entrance and saw Peyton sitting on the steps in the front. She was wearing her green plaid skinny jeans with her pink stripey tanktop. She was never one to match her clothes. And not to mention her yellow heels. She was always the one with the free willing spirit. I was more like the organized type. "Peyton, are you boycotting lights?"  I said looking her up and down. Her eyebrows sunk and she linked her arm in mine. "You just have no imagination." she replied in an independent tone. we walked up the steps and into the mall. "Lets go pick out what Im wearing tomorrow!" she said jumping up and running towards the JCpenny. My head whipped backwards and I flung forwards. I ran after her. She kicked her shoes off and picked them up so she could run faster.
I stayed close to the doors in the womens section flipping through the clothes that were on sale. Some of the shirts were cute so I draped them over my arm. I walked up to the checkout counter and layed the clothes on the shiny surface.  The woman looked at me with tired, anoyed eyes. She just stared at me while she swiped the tags. My eyes refoccused on the floor. She was starting to make me uncomfortable.  "looks like it's gonna be $10.25. She said in an exasperated tone. I handed her the cash and she shoved everything in a bag. "have a nice day!" I cheered. "Sure.  thanks kid." she replied in the same tone. I brushed it off with a smile continuing my shopping day. Peyton was nowhere to be found. My phone began to ring, it was Peyton. I could tell because she has a different ringtone than anyone else.
I unbuttoned my bag, realizing I shouldn't have put my phone on the loudest setting.  Everybodys heads turned towards me as I shuffled through my purse. "Hello." I said as I flipped my phone open in an embarrased tone. My knee cracked against a metal pole when I bent down behind the clothes. I bit my lip. "where the hecky are you silly goose?" she replied. "exactly where you left me remember silly goose.?" I said mocking her. I closed my phone with a click and walked out to the front steps and sat down. While picking at a loose string on my converse, I started thinking about Aaron and how he messed with my head. How could I still like him? He shattered my heart into a million pieces. But even though he crushed me and made me feel like dirt there must have been something there. The way his eyes sparkled when he looked at me.  The soft touch of his hand on mine. I reached up and touched my chest. My heart started beating fast. I got up in one swift motion and ran back through the doors of the mall. Searching through the clothes and shoes. I lost my grandmothers gold locket and it could be anywhere. I sent Peyton a text telling her that I went home and I would call her later. I walked down the steps with tears streaming from my eyes. My shoes squished from the remaining water left in the soles as I walked out to the busy street. The door creaked when I walked into the livingroom my mom was wiping her tears with a tissue. She was mumbling about the people on her soap operas. I just rolled my eyes and went in my room and flipped on my tv. I threw myself on my bed. It seemed like everything on tv was about boys and what jerks they are. I just turned it off and smashed my face in my pillow. "whoever invented teenagers sucks!" I screamed. My phone sang it's defalt tone. I sniffled, wiped my tears and flipped open my phone. It was an unknown number telling me to go to memory park. A part of me wanted to go but another part of me wanted to stay and cry in my pillow. Small drips of blood were squeezing themselves out of my lip. I was biting it so hard I made myself bleed. The decision was final I was going to meet this mysterious person at the park. I slipped my sandals on and slid my arms in my blue jacket. A lump grew in my throat as I stood in front of the door and just staring at it. All I could think was "girl you are crazy." as I turned the knob. My walk to that park was probably the longest walk of my life. My feet skidded to a stop when I tilted my head upward and stared at the sign. "Memory Park, come in with hopes leave with a memory." I walked through the gates and up the winding path until I saw a young man across the other side of the park sitting on the fountain Checking the time every ten seconds. Something led me to him. Like that's where I was supposed to go and that's who I was supposed to meet. As I got closer, my stomach flipped upsidedown. It was Aaron. I stopped in my tracks. I suddently got really angry and I wondered if I should turn around or keep going. I decided to keep going. Obviously I was here for a reason. I swallowed hard and walked towards the fountain. Aarons head jerked up and he looked at me with those same eyes. I wanted to cry but I had to keep my composure. He stepped off the fountain and started walking towards me. I couldn't even look at him. He grabbed my hand, opened my clenched fist and draped my grandmothers locket across my palm. My face lit up as I closed my fingers around the antique and pressed it to my chest. "where did you find it?" I asked excitedly. He licked his bottom lip. "It fell out of your pocket when you ran away at the mall the other day.". He replied. "so why did you do it?" I asked him calmly. "um I don't really know but if it helps, it was probably the best day of my life." he replied solmnly. Tears started to well up in my eyes. He came closer and pressed his body against mine. Our noses were almost touching. "Jordan, I never really looked at you but, when you looked in my eyes I knew what people were saying about love at first sight." I couldn't breathe I just had to be dreaming. "I can't spend one more day without you." he pressed his lips against mine and I could feel my heart being put back together. He pulled away and looked at me. He grabbed my head and kissed my forehead and gently kissed my nose.  He twirled me in a circle. "your my girl." he said looking at me with those same sparkling eyes.    
              

© 2011 Deck_As_Heck


Author's Note

Deck_As_Heck
Ignore grammar. Tell me what u think. :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I can't believe I didn't even look at the picture! Ben + Zooey = Cutest couple in history. :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


This was such a great story!!!!! Fabulous job!!!!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Ahh! I love this story!!! =) Great job =D

Posted 12 Years Ago


I had to finish it today and let me give you my most honest opinion. I LOVED IT!!! It was amazing! I love romance and you definitely showed that here in a beautiful way. 100/100 for sure and added to my favorites!!!! I will read request this to many people! It's AWESOME!!! Keep up the amazing work!!! :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


So, I didn't finish it yet... and will give another review when I completely finish it, but so far very interesting! Has me hooked. Is this a true story? Anyway, loved it and will finish it tomorrow if I can! :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


Good use of "wafted" in the beginning. :)
And I love this story, you need to put it in some "happiness" or "loooove" contest. It's so great for that, made me smile. :) Plus so much suspense and whatnot beforehand. I love it!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Its Awesome..:)

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

316 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on April 16, 2011
Last Updated on April 20, 2011

Author

Deck_As_Heck
Deck_As_Heck

pratt, KS



About
I love to write... obviously. :) in my spare time i am a photographer. check out my page at www.facebook.com/sunrayephotography I like to think the world is a perfect place and always live life on my.. more..

Writing