The Pleasures of Reading

The Pleasures of Reading

A Story by Sush Krish
"

An article about the self- explanatory title.

"

The smell and touch of each virgin paper of a new book, waiting to be read is itself very alluring. With each flipping page, a new experience awaits the reader.

Each page contains a fresh story to be told, an age old message for the reader to unfold. Every book has an appeal as powerful as the other.

 

The joy of watching a movie or playing video games remains soulless when compared to the pleasure of a heart-warming reading.

 

Every well written piece of literature is a wonderful creation in itself.

As it is said, a wise man learns from others’ experience. What a man can not attain through personal experiences, books convey. The places a man can not afford to visit, travelogues bring to him as a treat to his imagination.

The knowledge that every piece of writing imparts to its readers may turn out to be useful at the most unexpected moment.

 

It only takes a few minutes to read what gets etched into one’s heart, what transforms the mind of the reader. Good literature captures the reader’s heart and has the power to change the path of one’s life.

 

One must carefully choose their books as they would choose their friends because both are equally influential. The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the man who can't read them.

© 2010 Sush Krish


Author's Note

Sush Krish
Thanks for reading! I'd love some feedback.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Nice. I loved the start. I loved the end. It reminded me of the pleasure i get when i read something good.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Mmm... this was as good as In Two Minds. Very memorable write for me. Books are indeed influencing. The last few lines were very well worded.
"One must carefully choose their books as they would choose their friends because both are equally influential. The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the man who can't read them"

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

292 Views
2 Reviews
Added on June 2, 2010
Last Updated on June 2, 2010