Awaiting A Story Awaited....

Awaiting A Story Awaited....

A Story by Surya
"

Thousands of years ago, from now............

"

‘Enough, Richard don’t spoil your precious time on this myth, it’s been years and I don’t think it gonna work, I beg you to back yourselves to our pleasing life’ cried Marie, of course she is ‘cause it’s been years Richard spending his time on inventing a fluid that can transform a cursed pigeon back into human form.Now Marie can’t let her husband waste his time on making his theory work. Enough is enough are the only words currently Marie wanted to say to her love but she managed herself to make it better so that Richard won’t get irritated. May be a chance, a moment that, Richard stops everything he is doing now.

‘Oh Marie! Am so close sweetie, just a step or two gonna make wonders, after all we are succeeded in creating a time machine for this pigeon to fly back into his kingdom to save his reign and love, see that, just a step or two, That’s all and if it won’t work I promise you that I will stop whatever am doing now for my sanity’ Richard tried explaining her, indeed begging her for a chance.

‘Ok, let me ask before you passing orders to stop my theories and invention, How much do you know about this pigeon’ asked Richard to his wife, Marie.

‘Oh common now! You have been wasting your time since ten years and you asking me this question now? Ok then, let me share my knowledge, you used to say that,

Many years ago, 1600 I remembered, A grateful king brave and generous named after his word to people and seekers had awarded with a curse by a river in terms for blocking and diverting her path to save his kingdom---

And now you are making efforts for this unknown great king of your grand pa’s tale, where history concluded his tale as a myth’, huh, hesitated Marie after speaking what she knows about that pigeon.

‘Haha, Oh my Marie! Great king namely, Dringo, was cursed. I accept. But the reason for his curse, after your statement, seems like you know nothing about him and story behind his curse’ smiled Richard with a glance meaning, you have to accept your defeat Marie.

‘Ok in that case, will you let me know what it is, exactly, Please’ Marie tried insulting him but ended up with pleasing Richard to let her know the story behind the pigeon’ curse.

‘I will my love.’ Richard now with a great enthusiasm started narrating the whole story---

‘1600 years ago from now, Dringo a great king named after his word and sword used to rule, Reinaka kingdom. Before his twenties he mastered in every aspect a king should have, and after he named as king to Reinaka, he fought two great battles to protect his kingdom ofcourse. These battles bought him glory than any of the king ruled Reinaka.A few days later, he started on a  voyage on a river, Banaka, on a business deal for better missionaries and equipments inturn offering his friendship with Sarroha kingdom, named after their peace and humanitic rule. On his voyage he learned about this mystical river, banaka, having powers to destroy and even to create anything that matters on land and water. He was surprised on the powers of the great river, Banaka. Three days spending on waters they reached Sarroha kingdom, where they were welcomed greatly and Dringo felt honored for their generosity.

            Dringo was made to be seated in the great hall of Sarroha. Few people started praising their dignity to welcome their king, Rathunda, and after there meeting which ended successfully. Rathunda  offered all his pleasure for his  noble guests from Reinaka and asked Dringo to stay for a week, so that they feel it as honoured.Dringo had no other option except to nod his head.There in a week, Dringo fell in love with the princess of Sarroha, sister of Rathunda. They both were in love. After days they were married. Dringo along with his wife, the queen of Reinaka, Vallaha crossed the river with pride they stepped in Reinaka and celebrations started in Reinaka. Since the very first night of their arrival, everything in their surroundings behaved terribly, it started raining heavily which continued for a day heavily almost like it drowned Reinaka kingdom. Sailors who were on river never returned to Reinaka, as river Banaka dancing in rage.There were heavy winds day and night. Dringo trembled knowing nothing to do. He requested finest priests and chanters from Reinaka to find a solution for that terrible situation they suffering. None got a clue for the problem.

        Out of nowhere oldest saints of all from Reinaka stepped into  hall, to explain the cause of the scenario they were going through.

