Creatures

Creatures

A Chapter by suvivorof7
"

Everything was fine until the governement started testing on humans for a cure for cancer. That is why we now have screamers, and have to fight for our lives.

"

Prolougue

I heard a noise outside our door. Who could possibly be out this late? I let the noise roll off my shoulder, it was probably just an animal. I went back to playing with my son Nate as my husband Bobby looked over us reading the news paper. I heard the noise again and I turned to my husband and he looked at me peering over the paper in his hands. After a brief moment of unspoken words he nodded and folded the paper before setting it down on the coffee table. I let my eyes follow him as he left the room to go check out what was making the noise. The tall man left the room leaving me and our son alone. After he was out of sight I got to my feet before turning back towards Nate. I kneeled down before him and picked him up. “It’s time for bed, sweetheart.”

            After my son was tucked into bed, I got changed and climbed into my own bed waiting for my husband to return.

            As time passed he did not return and this worried me. He should not have been gone this long, there was nothing outside. After a few more minutes passed I turned my head to the clock, it read 12:14am. I decided I should go check to see what was taking him that long. I climbed out of bed my pink nightgown clinging to my pale legs. I still couldn`t put my finger on why Bobby had not returned. I walked out of my room and into the hall, but before I could set foot on the stairs I heard a crash in Nate’s room. I turned around on my heels before making a bee line for my son. When I reached the doorway to his room, I stopped. The window had been opened and a vase smashed on the floor. My son’s cries rang in my ears and I moved towards him. After I picked him up I turned back around towards the window. What could have been trying to get into his room? Then an idea hit me and I ran towards the window. Bobby! But when I got there, no one was in sight. I poked my head out the window slightly to check out what the night was like, when I heard screaming bellow me. My head snapped to look down and I saw my husband bent over in the ground and a silhouette standing next to him. I wanted to scream I wanted to say something but words would not leave my mouth. I stared down at the ground and watched as the last breath drew from my husband’s mouth as the figure smashed a bat over his head taking his life.  Nothing was holding back now, I screamed down at him. “NO BOBBY!” The head of the figure turned to look up at me before. I took in a deep breath but it was caught short as the thing flung itself into the air and onto the roof in front of the window. That was when I realised it wasn’t a bat it was holding, it was a crowbar. I looked from its hand to its face. It dripped with blood and it seemed to be torn around the jaw its teeth showing through. It had no hair and it took on a colour of a grayish green, there was no mistake this thing wasn’t human. I slammed the window down, and sunk to the floor holding Nate tight to my chest. My eyes were now full of tears as I thought about the creature that rested outside of my window.  Next thing I knew it was at the window peering in at me as it banged on it trying to get in. I screamed scared for not only myself but my little son that I held in my hands. I held him close and tried my best to crawl across the room to the door.

Outside the room I slammed the door shut, and the banging stopped. I knew that letting that thing get Nate was not in the question. I stood to my feet and ran down the stairs my feet thumping against the floor. I came to the kitchen and opened the drawer trying to find the biggest knife in them. After a few moments I pulled out a butcher knife and hit the drawer closed with my hip.  Tears streamed down my face as I walked to the fridge to pull out a bottle to see if I could get Nate to calm down. But just as I pulled it out another noise caught my attention and when I looked up another thing was at the kitchen window. I yelled only making my son cry even further. This one was different it had decaying hair on the top of its head and its finger nails were so long the curled at the ends. I backed up into the living room only to hear a window smash behind me. I only turned half way before I was knocked onto the floor by yet another one of these creatures. What the hell was going on!? I scrambled to my feet making a running start towards the kitchen again, as the creature limped my way. The burst through the window must have injured it. I took one look at the thing in the window again and told myself I needed to get out of the house. I looked over at the door situated in the kitchen and peered out the window briefly before I swung open the door and started to run. I ran out towards the lake we lived on, not knowing where I was going. I could hear the creatures snarling behind me and I knew I would be a goner in a matter of minutes. But then I remembered out shed, we had an axe in there and a crowbar. I shifted my body weight and turned towards the shed. I ran as fast as I could, clutching to the bottle in my hand. I had dropped the knife when I had gotten knocked over. Finally after forever, it seemed, of running I made it to the shed. But I knew I wouldn’t be safe for long.

            My heart pounded in my chest and sweat was running down my face and body, my pink nightgown getting wet as I stood there. I clung to my baby boy, he was continuing to cry. I tried my best to shush him, shoving the bottle into his mouth. I looked around the shed as he began to quiet. Where was the axe? My eyes passed over a few things, a box of laundry that I had forgotten to hang that day, a table filled with screws and tools to build something my husband had been planning to build for a long time. Finally my eyes came across the axe and I let a smile cross her face for the first time that night. But there was no way I would be able to swing that thing with one hand. I refused to let these creatures get Nate. I heard the snarls of the beasts near, and I had to make a quick decision. I hurried over to the box of laundry and set Nate in it with his bottle. He was almost asleep again. Tears rolled over my cheeks, how could I leave him there? I pulled a few pieces of clothing over him hiding him from anything that might enter the shed. I kissed him lightly on the forehead before whispering, “Be strong my little on. I love you.” I backed away and walked to the table before pulling a piece of paper and ripping it in half. I took the pen that rested and wrote a quick note. Please take good care of Nate. With that I placed in under the blankets with my son and grabbed the axe. I took on last look in the direction my son was, I knew he would be safe, before I turned my attention back to the door. I could hear the creatures making their way onto the roof of the shed and took in a deep breath holding the axe in my tight grip before I flung open the door letting it slam behind me and making a run for the front of the house.

Sweat poured over my body, and I only took one look back to make sure all of the things were following me. And sure enough they were. My Nate would be safe for now. I turned back and took off in a sprint. When I reached the front of the house I turned to face it, the memories I had in the house flooding my mind. I watched as about a dozen creatures pile over and around my home in my direction. They were loud and annoying, but all I knew was I wasn’t going down with a fight. I let my hand play over the axe for a moment as they neared. My blue eyes watched as the first one took a move and I swung my axe at it with both hands and watched as it flew backwards, but to my surprise it got up as if it had not gotten hurt. I swung at the next on that came and took it’s arm right off. I backed up and swung at the rest, but when I looked back at the one I had taken the arm of, it was as if I had never cut it off. I watched in awe as it grew back. I knew there was no way I could defeat these creatures, but I continued to swing as the creatures came at me.

After about three minutes my arms were getting tired and I could no longer take it. The things flew at me in every which direction and all I could do was let them take me to the ground. The sound of sirens were off in the distance as I screamed in pain. The things were clawing at my flesh , and some had weapons. I struggled under them as they beat me and ripped me open.  I knew then there was no hope for me and as the sirens neared my eyes shut, and I was overcome by darkness. Then I felt nothing, everything was over. 



© 2013 suvivorof7


Author's Note

suvivorof7
This story has gone through multipul people. If there are any mistakes I am sorry.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

109 Views
Added on February 20, 2013
Last Updated on February 20, 2013
Tags: Creatures, horror, creepy, good read


Author

suvivorof7
suvivorof7

bailieboro, on, Canada



Writing
Creatures Creatures

A Book by suvivorof7