 His excellency, your ancestors violated laws of nature with Sarraha kings, years ago, that made powerful saints from these forests around us have to curse these Kingdoms. And no descendant of both the kingdoms can learn about this curse.” What is the curse, explain it to me” asked Dringo to the oldest saint. “Sure your majesty” and saint started his story “your ancestors blindly destroyed forests for it’s treasures and hunted animals terribly, it passed for years and after days forests started depleating. Saints in agony cursed both the kingdoms never to unite again in any situation it may be. Then these lands separated with river Banaka, those saints gave powers to Banaka to destroy these lands, if they violate the curse.” Saint explained it to Dringo, Dringo felt ashamed of his blood and he was in rage that none of his masters made him learn about the curse. Soon, next morning Banaka danced ragely onto lands, Dringo in terrible situation now. He was filled with terror that his act, his love awarded him with terrible problems to Reinaka. Out of loss, Dringo along with his master craftsmen and scientists and army started to river to try any possibilities to change the situation.

        After his various efforts he succeeded in shifting the direction of river at cost of his army and blocked the river. Next moment, River Banaka took a human form of some thirty feet height. Banaka in agony said “Dringo you made a mistake, you shouldn’t have stopped me instead you should have pleased me for your good cause, but now it’s of no use.” Banaka in rage cursed Dringo to turn into a pigeon, who couldn’t speak and made him immortal to suffer his whole life. He then turned into pigeon and many years passed now, as a pigeon.

Dringo did no wrong. He tried to save his people. He married to his love. He do not about the curse for the mistake of their ancestors.Then Marie why should he suffer from loss.’ Richard explained whole story behind Dringo turning into pigeon, and asked his wife,

‘Am I wrong in my efforts towards him. I wanna see this man enjoying his love life as we do now. Is that wrong dear. Just for a second, for a second, assume we are apart for some stupid reasons, How do you feel then?’ Richard turned emotional asking her these questions.

‘Nothing wrong my love. Am sorry for my troubles’

‘No. Don’t say that, just this night am going ti finish this off’ said Richard with a smile.

‘I will be of any help. Go on’ at last Marie agreed him for his work.

Richard working like a machine all night, to his surprise he was succeeded in turning pigeon back into Dringo.

‘Oh my! Richard you succeeded’ Marie exclaimed in terrible happiness.

‘Have seen you working for me since years, can’t thank you enough my friend. Dringo will be on for you any service it may be’ Offered Dringo his gratitude towards Richard.

‘No my Majesty, it’s an honour for me working for you. Only a thing foe me, Please’ requested Richard.

‘Anything for you my friend’

‘Meet my Wife Marie Sempler, and in your words do convey her that your atory isn’t a myth.’

‘Pleased to meet you Marie Sempler, wife of my dearest friend Richard. And my story isn’t a myth.’ Dringo explained her in a pleasing manner.

Time is passing after various things explained by dringo. Finally Richard was successful in his attempt turning a pigeon into King. And now only left with sending this man into his time, to solve the issues and curses through his time Machine.

‘It’s already late my king. Will you please move, my queen is waiting for you’ Richard giggled at his own words.

‘Thank you for everything Richard. …….Thank you my friend’, after his words he stepped into time machine which started to his kingdom, Rienaka.

‘Your name will be in history my friend’ said Dringo waving at them.

Time machine flewed away.Richard now happy than ever at his success. Marie in teras now looking at her husband.

‘You made it dear, am so happy for you. Ofcourse am proud of you my love’ Marie uttered in happiness.

‘Oh, Marie !, It’s your husband, The great Richard Sempler, Can make anything possible’…They both enjoying their success, in fine morning.reasonsoss.'d now, as a pigeon.

. Nexwith head.There in a week, Dringo fell in lover a week, so that they feel it as honoured.Dringo ha no other option except to no

© 2017 Surya


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

There's one thing I can depend on from you, Surya, and that's high originality! This is a story that sounds like no other & that's the best thing to me. I find it interesting & inspiring, the way you fit together the telling of an ancient mythological happening & then taking your story into the present day. The sound of your writing changes appropriately to be like olden times or current times. When you're explaining the myth, your writing style becomes nicely full of lyrical embellishments.

I have to say, it does take a little work for the reader to get thru your writing becuz the mechanics of your English are not always smooth. But the quality of your storytelling makes it well worth the effort of trying to figure things out here & there.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Surya

6 Years Ago

Thank you so much for this appreciative and a correcting review, I appreciate your time reading it.... read more
I must say it is the best peice I read....Awesome surya ji

Posted 6 Years Ago


Surya

6 Years Ago

Haha..Thank you so much Pragya...:)
That's amazing wonderful work mate, i enjoyed this totally

Posted 6 Years Ago


Surya

6 Years Ago

Thank you so much Farhan...:)
Myth or tale. I enjoyed this story. Good characters and amazing story line. Always a pleasure to read your work my friend.
Coyote

Posted 6 Years Ago


Surya

6 Years Ago

Thank you so much John for your kind words....:)
Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

Was my pleasure and you are welcome dear Surya.
This is an interesting story. I noticed some grammar mistakes but that can b easily taken care of. And can you please change the font style? People usually use Times New Roman since it's easier to be read. And please put more spaces between the paragraphs it's very hard to read. No matter how good your writing is your story is going to go in the trash if the visual is unappealing. But aside from the technical I must say you are very creative! Keep on writing!

Posted 6 Years Ago


Surya

6 Years Ago

Grammar mistakes are made in hurry, even I pointed them but I thought, let it be a first look....and.. read more
What a splendid story, must have taken a lot of planning and thinking. It has a distinct touch of fable or ancient tale that's been passed down generation to generation. What sadness here and then, what rage, revenge - what a feat of engineering in changing the river's course, Plus, yet more, that magical of changing man to pigeon and back again! So much said in one epic tale!

As said, it IS a grand tale but to be honest, I found it somewhat hard to read in places, words squashed like sardines in a tin. Would politely suggest far more spacing so that people can read and note everything included.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Surya

6 Years Ago

I will put them in detail, at first I thought every detail made it much lengthier than now, so I edi.. read more
emmajoy

6 Years Ago

I so enjoyed your tale, read it twice but my eyes ached. Truly hope my suggestion doesn't offend, it.. read more
Surya

6 Years Ago

No offence at all....It is helpful to me, my dear friend...am glad you said it, or else as all just .. read more
its a joy to read such mysterious piece after such a long time... great work surya :)

Posted 6 Years Ago


Surya

6 Years Ago

Thank you Abhishek for your kind visit and words...:)
you are creative my friend,great story

Posted 6 Years Ago


Surya

6 Years Ago

Thank you so much Wordman...:)
 wordman

6 Years Ago

my pleasure
To transform a cursed pigeon back into human form - a King..

=> wow.lovely..i like it
:)

Posted 6 Years Ago


Surya

6 Years Ago

Thank you L.C. Jarette for your kind visit and words...:)
L.C. Jarrette

6 Years Ago

always a pleasure to visit and read good poems from talented writers..
:)
I enjoyed it so much Surya!
Very creative and mystical :)
Keep it up

Posted 6 Years Ago


Surya

6 Years Ago

Thank you so much Shaan, glad you enjoyed it...:)
Mr.Writer

6 Years Ago

No problem :)

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

653 Views
14 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on June 9, 2017
Last Updated on June 9, 2017

Author

Surya
Surya

Hyderabad, India



About
A pen, A paper can do wonders.....I hope. more..

Writing
Quixotic tale Quixotic tale

A Poem by Surya



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Today Today

A Poem by Saumya


Photograph.... Photograph....

A Poem by Surya